jillTopic starter

Slash Interview on Michael Jackson
March 11, 2010, 09:20:57 PM
Slash interviewed at the Canadian Music Week....

Link to the article

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Print |  Email More Guitar hero Slash has revealed his distaste for the signature hook from one of his old pal Michael Jackson's biggest hits.

Speaking with CNN personalities -- and real life couple -- John Roberts and Kyra Phillips for his celebrity interview keynote during Canadian Music Week, the former Guns 'n' Roses guitar slinger took the opportunity to clear up the long-standing rumour that he played on Michael Jackson's 1991 hit, 'Black or White.'

"I never played on [Black or White'],' the guitarist explained. "If you listen to [the hook], that's gay. I'd never play that."

Regardless of the sexual orientation of the chord sequence, Slash did admit he could see where the confusion arose. "I played on 'Give in to Me' [also off 'Dangerous'] and in the 'Black and White' video, when Macaulay Culkin was trashing around, that's me playing."

The legendary guitarist, who played live with Jackson several times though out his career and appeared on all of the King of Pop's official releases from 1991 onwards, also took the opportunity to speak publicly about the singer's tumultuous life and the circumstances surrounding his untimely demise.

"Michael Jackson was f--king amazing to watch," Slash told the CNN twosome. "The one thing that Michael really wanted was for somebody to like him and those [child molestation] accusations just sorta just killed him.

"The fact that he was doing downers really makes sense for his lifestyle."

Of course, the interview wasn't just about the guitarists' relationship with the former Jackson 5 frontman. Roberts and Phillips -- who admitted that she could relate to Slash's rebel side and seemed to take great pleasure in using the vernacular 'ridin' high' -- also managed to get the axe-man to discuss some of the wilder high jinks he outlined in last-year's self-titled autobiography as well as his strained relationship with former bandmate Axl Rose.

"I try not to sit there and say derogative things about his personality, because that is what makes him so great. It's just hard for me to deal with," he told the packed Royal York Hotel Ballroom which included his Canadian metal heroes -- and recent documentary superstars -- Anvil sitting in the front row. "And for some other people to deal with, too," he added with a smirk.

Slash was in Toronto to promote his upcoming eponymous debut solo record, which features contributions from Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Ian Astbury, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother, and Fergie.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Slash Interview on Michael Jackson
March 11, 2010, 09:59:23 PM
wtf?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~[size=150]HEAL THE WORLD[/size]~
i march to the beat of MJs drum

jillTopic starter

March 11, 2010, 10:14:30 PM
I guess he didn't like Black or White, probably not his taste in music.  He must have just been clarifying which songs he played with Michael on.  He was being interview by CNN...they must not have had their facts straight (no surprise there).  I got the impression that he does not believe the child molestation charges that were brought against Michael.  With his own history of drug use, it must be easy for him to believe the drug use allegations.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 12, 2010, 12:04:31 AM
''If you listen to the hook that's gay, I'd never play that.'' Wtf does he mean by that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 12, 2010, 12:38:30 AM
"I never played on [Black or White'],' the guitarist explained. "If you listen to [the hook], that's gay. I'd never play that."

Regardless of the sexual orientation of the chord sequence Slash did admit he could see where the confusion arose.
------------
 :lol:
rofl.this was my favorite part.it's so funny.Looks like that 'ThinkB4youSpeak' Campaign isn't working.I think he meant it as in kind of corny or cheesy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

March 12, 2010, 01:10:34 AM
what an a- hole , he probably wouldn't be as popular and had as much exposure ,if not for Michael ! What an ingrate !  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

March 12, 2010, 02:09:36 AM
WTH? is that a real interview?

...and I thought Slash was a pro musician. Get a live, dude.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

MJJ1982

March 12, 2010, 01:38:17 PM
Quote from: "kelly wright"
what an a- hole , he probably wouldn't be as popular and had as much exposure ,if not for Michael ! What an ingrate !  :evil:

It seems that you don't know what you're talking about... Slash didn't became popular after working with Michael, but around '87 :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

March 14, 2010, 12:38:03 PM
ummm yea, Slash was way famous without Michael and he meant gay as in "not cool to him". Kids say that crap all the time. I hate when grown people say gay like that..lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain