TMZ had direct line to Jackson family?
January 22, 2010, 06:55:09 PM
I just happened upon this article   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
that was written on 26th June and it states, 'AOL's celebrity gossip page TMZ.com was first yesterday to report Michael Jackson's death, in part due to their direct line to one or more Jackson family members.'

It also gives a reference to an article TMZ wrote You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Now how did the Jacksons know details like that, and confident enough to air them?

Also, there is this article, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, that expresses interest in the fact TMZ managed to post Jackson's death at 2.20pm (local time) when the docs in the hospital only pronounced him dead at 2.26pm. It says TMZ 'seemed to have sources everywhere'. Harvey Levin says, 'we are totally wired in this town' and even reveals paramedics on the scene 'said he was dead long before we posted the story.'

Perhaps this explains the swiftness of their reporting.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: TMZ had direct line to Jackson family?
January 22, 2010, 07:04:03 PM
but i have heard in usa some states donot allow paramedics to declare someone deadunless doctors  do so  . because to lay man a person seems dead  but  when doctors  see any slighest sign of life or feel resuscitation can revive the patient they go on  with it ,its a tough decision on part of physician too
   i dont know what law follows in L.A if paramedics do/dont announce some one deceased
Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:24:19 PM by mjj_fan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 07:08:28 PM
I don't know what and to who direct lines tmz has... But today it's just overwhelming with news about MJ. I know, there is this whole case going on with his will.... but maybe it does mean sth?
The claim also says Jackson wanted help in creating a "Michael Jackson Global Warning Awareness Initiative" and to create a Michael Jackson film festival located in the Sultanate of Oman.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 07:16:03 PM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
but i have heard in usa some states donot allow to declare someone dead without doctors pronouncing them dead . because to lay man a person seems dead  but  when doctors  see any slighest sign of life or feel resusitation can revive the patient they go on  with it
   i dont know what law follows in L.A

Point is TMZ can declare someone dead if they want. They trusted whatever the paramedics told them and went with the story. They clearly had reliable sources - that is the interesting point. What time did Jermaine give the press conference?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 07:27:05 PM
around  2 pm i dont remember exact time
but i think we should research  a little about it if paramedic in L.A can /cannot pronounce some one dead
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 07:39:15 PM
around  2 pm i dont remember exact time
but i think we should research  a little about it if paramedic in L.A can /cannot pronounce some one dead

It has been said that the paramedics wanted to pronounce him dead at the scene. They will check vital signs first to determine how they proceed. They certainly have enough knowledge to determine whether someone is dead or not. However a higher authority was present (murray) and overruled them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 07:43:22 PM
you took me wrong i didnt mean that they dont have knowledge to  check for vital or other things  .i was talking about law in L.A . i also heard the same, they wanted to declare him dead but  dr murray insisted to take him to Ucla. thats why i said so .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 24, 2010, 01:15:44 PM
you took me wrong i didnt mean that they dont have knowledge to  check for vital or other things  .i was talking about law in L.A . i also heard the same, they wanted to declare him dead but  dr murray insisted to take him to Ucla. thats why i said so .

This link should provide the info you want and it's relevant for LA. It confirms that in specific circumstances (relevant also to Jackson's situation) paramedics can determine death of a patient without base hospital contact. It follows that this also means they will not undertake any resuscitation under those circumstances. However it does imply that a physician is needed to sign a death certificate.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So in Jackson's case the paramedics, after assessing him and following a set protocol as described in the link, decided to cease resuscitation and declare him dead. Murray, being a higher authority, overruled them and instructed the paramedics on the care they should give him en route to the hospital. It says in the affidavit 'Murray assumed care from the paramedics and accompanied them to the hospital.'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions