JennieTopic starter

Quote from: "naomifury"
I've been wanting to help Haiti since the earthquakes happened, but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to help out. I'm only in Highschool and i've already donated 10$ by texting that 90999 number, but I want to do a lot more. Ten dollars can help, but they need A LOT! Whenever I think of Haiti, I think...what if I were in that position, I'd want people to help me out and my country.

So I've asked my mom about maybe starting a fundraiser type thing where ALL of the money will go toward Haiti. In highschool, IMO, students are more likely to buy something that will benefit them as well instead of just give money. So I decided that I was going to order customized fabric wristbands, kinda like these.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and sell them at school. I'm not exactly sure what I want the bracelets to say, but I want it to have to do with love. And i'm not sure what color I will make them either.

But this is what I plan to do to spread the L.O.V.E. from my community to Haiti.

I am impressed with you ;)  A teenager still in high school wanting to organize such a big thing. Really WOW!! :D  You defenetly are a special person, I know when I was a teenager sadly I am pretty sure I would not have wanted to take up such responsibility. Sure I would have bought a bracelet but not go to the lenghts you want to go to.  God bless you!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

I donated €25 first but I gave another €25 so that is €50 I donated to Haiti and was doubled by the goverment so make that €100 for the people in Haiti :mrgreen: They really need it my heart goes out to all those people my heart really cries for them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Jennie"
I've been wanting to help Haiti since the earthquakes happened, but I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to help out. I'm only in Highschool and i've already donated 10$ by texting that 90999 number, but I want to do a lot more. Ten dollars can help, but they need A LOT! Whenever I think of Haiti, I think...what if I were in that position, I'd want people to help me out and my country.

So I've asked my mom about maybe starting a fundraiser type thing where ALL of the money will go toward Haiti. In highschool, IMO, students are more likely to buy something that will benefit them as well instead of just give money. So I decided that I was going to order customized fabric wristbands, kinda like these.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and sell them at school. I'm not exactly sure what I want the bracelets to say, but I want it to have to do with love. And i'm not sure what color I will make them either.

But this is what I plan to do to spread the L.O.V.E. from my community to Haiti.

I am impressed with you ;)  A teenager still in high school wanting to organize such a big thing. Really WOW!! :D  You defenetly are a special person, I know when I was a teenager sadly I am pretty sure I would not have wanted to take up such responsibility. Sure I would have bought a bracelet but not go to the lenghts you want to go to.  God bless you!

Wow, I bet Michael is so proud of you if he's read this! You're doing exactly what we need to do, and that's helping in any way we can! Bravo!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Quote from: "Jennie"

Wow, I bet Michael is so proud of you if he's read this! You're doing exactly what we need to do, and that's helping in any way we can! Bravo!

I do hope he is proud, if it weren't for him I don't think I'd have so much drive to do this. Ever since I learned more about his message I've realized how much of an inspiration he is to me. Love is a good message to spread, and he' s shown it to me more than anyone besides my family.
And thanks! To be honest, I don't normally step up and do things like this, I'm more of a go with the flow kinda person...but the whole Haiti situation speaks to me. I'm not sure why, but I know I can't just ignore it. I'm so excited to start helping out. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not my classmates will buy them. And I don't want the bracelet's to be lame or anything. Like I want them to symbolize something, not just be a bracelet.

I have no idea what to have printed on them yet...I was thinking maybe a short inspiring quote or something. If anyone has any awesome ideas I would definitely appreciate it. Gotta put my order in soon (:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know that L.O.V.E. survives, so we can rock forever on."

"Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel."

Naomifury, What a wonderful thing you are wanting to do. for your braclet why not a simple "It's all For L.O.V.E," anyone can get that message but Michael Jackson fans will understand it more.

I don't know if you have things like weekend markets or flee markets we call them but you could take them there one morning and sell then there as well. All you would need is a little sign saying My efforts for the people in Haiti and surely people would buy them .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E - Love Overcomes Virtualy Everything

That sounds great! I didn't even think about doing this outside of school! Thanks for you ideas (: I really like them!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions