So where were you when Michael 'died'
November 28, 2009, 02:29:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, where were you? what time was it and what were you doing? And how did u get here?
Personally, I was in Gran Canaria on holiday :| 5 days in to the 2 week break when it happened!
Anyway it was about 10PM at night I think? My family and I had just went out and we were sitting in this bar and they had the TV on playing random music... next thing the guy that worked in the bar suddenly started running about and turned the TV over to news...Michaels face was on the screen. All I could see was the word 'Dead'. I actually was like huh? LOL. My heart only had one pang of ache but something inside comforted me, something to say that this wasn't as it seemed.
My mum said, 'What does that say on the screen? Michael Jackson...what about him.' I said 'Michael Jackson is dead'. She said, 'No he cant be'. Note how I wasn't fazed at all, it was like something inside me, instinct which made me feel, no he's not gone. The whole night though all I kept saying was 'Something isn't right'. I said it within an hour of him 'dying' to my mum and she said 'You know I think the same'.
So for the rest of the holiday, I was basically stuffed up in the apartment watching Sky News, and when that went to break..I would switch to Spanish news and watch that even though I didn't understand lmao :D My parents were going insane, I wouldnt even go to the pool, they literally had to drag me out at night LOL :D I was totally taken by this...
I followed everything, 'death', aftermath, mourning fans, Conrad Murray disappearing, autopsy. So needless to say, that wasn't a holiday I would particularly like to remember...LMAO.
The whole time I just wanted to get home, on the internet and find out so much info. I typed in 'Michael Jackson faked death' the very morning I got back (July 2nd at 6AM :D)  First went to MJHD followed the topics there for a few months then discovered this place. And the rest was HiStory ;) LMAO.
So what about you???
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: So where were you when Michael 'died'
November 28, 2009, 03:39:52 AM
uh, this is hard cause I remember the way I felt! I woke up at 6 in the morning to work at some papers cause I couldn't sleep (and I like to sleep believe me!) but I opened the tv only by 7. In LA in must have been evening so the news was already out there while here was night. I saw the photo and said "this is not true!". I tryed to confort with that thought. Then I saw Jermaine with his announcement and I just stood there in the room and freezed for couple of minutes. Then I called a friend fron Italy, where was 5 in the morning , wake her up to turn on the tv. Then I opened messenger, the messeges came from everybody who new already telling me how sorry they are. it was terrible. For a while I watched tv to see what has happened but after a while turned it off as I couldn't stand it anymore! This went like this for days, couldn't really watch tv.
I started suspecting things watching the hoax videos on youtube and here we are!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I Love you Michael, no matter what!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

smiles

November 28, 2009, 04:02:39 AM
well sadly i was at the party of my life... i had just graduated my education and was celebrating with my friends....

and this will for always remind me of that night... what a heavy shadow  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 04:37:44 AM
I wasn't a fan of him then but I didn't hate him either. My brother woke me up and told me Farrah had died. (I don't know what it is, but when ever someone dies, I'm the first person they tell. I can't tell you how many times I was woken up with "Patrick Swayze died!" even though they were all rumors, except the last one of course.) Later, I was in my room reading and my brother came is again and said Michael Jackson went to the hospital. I blew it off and thought, 'Oh. He'll be fine. Nothing major.' Eventually he came back in and said he had died.

Whenever someone dies, even if I don't know them, I get this weird feeling in my chest and then I go through all the "Awww. What about their family?" thoughts and others like that for a few minutes. It happened with Farrah, Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, and others but when my brother said he had died I was HIGHLY confused. My instincts have never let me down.

I turned on the tv and couldn't get any feeling besides "Huh???" I even tried to feel bad. I couldn't do it.
My tweet on June 25th after I could finally log in after Michael broke Twitter said, "Wow. What an unexpected day. RIP" It's not there anymore and I don't know why. I think I accidentally deleted it yesterday while deleting other tweets. :(  I was afraid to put RIP MJ. (because he didn't really die! ;) ) I didn't even put RIP MJ for the memorial.

Funny thing. My dad, who if you remember in the dream thread has some very wrong views on MJ, came home from work and said, "Did you hear Michael Jackson faked his death?" I said, "Yep."
He's the whole reason I found MJHD in the first place. I was just going to let the whole situation be (at that time I believed the whole "He was poor!" thing and had a 'whatever' attitude about everything) but he showed me the video of the "moving body" in the helicopter. That was that  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 05:21:09 AM
Um, well, in the exact moment I was sleeping, because it was in the middle of the night here back then. I got up on the morning as usual and went to my summer work.
For a while I listened to radio, then suddenly I hear someone in radio laughing to MJ's death. I didn't believe it first. I listened another song from the radio, and then I really understood that they're telling me he is dead.
Then I just went home.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

November 28, 2009, 05:55:01 AM
i'd just gone to bed!! an my friend rang me and told me.. i didn't believe her to be honest!! so i came downstairs an put the news on.. and there it was.. :(

then i rang my partner who was working in canada at the time an told him.. it was very emotional.. well thats my bit.. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

icy55

November 28, 2009, 06:58:58 AM
I woke up to the horrible news, what a way to start my day... =(

But now it's all fine, because Michael aint dead! He just 'disappeared'!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 07:37:37 AM
i was sleeping and my mom woke me.. it was 7 am in holland. she was crying and said: you don't believe what i just heard on the news! Michael Jackson has died! so that wasn't a nice wake up call...
and then it all started..look where i am now, 5 moths later!! ;)  it's a great adventure for sure!! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 07:24:02 PM
In the morning I got up and switched on the radio and heard meldung.
I could not believe it, I called my mother, woke up my man, I was destroyed ....... was awful, I asked myself God why you have got him now so early to yourself? I thought sovieles, however, also nothing....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 08:26:26 PM
well, i was at home. usually i watch the news then my soap opera :) it was 3 days before i would enter my college. so, the news was on & the image ofthe hospital appeared. it said Michael was being hsopitalized. as time progressed, more people gathered around there and the police were blocking the hospital. my father said, "if they're blocking everything it means he died." i was on faacebook & all people would status about was Michael. i remember writing, "Michael Jackson is in a coma. Please pray for him!" until it was said that he was dead, but CNN did not confirm. i stll had a little bit of hope until CNN confrmed he died. facebook statuses were sad, and amusing. one day put a status up saying, RIP Michael. someone else commented it like, "are you at your house?" and the guy who wrote the status was like, "ni**a you asking me if i'm home when Michael Jackson just died. the world is about to end for real" LOL :lol: i felt sad, but not enough to cry. my sister & i said we would get a tatoo of the MJ sign. until later, like 11 at night (EST) i was blogging on facebook, BAWLING my eyes out because i wrote this long RIP blog on him. i was shocked, but so sad...

i honestly don't know how i got to thinking about him hoaxing his death...i can't remember. i was at college for 6 weeks straight so i kept myself occupied (& everyone knew me by my love for MJ :D ). but i'm glad i found you guys<3. thank you for giving me hope.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 29, 2009, 12:07:23 PM
It was 10pm and i was in a bar in Dublin, Ireland at a hen party for one of my friends... so was dressed as an angel and a bit tipsey.

The live band that was playing, stopped and announced it on stage.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

November 29, 2009, 01:21:07 PM
Oh Gosh I remember that so well. I was in Texas at the time. In my mom's room upstairs. It was me, my sister, and my mom. I had just got home about an hour before. I was in the room talking to my sister an my mom. When the 5:00 news was broadcasting Michael was just in the hospital from cardic arrest an they didn't know what his current condition was. In my head I was like Michael going to be okay. I just kept telling myself that. Like after 5 or 6 minutes of telling myself this. They stated that he had now died. My heart just suck in my chest. I was so confused and frustrated. I just wanted to scream. Later on, They started showing his videos. I was sad but I didn't shed a tear. If I did I force them to come down. Now maybe I'm crazy but that's not natural. I loved this guy with all my being yet my eyes wouldn't cry unlessed force. So I guess a couple of weeks past. I started thinking watching videos on youtube would stir up some type of emotion if I watch them constantly. They didn't but I came across a comment with MichaelJacksonHoaxDeath.Com attached to it. So I went there out of curiosity and since then I always had hope that he wasn't gone physically  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"I now know I\'m mad and that\'s not even
the disturbing part...it\'s the fact that I\'ve
never embraced it before now"

November 29, 2009, 02:16:37 PM
I will always remember this day. I was at my aunt's house in Tennessee on summer break. Everything was going great. My baby cousin was just born and I was helping my aunt with him. I was on the treadmill and my aunt went on the computer. Her computer automatically opens up to the Yahoo homepage. She yelled to me on the treadmill: "Michael Jackson was found unconscious in his house." I asked her if he was okay and she said "Yes, he's at the hospital." About 5 minutes later I got off the treadmill and went on to Yahoo. In big bold letters it said MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD. I couldn't believe that he had died within 5 minutes of being unconscious. I had like 2,000 texts and emails from people saying: Michael Jackson is dead! It was about 4:30pm where I was. Because in California he died around 2:26pm and I was 2 hours ahead of them. Just a really sad day...At the time I really believed he was dead,(I think we all did) But then I went on the MichaelJacksonHoaxDeath.com. I honestly thought it was gonna be some stupid website with a bunch of people who just couldn't let go of Michael. But then when I realized they were stating real facts, I began to believe. And here I am today!  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

November 30, 2009, 08:31:57 AM
It was almost midnight and I was sitting downstairs and that is when I heard it on Shownieuws, I was in absolutely shock me and my mum looked at each other and I couldn't believe it!
I ran upstairs and followed TMZ and CNN almost till after 3:00 in the morning.
It was such a weird feeling I will never forgot that night it was so shocking and awful, but now we know he's alive it all makes a little bit sense but still I get one of the worst feelings thinking about that night :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 09:13:46 AM
I was in the shower, and my partner shouted out to me Michael Jacksons Dead!!!  and i said u are joking and i showered up as quick as i could, and went into our bedroom, saw the tv and after that i couldnt really do anything :cry: . I just kept reading it Micheal Jacksons Dead and it wouldnt sink in and i cried :cry: .
It was about 11pm uk time and i stayed up till almost 4am and i had to go to work the next morning.
I almost called in sick the next day. All day at work i was on the internet and then rushed home on 26 06 09 and the nightmare continued until July when i found MJHD forum and then i wasnt so bad, i really was in a bad way believe me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
With Such Confusions Dont It Make You Wanna Scream!!