Book of Eli?!
January 14, 2010, 03:22:20 PM
I drove passed a poster for the new film Book of Eli today.  One word stood out to me - guess what it was -B.E.L.I.E.V.E!

For those of you who don't know what the film is about, below is a resume, courtesy imdb:

A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.

ELI is of course the 2nd, 3rd and 4th letters from the word BELIEVE!

Is it me, or are there a lot of films at the moment dealing with the apocaypse?!

Another clue, maybe?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Book of Eli and MJ Coincidences
January 16, 2010, 10:20:27 AM
Like a lot of hoax believers, I peek under rocks searching for clues and/or coincidences. Maybe the following information is not a clue but perhaps just a noteworthy coincidence.
The Hughes brothers are behind the new movie Book of Eli.
A recent article describes how the Hughes brothers praise MJ's acting skills.
The trailer for Book of Eli has an interesting play on the word Believe.
Many MJ fans refer to the word Be[b[/b]lie]ve
Switch the letters of Eli and you get lie.

credit joyaboya  
Marlon Jackson tweet:
going to see my buddy Denzel in "Eli" right now. i hear it's good. Support my dear friend, at top of his game. Marlon J

credit to forever mjfc
The Hughes brothers have a way of attracting top-notch Hollywood talent to their films: Johnny Depp in "From Hell," Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman in the upcoming "Book of Eli." At the top of their movie wish list, though, is one artist known far more for his music—and for his spectacularly sordid final days—than for his acting.

"This is going to sound strange, but Michael Jackson was an incredible actor and no one knew that," Allen Hughes told MTV News.

"If you look at the nuances of 'The Wiz,' when he played the Scarecrow. Or if you look at the short film Scorsese directed before 'Bad,' where he's going head to head with Wesley Snipes. The acting he was doing? Oh my god it was good. I know actors and he was an incredible actor."

Let's also not forget about the Francis Ford Coppola-directed, "Captain EO," with its 3D amalgam of pop music and sci-fi genre tropes. As he made clear in his ghostwritten memoir, MJ himself always dreamed of a lasting and varied Hollywood career. That, of course, never happened.

. "He just never got the chance because of who he was."

The Hughes brothers, however, never got a chance to meet Jackson—and even if they had, by the early '90s when their careers took off, the King of Pop was already fully ensconced in *****ydom. A collaboration between them never had a shot. And if they weren't going to work together—or at least run in the same social circle—Allen preferred not to meet MJ at all.

"I never wanted to meet Michael," he explained. "Clint Eastwood is like a god to me. I don't want to meet Clint Eastwood. We've done documentaries and box sets on him. If we're at a dinner table together, that'd be lovely. But I don't want to be introduced to Clint Eastwood. I've been in rooms with him and Scorsese, and I just stay away."

Can you appreciate that desire to not meet a celebrity, to keep your opinions of an artist's work untainted by learning about who they are as a person? Are you a fan of Michael Jackson's acting work?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfZrbS79To
Trailer for "Book of Eli".Check out 1:56.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Book of Eli and MJ Coincidences
January 16, 2010, 10:26:08 AM
It IS interesting to bring MJ acting roles up.  He is definitely not renowned for his acting....so this may be a clue...but remember what (i think) Dr Arnold Klein stated in the beginning?....that MJ was one of the best actors ever (or something to that effect).  An odd, yet interesting thing say considering MJ is known for A LOT of other things, and acting ain't one of them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions