mumof3Topic starter

please help stop the dolphin killing
November 29, 2009, 10:56:18 AM
it is a topic that is close to michaels heart too stop the killing of beautifull dolphins in denmark if you google it there is a petion to sign i have sent a link but be warned it is very upseting   to watch how can those people carry this out what is wrong with them.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: please help stop the dolphin killing
November 29, 2009, 11:13:13 AM
So very true and how anyone can be cruel to animals is very sad. But please do not just think of Dolpins and domestic animals, there are billions of animals suffering around the world not just for the fact that they are killed for their meat but the fact that they are bred for this and lead absolutely pitiful lives in terrible conditions only to be cut short for the meat industry. Where do you draw the line? Is a dolpin,dog or cat able to feel pain and not a pig, chicken or cow etc? I have been a vegetarian for many years now as I find the meat industry cruel and inhumane. Please read the following;

PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals)

Animals Are Not Ours to Eat
 Hell on Earth –
the modern factory farm The green pastures and idyllic barnyard scenes of years past are now distant memories. On today's factory farms, animals are crammed by the thousands into filthy windowless sheds, wire cages, gestation crates and other confinement systems. These animals will never raise their families, root in the soil, build nests or do anything that is natural and important to them. They won't even feel the warmth of the sun on their backs or breathe fresh air until the day they are loaded onto trucks bound for slaughter.

Animals on factory farms have no legal protection from cruelty that could be illegal if it were inflicted on dogs or cats, including neglect, mutilations, genetic manipulation, drug regimens that cause chronic pain and crippling, transport through all weather extremes and gruesome and violent slaughter.

Yet the farmed animals who are not protected from cruelty are no less intelligent or capable of feeling pain than are the dogs and cats we cherish as our companions. They are inquisitive, interesting individuals who value their lives, solve problems, experience fear and pain and are capable of using tools.

According to animal-behaviour scientists, chickens begin learning from their mothers while they are still in their shells, pigs can play video games better than some primates can and fish form social bonds and can remember things that they have learned for the human equivalent of 40 years.

There are alternatives to eating animals. Vegetarian foods  provide us with all the nutrients that we need, minus the saturated fat, cholesterol and contaminants that are found in meat, eggs and dairy products.

Plant-based diets protect us against heart disease, diabetes, obesity, strokes and several types of cancer, and vegetarians also have stronger immune systems and live 10 years longer, on average, than meat-eaters do.

Not only is raising animals for food cruel and unhealthy, it is also extremely inefficient – for every pound of food that animals eat, only a fraction of the calories are returned in the form of edible flesh. If we stopped intensively breeding farmed animals and grew crops to feed humans instead, we would easily be able to feed every human on the planet with healthy and affordable vegetarian foods.

Animals are not ours to eat. Pledge to be vegetarian today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

November 29, 2009, 07:51:01 PM
I'm with you Harley.  It's strange to me that people will love and dote on their dog or cat like their child, and then fire up the grill and eat other animals.  No offense, but I don't think I'll ever understand that one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

November 29, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
I don't even need to watch it.  Dolphins are so docile and beautiful.  You are right.  That statement about cats and dogs as pets and the meat on the grill really put some perspective on things.  Never quite heard it put like that.  Profound.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

November 30, 2009, 07:32:48 AM
Eww! I just watch that video, It's really sad!  :cry:  I can't believe that we human does that to the animals! And look at how they poluted the sea with Dolphin's blood!  :evil: :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I still love him, although he\'s bad, he\'s dangerous & a smooth criminal! 

Stories buried and untold, somebody\'s hiding the truth - Cry

mumof3Topic starter

November 30, 2009, 07:40:18 AM
I agree with all of you no animal should feel pain inflicted by human but i had to put this video on our forum as it was sent to me asking to be forwarded and i knew that yopu good people would pass the word round to me this is just horrific and the reason i felt so strong about it is that Dolphins are intelligent and friends to humans how can we stop this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 30, 2009, 07:48:16 AM
Quote from: "mumof3"
it is a topic that is close to michaels heart too stop the killing of beautifull dolphins in denmark if you google it there is a petion to sign i have sent a link but be warned it is very upseting   to watch how can those people carry this out what is wrong with them.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Heres what i did... I wrote an E-mail to our danish primeminister and told him that we need to STOP the killing of the whales and dolphins.. But remember that this is not going on here in Denmark (since we don't have those kind of animals), it's on the Feroe island they are killing those beautiful animals.. Feroe island is a part of the danish government... If you want me to i would gladly put the E-mail to our danish primeminister on this site... I think you should write to him and tell him STOP THE KILLING..

Let me know if you the e-mail adress..

Best Regards
P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Peter Pan
“I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face . . .”

November 30, 2009, 08:45:50 AM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
I'm with you Harley.  It's strange to me that people will love and dote on their dog or cat like their child, and then fire up the grill and eat other animals.  No offense, but I don't think I'll ever understand that one.

So true, I also will never understand that here in the UK there is the RSPCA (Royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals) to protect animals and if anyone is reported to be cruel to any domestic animal, even a hamster then they are arrested and charged but those same RSPCA officers will more than likely go home at evening and tuck into a meal which will consist of a poor dead animal on their plate.
The young man that babysits for me got a job on a pig farm-he loved the pigs, he said each one had their own personalities-some are playful, some are grumpy, some very loving and docile and he only lasted a few months in that work as he could not bear to see them being farmed for meat and sent off to be slaughtered before their time. From then on he has joined the ranks of us vegetarians. If most of you knew what went on in the meat industry you would never want to ever eat what was once a living thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

mumof3Topic starter

December 01, 2009, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: "knowhesalive"
Quote from: "mumof3"

Heres what i did... I wrote an E-mail to our danish primeminister and told him that we need to STOP the killing of the whales and dolphins.. But remember that this is not going on here in Denmark (since we don't have those kind of animals), it's on the Feroe island they are killing those beautiful animals.. Feroe island is a part of the danish government... If you want me to i would gladly put the E-mail to our danish primeminister on this site... I think you should write to him and tell him STOP THE KILLING..

Let me know if you the e-mail adress..

Best Regards

Thankyopu knowheisalive that would be great if you could give us all the email as this is barback and has to be stopped please help all  of you it has to be done please.
P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 12:34:30 PM
Please spare a thought for the billions of Turkeys slaughtered for the coming festive season. please read and watch;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions