ArielTopic starter

my simple theory it's really just for love
November 28, 2009, 12:53:14 AM
Hi, I am not new.

My theory is simple, there may be many details and reasons, but in summary, this is my understanding

It’s very simple and really all for love

Let me start with a quote
“An honest man who arrests public attention will be called a "humbug,"' but he is not a swindler or an impostor. If, however, after attracting crowds of customers by his unique displays, a man foolishly fails to give them a full equivalent for their money, they never patronize him a second time, but they very properly denounce him as a swindler, a cheat, an impostor; they do not, however, call him a "humbug." He fails, not because he advertises his wares in an outer manner, but because, after attracting crowds of patrons, he stupidly and wickedly cheats them.”
P.T. Barnum--"Humbugs of the World"

When we say Michael Jackson there is no doubt he can attract public attention with his unique displays. One of a kind songs, videos, appearance, shows, poetry, you name it. And he kept the attention for a long time, he still has it. So, let’s see what is behind the glitter.

Here is a trick to boil a frog alive. You put the frog in a pot with water, not to cold, not to hot, just right. Then start to increase the heat gradually. The frog will adjust, may even feel good, and if it is not smart enough at the end it would be … you know. If you think it is cruel, think about any addiction and you’ll know what I am talking about. Some people get addicted to drugs, some get addicted to a life style. You just go to work and back, pay the loans and don’t look around.

Let’s go back to P T Barnum and Michael Jackson. Michael got the attention of the world. And there were messages too. Consider his book “Dancing the dream and Reflection” where he said “Planet Earth, gentle and blue with all my heart, I love you”. And this whole book is a wonderful written statement about who Michael is. Love has been his driving force. He has always been that way.

But let’s look at the lyrics of his songs or at least some of them for a start. Take “Can you feel it” a very early song with Jackson 5, here is a part of it

all the colors of the world should be
lovin' each other wholeheartedly.
yes it's alright,take my message to your brother and tell him twice.
spread the word who tried to teach the man who is hatin' his brother,
when hate won't do
'cause we're all the same
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you.

The message is quite clear. I did not copy the whole text, because the post would be too long.
And Michael gave us wonderful messages in “Man in the mirror” (change your self first) “Black or white”( I Said If You're Thinking' Of Being My Brother It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White), “Heal the world”, “They don’t care about us”, “Earth song”, “The lost children” (don’t be selfish). But would anybody listen or many people were blinded by the glitter and didn’t get the message. Now, someone who truly cared about people would repeat the message and make many people hear it, as many people as possible, as soon as possible and use the power of that same glitter that captures people’s attention. Ironically enough, two or three years ago I was wondering why people do not get excited to listen to MJ songs, beautiful music and meaning behind the lyrics. Well, he has a plenty of happy songs, like “the way you make me feel”, but we can not be serious all the time, right.

Now when the biggest star on earth dies, the news reaches many people. We all saw this. We experienced it, right. Every body was listening to Michael’s songs, people started reading about him, expected the TII movie, but can we see behind the mask or behind the glitter.

I’ll start from June and memorial. Initially there was the news that MJ passed due to a drug addiction. The family tried an intervention, but could not help, they were not close to Michael, or many people tried to tell us so. And here comes the first message to children and adults “See what drugs can do to a person, even the biggest star. Don’t use them and keep a close relationship with the family”.  All media played the last rehearsal “They don’t care about us” and Michael saying that this is the greatest demonstration of freedom in human history, a clear message that something was brewing.

The memorial. Several parts stood out to me. First, a montage after the Berry Gordy’s speech. The had Michael saying “In the past few months I went from where is he to here is he again. I must admit it feels good to be tough of as a person, not a personality”. Then we saw part of “Leave me alone clip”, showing how the media was talking about Michael’s appearance, hyperbaric chamber, etc. Then a clips from “Smooth criminal”, and then “Bad”

I'm Bad-I'm Bad-
You Know It, You Know
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now

Sounds interesting. Then there was a clip of “Scream”, that media again, full of bad news. How can that media educate young people to be nice, not use drugs, not to carry guns in school, no way. And at the end Michael told us “You are not alone”.

Another outstanding part was a message on the screen from ‘We’ve had enough song”

“There's nothing that can't be done
If we raise our voice as one”

Does it ring a bell, that if we don’t take care of ourselves, no one will do it for us?
And of course Michael asked people if they will be there for him. Right? We had that spoken part of “Will you be there”. He asked the fans to stay with him.
Of course the Liberian girl picture and the words at the end “I am alive and I will be here forever” make a lot of sense about directing things : )

Michael gave us time to think during the summer. Then there comes the funeral. The song that played was “Will you be there”. So, fans were there for him or at least some. There was a picture of Michael used for promotion of “Liberian girl”, but the outfit is from the “Come together” video. All dancers took a picture with that portrait of MJ, smiling, it looked totally “Come together”. Here is some of the lyrics

Come together , Right now , Over me

What else can I add? Join Michael in his effort to heal the world and spread love.

The whole summer Kenny Ortega was twitting “L.O.V.E.”, it’s all for love. Sure, if you love people you want them to realize certain things, come together and make the world a better place, for all children, for everybody and think that Michael is a father himself. The message from the memorial was repeated at the VMA awards a few days after the memorial. I was asking “who needs a repeat”, but then realized than many people may need it.

Now, let’s jump to TII. Let’s look at the songs in the TII album, and just mention the parts of the movie related to the songs. I’ll go with the play list in the album, not in the movie. I have to admit that I mostly enjoyed the movie, the power and style. Haven’t seen such a nice art in a long time. Several songs stand out to me as a message, but I may be missing something. First song with part of the lyrics

“Wanna be startin’ something”

Lift Your Head Up High
And Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone
And Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now
Because You Know What's True
Yes, I Believe In Me
So You Believe In You
Help Me Sing It, Ma Ma Se,
Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa
Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa,

Wasn’t Kenny twitting the last words during the summer? Sure there was something starting, a campaign to spread a message. And remember during the movie Michael said “Let’s do it one more time”. So repeat the message so, people understand and realize it. Not to mention that many fans saw the movie more than once.

The next song is “jam”, part of the lyrics.

Nation To Nation
All The World
Must Come Together
Face The Problems
That We See
Then Maybe Somehow We Can Work It Out
I Asked My Neighbor
For A Favor
She Said Later
What Has Come Of
All The People
Have We Lost Love
Of What It's About

Does it get more clear and clear? I copied this from the lyrics and have to admit that I saw the movie only twice, mostly singing along, but I know the lyrics of most MJ songs any way, so I may not have paid attention if he sang the whole song or not.

Next song was “They don’t care about us”. I love this song and the part of the movie, “The greatest demonstration of freedom in human history”, and I loved Michael’s smile there.  To me he was telling straight what he was doing. Next song in the album is “Human nature”. Michael sang it early in the movie, may be saying we are just humans and we should live our lives like that, with the good and bad things that come our way, and try to enjoy life and the show.

Smooth criminal and “The way you make me feel” were just a very nice part of the movie. I mostly enjoyed them. Even the Gilda scene was mostly fun and especially that jump through the window. Yet, we are reminded that Michael is smooth <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> “The way you make me feel” and “Shake your body” sounds to me like “just enjoy life and it’s simple pleasures”.

Then we come to “Can’t stop loving you”. I don’t want to comment. MJ can not stop loving people and fans can not stop loving him. Then we come to “Thriller”, “Beat it”, “Black and white”. I mostly enjoyed that part of the movie. The message in B&W is clear and during “Beat it” I was thinking “You go Michael, beat it”.

“Earth song”, we should be much nicer to our planet and save it for the future generations. We should at least try to do what we can. “Billie Jean” is a fun song, just no MJ movie or concert would be complete without it. Enjoy life and it’s good moments and share with those around you.

The last song in the movie ”Man in the mirror”. Just a clear message to look at ourselves first, before we try to change the world. So, I am trying. I have been trying all along. Probably many people are. I think this one is clear too.

And “This is it”. Isn’t it clear that Michael is in the spot light trying to spread a very important message, just love other people. And he is doing all of that out of love for people. And on the second CD there is the “Planet Earth” poem. Just beautiful. Remember that Michael said in the movie that it is all for L.O.V.E and that it is a great adventure. Sounds right, for me.

Now, when the movie is running for a few more days, there was a Janet interview. She basically repeated the message about the drugs and staying close to the family. Of course we has the AMAs honoring Michael and he had deserved this. Well he did a P T Barnum type of a show, interactive, across the internet, TV, newspapers, movie theaters, may be the Greatest Show on Earth so far <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

As far as 2012 is concerned, I doubt it. I have been in physics for a long time and as far as I know 2012 happened in 1998. This does not mean that we should relax. We should still be nice to other human beings, animals the planet. We have a chance to do something nice this holiday season. We should do these things even without a gun pointed to our heads. We just have to be careful when listening to the media and think if it is true, don’t buy everything, but don’t dismiss it either.  Just be nice, don’t look at other people lives (e.g. starts and read tabloids) enjoy life, have fun, and love everybody.  That’s all, simple. Michael has been saying this during his whole life, but I am not sure how many people listened. Hope more people will se him in this way, not for what the media is portraying.  He gave it another chance, as he said in TII “let’s do it one more time”: It’s all for L.O.V.E.

I wanted to make a video along these lines, but it is going to take time and repeat the message. No need. I had a hard time understanding why Michael needs to tell the obvious and repeat it over and over. Then I realized that I just grew up in a nice family and always tried to live along these lines. So, I was looking for something not so obvious. May be many people are like this. It’s like drinking water every day (lucky us to have clean water). But many may not have been so lucky to be raised in a stable family with love. And it takes a great show and great art to spread the message. Music is powerful and a great talent has been used for a good cause.

In any case the message is very important, beautiful and simple, L.O.V.E.

I have always had faith in you Michael and believed you. L.O.V.E.

Credit to people who suggested the P T Barnum link, you know who you are <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;)
Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:03:26 PM by Ariel
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: my simple theory it's really just for love
November 28, 2009, 01:18:40 AM
LOL, a moment of deja' vu, a copy or one in the same?  It's all for L.O.V.E. and you still get the five stars!!!!! :P
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 01:59:14 AM
That was pretty much my conclusion of the universe, till the exstacy wore off.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Your angel is a speck of light perched at the very center of your heart. It is smaller than an atom, but just wait. Once you get close to it, your angel will expand. The closer you come, the more it will grow..."[/i]

ArielTopic starter

November 28, 2009, 02:59:21 AM
I haven't been following too much lately. So, why is it a copy. I'll look around.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 28, 2009, 03:33:15 AM
great post! :)
you've typed it down very good ;)
and yes, i also believe that it's all for love!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 28, 2009, 04:10:36 AM
EXCELLENT post! I agree with you about it being all for L.O.V.E. I am also one who believes in the Barnum theory being part of it all! I can't add much to it because I am with you on the same page! ;)

During that same Gordy speech you mentioned, Gordy also mentioned how he thought the "king of pop" was not enough for Michael and how he thought of him as "The Greatest entertainer" to ever lived! Barnum was consider to be the Prince of entertainment Michael will be the King!;)  Here is the video of Gordy's speech I think it gives us great insight as to who Michael is! The part I made reference to starts at about 7min. But the whole speech is worth listening to... just my opinion!

[youtube:3tepe8bx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vibRwe8iCk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:3tepe8bx]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Shh...I have a Secret...

Michael, With every beat of my heart... je t\'aime plus!
Relax, take a deep breath, let it simmer and... BAM!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 04, 2009, 07:28:12 PM
I am glad you like the post.
Michael did not leave us without clues during that whole time. Clues have always been around and always quite obvious. He may have serious reasons, the whole illuminaty story, yet he made the journey as fun as possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions