hi,

i have just seen the us this is it dvd.

after watching it, it feels totally different than the cinema version. in the cinema i was sure there were impersonators.

watching the dvd i can categorically dismiss this. it was all michael, even orange pants.

the movie is a masterpiece, it feels like a top notch production, not the two guys filmed random stuff garbage that we are supposed to believe.

still no mention of michael being dead.

what i found suspicious was that end credits mention that aeg would like to thank people that have helped them during the production of this is it. i'm not sure why they would have had any input at all.

the credits also mention a uk publicity team. what where they supposed to do? recruit people for the o2 announcement?

the credits also heavily mention a full live production team. what is that all about? i understand stage design and execution... but live production?

another thing that is very obvious. the amount of money that went into the creation of this is it, by this i mean the stage show is phenomenal.

i'm really staggered by this and really fail to see how they could have returned a decent profit from the tour even with 50 dates. the stage is so mega complicated, the quality of the 3d effects mind-blowing and so many different costumes, even for the dancers, much on the scale of a mega production.

after watching this is it on dvd i just get the impression that mj is back on top of his game. not for one second did i think, boy mj looks ill or has lost it.

i'm joining the hoax believer team.

boy what a first post :-)

greets to all
Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:57:28 PM by speeddemon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

A warm welcome to you speeddemon and what a great opening post this is :D
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

How did you get a DVD? Bootleg or real deal?

Im looking forward to getting mine... although i know its going to break my heart all over again.  I only saw TII in the cinema once so its hard to get a feel for how MJ really was but i remember he did look very thin in some scenes.

I agree with you...  i also think it was all MJ and no impersonators.

In answer to the UK publicity team... the O2 concerts in London were very well promoted over here in the UK with UK advertisements on TV and things like that...  probably what that refers to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i'm in the uk too.

the credits stated publicity not promotion team. for me they are different. i saw some posters in london and some ads on itv (thats a uk tv network), but this tour practically sold itself. the o2 announcement was the big promo item.

when looking for hoax clues i think we should just go with the obvious really.

at the end mj says i'll be back in my own time, which is captain obvious.

further to this, during thriller there is a resurrection scene similar to the one in the ghosts movie and immediately after this we hear the song threatened.

resurrection & threatened , hmmm how could they be connected, the spider is also just before the resurrection scene.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@speed-deomon.  I am curious how you got DVD.   :lol:   Ive pre-ordered the two disc special TII for Feb 22nd.

Is yours real deal or boot leg?

Reason i ask is because there are a few DVDs knocking about that are actually the film recorded from the cinema if you know what i mean...  people go into the cinema and record the film there and then transfer it to DVD.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

some us dvds got sent out early. someone i know showed me the dvd version. it's definitely the cinema version. i'm getting the uk version when it's out, but i have seen the us dvd version and just wanted to give some impressions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "AnnieIsNotOK"
A warm welcome to you speeddemon and what a great opening post this is :D

thanks, annie, I'm a long time lurker, lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
How did you get a DVD? Bootleg or real deal?

Im looking forward to getting mine... although i know its going to break my heart all over again.  I only saw TII in the cinema once so its hard to get a feel for how MJ really was but i remember he did look very thin in some scenes.

I agree with you...  i also think it was all MJ and no impersonators.

In answer to the UK publicity team... the O2 concerts in London were very well promoted over here in the UK with UK advertisements on TV and things like that...  probably what that refers to.

I will watch it on Blu Ray and I'm more excited then before to watch it:)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

Heyyy speeddemon, welcome to the family. Just wanted to comment something you mentioned about the quality of the recording. I saw TII three times in the cinema and not for a moment I believed that was something amateur that was only for MJ personal purpouses, it was a professional recording without a doubt. So very likely all of that was meant for being a movie to begin with and not a concert IMO. In YT you can see the rehersals of the dangerous tour and it's a camera taking the hole thing from one angle, that's how you do it if you just want a personal archive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Welcome to the boards! Glad to have you here! :D

I bought the TII DVD and the Blue ray version today.  I can tell you one thing that the DVD is so high quality. In the cinema, it was very hard for me to see MJ clearly.  I could see MJ clear as day on the DVD.  I am still looking for any clues.  I will post any clues that I see.  Thank you! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

I think the most interesting part in credits was when they wrote:
Michael Jackson would like to thank (insert some names here, I dont remember)
 :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The day I will stop loving you, is the day when I close my eyes forever!

mehere

Welcome!

My guess is they never had any plans to take the ginormous stage anywhere.  It was all for the movie including the pyrotechnics.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "speeddemon"
hi,

after watching it, it feels totally different than the cinema version. in the cinema i was sure there were impersonators.

watching the dvd i can categorically dismiss this. it was all michael, even orange pants.

the movie is a masterpiece, it feels like a top notch production, not the two guys filmed random stuff garbage that we are supposed to believe.

still no mention of michael being dead.

what i found suspicious was that end credits mention that aeg would like to thank people that have helped them during the production of this is it. i'm not sure why they would have had any input at all.

the credits also mention a uk publicity team. what where they supposed to do? recruit people for the o2 announcement?

the credits also heavily mention a full live production team. what is that all about? i understand stage design and execution... but live production?

another thing that is very obvious. the amount of money that went into the creation of this is it, by this i mean the stage show is phenomenal.

i'm really staggered by this and really fail to see how they could have returned a decent profit from the tour even with 50 dates. the stage is so mega complicated, the quality of the 3d effects mind-blowing and so many different costumes, even for the dancers, much on the scale of a mega production.

after watching this is it on dvd i just get the impression that mj is back on top of his game. not for one second did i think, boy mj looks ill or has lost it.

i'm joining the hoax believer team.

boy what a first post :-)

greets to all
OMG I NOTICED THAT TOO , the dvd seemed to all be mj :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I LOVE THIS BOY !!
My Heart Belongs To Michael Joseph Jackson!

*Mo*

Quote from: "speeddemon"
hi,

Sorry but I have to disagree.  I have the US DVD and blue ray and it's the same version as the movie we saw in the cinema.  Definitely NOT all Mike!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just finished viewing the blu-ray version of "This Is It". I had my dad over because he was interested in seeing it too and I was interesting in hearing his perspective. I had also seen it at the theater on it's opening night. At any rate, it is phenomenal and am glad I invested the $$ to own it. It is incredible to see just how incredible that concert would have been and I am pained to think that I may never have that opportunity in my lifetime.  My dad-who is a hug Elvis fan -mentioned that some of Michael's techniques on stage (like stretching the ending of songs and jumping up and  down on stage-----per the scene where he states he's gonna let the coat burn) are very much like Elvis'. Could this indicate anything more than that????  My dad also asked why MJ failed to include any of his latest "Invincible" music in this concert. I have always wondered this because the man has incredible music from every album. Why not mix it up more???? My dad said it was very odd for an artist to not include his latest music in a tour. Why totally disregard it????  It is still confusing to me.  Otherwise, my Dad was shocked at how thin MJ was and that he couldn't recall him ever being that thin and he was very concerned about that. Overall, he very much enjoyed it and just reiterated how talented the man is.

To me, it looked like Michael throughout the concert (musical) part. I still question the 02 MJ though.  I cannot wait to hear what everyone else has to add.  The bonus footage is well worth it and insightful. I feel as if I got to learn a bit more about Michael through it. He is fabulous, just fabulous!
Love you Michael!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi