thats interesting elvis used to do those things!! a lot of people saying so far dvd seems to be mj cinema doubles gives a lot of insight i agree and thats the point sounds pretty dam awesome from wot ive heard so far!! :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

Quote from: "jonnysgirldangerous"
Heyyy speeddemon, welcome to the family. Just wanted to comment something you mentioned about the quality of the recording. I saw TII three times in the cinema and not for a moment I believed that was something amateur that was only for MJ personal purpouses, it was a professional recording without a doubt. So very likely all of that was meant for being a movie to begin with and not a concert IMO. In YT you can see the rehersals of the dangerous tour and it's a camera taking the hole thing from one angle, that's how you do it if you just want a personal archive.

you took the words out of my mouth!! i read somewhere that they used normal cameras just to capture the rehersals so mike could look back an say change this etc etc..

sorry guys that does not look like crappy recorded rehersal footage to me just to look back on.. and why interview the dancers.. what difference would that make..

OH AND.. when you look back on films to show them making of them in general its crappy even shakey and the sounds rubbish, etc.. AND look at his other rehersal footage from his history tour on youtube, just him on stage no dancers, just an empty arena or whatever he was in, doing sound an lighting checks..  :shock:

just repeated some of what you said but i got excited as it all makes sence!!  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This has always been a thought of mine...........if this was really just supposed to be rehearsels, why not have done them in London to begin with?   I mean, as we have all seen, everything was over the top, so elaborate, and had to have cost millions.  So, rehearse all this here, pack up ALL THAT STUFF, and spend God knows how much money to have them shipped over on a boat?    It just ever made any sense to me.  Anyone ever think that?
karralyn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

somekindofsign

I haven´t see the DVD version but in the theaters version there are clear things already.

I work in media, mostly making music videos, groups EPK, alive concerts for DVD... so for me it´s easy to analyze some of the things. Not everything.

EPKs (electronic press kits) normally are the result of stuff following the band during the process, recording, tour, or whatever... That would be similar to the pretended "MJ personal use" (his cameraman of course is professional so it have to be similar) or a making off shooting.

TII is more like shooting for DVD, so personal use, no way. And HD? No.
Not even him, when he have never before asked for the best available quality for that.

The whole thing seems to be recorder for the film, taking care to show as much as possible of the whole show. But taking care not to put it all, because it would be obvious that it´s not for personal use and that the show was completly ready (for the hoax).

Totally agree about stage stuff made in US to be shipped over. No sense.
But I´ve never worked in something so huge.
We can say he did it that way because wanted US stuff, but it´s cheaper paying the accommodation in UK, flights and allowances of the crew.

And one thing more. Some graphic stuff is obviously made only for the film.
I think there are some examples of that.
Check the begining of "The way you make me feel".
There is some kind of theater or city lights, in graphic motion, getting closer, so from our point of view we zoom or fly it over and there is the scaffolding, city, shadows, dancers...

How can they possibly do this motion graphics alive????

The films on screen at the back of stage, even 3D there, are completly possible, but this?

Motion graphics between the audience and the stage?

They don´t seem to imply it´s just for the lack of shots that to edit with.
They seem to imply it was happenning also alive in tour.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Boreas

Quote from: "karralyn"
This has always been a thought of mine...........if this was really just supposed to be rehearsels, why not have done them in London to begin with?   I mean, as we have all seen, everything was over the top, so elaborate, and had to have cost millions.  So, rehearse all this here, pack up ALL THAT STUFF, and spend God knows how much money to have them shipped over on a boat?    It just ever made any sense to me.  Anyone ever think that?
karralyn

yeah, I was thinking the same thing....Like, yeah, it would have been convenient to rehearse in L.A where MJ was living, but I'm sure he could have gotten a place to stay in England...

Well, one thing I did feel, at least for me, is that it felt weird watching it on the tv. I felt like some things have been changed?

Also... the whole thing felt staged in a way...especially the beginning with the dancers saying "omg it's so cool to work with mike!"...like how it was filmed like a documentary type of thing....like the camera angles and zooms were all perfect, like a real movie was being shot or something. I don't know. that's my 3 cents.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Elsa

I don't understand why there are different release dates for the DVD.  In Australia it keeps being put back.  Now it is 03-03-2010.  

Quote from: "karralyn"
This has always been a thought of mine...........if this was really just supposed to be rehearsels, why not have done them in London to begin with? I mean, as we have all seen, everything was over the top, so elaborate, and had to have cost millions. So, rehearse all this here, pack up ALL THAT STUFF, and spend God knows how much money to have them shipped over on a boat? It just ever made any sense to me. Anyone ever think that?
karralyn

Yes, when I see the cherry picker.   It must be a huge operation if you tour to pack everything and relocate.  So if you're in one location and you don't have to do that why not go to the O2 weeks ahead and rehearse there with everything in place.  

Or maybe they did.  Maybe they were in London.  

The second time I saw TII I noticed most of them seemed overdressed for rehearsals in spring/summer in California.  The dancers and Orianthi especially.  Was the Staples Centre temp set to subarctic!  We should see all the dancers stripped down for the rehearsals but mostly you see layers, jackets, long coats, long sleeves - on stage and off.
Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:15:30 PM by Elsa
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I got my DVD early too - a week ago - the special edition with two discs.

A few things I noticed are

1) The movie is five minutes shorter than the version shown in the cinemas - have to play both simultaneously to see what is missing.

2) ORANGE PANTS IS MICHAEL - you can see that especially in the featurettes. If you dont find him singing in some places it is because the audio has been taken from different rehearsals and pieced together with the best video.

3) 02 MICHAEL IS MICHAEL - I have frozen the dvd while it was playing and in no way is there any glove/skin on his right hand. I AM NOW SURE THAT THE PIC RELEASED WITH THE EXTRA SKIN IS FAKE. It is all part of the illusion and to make us believe that there was a double. You can see all his doubles on the MJ impersonation MYSPACE and no one is even 90% Michael. They just wanted us to think there were doubles, just like when he did his world concert - the media was full of - will 'real Michael' visit all the countries or not.

4) The dates for all that happened is given in the DVD. It says auditions started in April 2009, Practice started in May 2009. Yet Timor got his work visa May 11 2009 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . So they practiced for little over a month ONLY and was supposed to start the show July 09?????

5) In the featurettes - you can see the double they used for placements - he looks healthy - like navi build - and you can clearly tell him apart. MJ also did most of his stunts in the Smooth Criminal movie.

More to come.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

4KB

I went out and purchased my copy the first day out!  

I am a little confused.....I have only watched the dvd once from beginning to end...and will watch it again and again but thought to ask you guys about this also.  We have seen some of the dancers do intereviews and also we saw some of the dancers say their piece in TII.....when you watch the actual movie, none of the dancers that are performing with MJ seem to be those that we have seen.  There is one dancer with very blonde spikey hair.....and a few others that I have not seen anywhere.  How many lead dancers did he have?  Also, they had done auditions for DANCERS, yet in the movie, some of the dancers are also back-up singers.  Would they not have to audition for dancers that could sing as well?  I am very confused by the dancers...and I think we should look at them a little more closely.  The blonde female dancer (sorry can't remember her name) is barely even in the movie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Elsa

Quote from: "simalves"
4) The dates for all that happened is given in the DVD. It says auditions started in April 2009, Practice started in May 2009. Yet Timor got his work visa May 11 2009 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... re=related . So they practiced for little over a month ONLY and was supposed to start the show July 09?????

Can anyone translate the part about the work visa?  

Was it a work visa for the UK or the US?  The show that didn't happen (concerts) or the show that did happen (memorial).  

Rehearsals - US
Concerts - UK
The memorial/burial/live appearances - US  

And didn't he need a work visa to audition?    :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It is a visa for the US - exactly my thought - why get a work visa for the US when you are just practising and then leaving to actually work in the UK few months later. And the video was specially made. They focus on the watch to show the date - who did they need to prove the date to. It was uploaded a day after they say the event took place but it is a very strange personal video.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

somekindofsign

Timor doesn´t need a visa nor even passport to go UK... Nederlands and UK are both EU.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

According to Kenny O. they were 8 days away from flying to London to get ready for the final dress rehearsals. Travis Payne said that on the last day of rehearsal (24th June) they had finished it all and were ready.  Kenny said in another interview that they had planned on rehearsing Dirty Diana on the 25th.  It wasn't seen in the footage, but got mention in the credits.  
Another thing is that they would have had to take everything down, pack it up and ship it to London.  Now, how long would that take?  At least 2 weeks, if not longer. That would bring us to around July 9th.  Cutting it awfully close.  The first concert was scheduled for the 13th of July, if I remember correctly.  Now once all the equipment arrives, they would still have to set it all up, and make sure it all worked, and do sound checks, and rehearsals, etc.  I just don't think that could have all been accomplished in such a short time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "speeddemon"
hi,

i have just seen the us this is it dvd.

after watching it, it feels totally different than the cinema version. in the cinema i was sure there were impersonators.

watching the dvd i can categorically dismiss this. it was all michael, even orange pants.

Sorry but I have to disagree.  I have the US DVD and blue ray and it's the same version as the movie we saw in the cinema.  Definitely NOT all Mike!

not all michael? i dare u too watch in the blue ray version u can tell real well there. maybe the smooth criminal part was probably wasnt all mj cuz some parts mj didnt want to get on like him slidin down the railing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loma

Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
According to Kenny O. they were 8 days away from flying to London to get ready for the final dress rehearsals. Travis Payne said that on the last day of rehearsal (24th June) they had finished it all and were ready.  Kenny said in another interview that they had planned on rehearsing Dirty Diana on the 25th.  It wasn't seen in the footage, but got mention in the credits.  
Another thing is that they would have had to take everything down, pack it up and ship it to London.  Now, how long would that take?  At least 2 weeks, if not longer. That would bring us to around July 9th.  Cutting it awfully close.  The first concert was scheduled for the 13th of July, if I remember correctly.  Now once all the equipment arrives, they would still have to set it all up, and make sure it all worked, and do sound checks, and rehearsals, etc.  I just don't think that could have all been accomplished in such a short time.

You're right. This is it = It is Shit.
Especially for a Michael Jackson show, with light man, the giant screen, cherry picker, etc. They couldn't set it all up in 3 days, leaving one for light and sound checking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

i have a new theory:

i think they finished this is it entirely and recorded it for a later final version of this is it.
mj in the grey suit did the whole concert in one swoosh which seems to be the "perfect" end version.

the other mj recordings, i.e. orange pants were added in order to sell the image of a thin mj and so forth. mj has tons and tons of makeup on in the non-grey suit shots, this must have been done for a reason.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions