Re: Take a look : R.I.P. BILL BLAKE?
January 06, 2010, 11:25:02 AM
Quote from: "iMISSYOUMJ"
Quote from: "Alem (Thetruth)"
This doesn’t seem like a random name, that article you posted has written something about Michael's staging his death.

Really? Sorry I didn't see that? Is it the same article or?... :o  :shock:
No it's not in the same article, I would assume its the same writers or makers if you will. I can't seem to find that article but someone posted that one this forum.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Serenitys_Dream

January 06, 2010, 11:34:47 AM
Quote from: "MJhunny"
@ serenitys dream
interesting eh? Check out "Dead Man" on IDMB Bill Blake is played by Johnny Depp
in short he's on the run and gets help from someone who thinks that "Bill" is actually the writer William Blake. Tagline is interesting too: No one can survive becoming a legend.
Sorry can't copy the link here , am on my daughters new mini PC without a mose and have not figured the  touchpad out yet! But go to IDMB and check it out with the full plot summary
Links to MJ ? Well heard that Johnny Depp would play part of MJ in the eventuality of a film about MJ,    Johnny Depp knew Marlon Brando personally as did MJ, and your piece on William Blake the writer esp that last part .

WOW that is really interesting!

Plot Summary for Dead Man (1995)
Dead Man is the story of a young man's journey, both physically and spiritually, into very unfamiliar terrain. William Blake travels to the extreme western frontiers of America sometime in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Lost and badly wounded, he encounters a very odd, outcast Native American, named "Nobody," who believes Blake is actually the dead English poet of the same name. The story, with Nobody's help, leads William Blake through situations that are in turn comical and violent. Contrary to his nature, circumstances transform Blake into a hunted outlaw, a killer, and a man whose physical existence is slowly slipping away. Thrown into a world that is cruel and chaotic, his eyes are opened to the fragility that defines the realm of the living. It is as though he passes through the surface of a mirror, and emerges into a previously-unknown world that exists on the other side.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 11:49:14 AM
i would never have even spotted this!!! you guys are great at spotting thing i think ill be better with the dvd!! :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 01:53:43 PM
Wow guys, thank you all so much for looking into this.

Great connections with William Blake - the writer and "Dead Man". Maybe the name isn't so random after all.  You're really good at this  :D

Funny how just recently we were discussing about Johnny Depp and the possible influence that Michael had on him. And now he's in discussion again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: "iMISSYOUMJ"
This doesn’t seem like a random name, that article you posted has written something about Michael's staging his death.

Really? Sorry I didn't see that? Is it the same article or?... :o  :shock:
No it's not in the same article, I would assume its the same writers or makers if you will. I can't seem to find that article but someone posted that one this forum.

I found the article it was apperently written in 1994 about his faked death.  

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
– MJ

January 06, 2010, 02:12:43 PM
Oh and about Sgt. Blake, the one iMISSYOUMJ linked to, he died on August 1st 2009.
And if we consider this particular Bill Blake to be the one on the gravestone... (for who knows what reasons) that would mean
1. His name was added in post production
2. His name was there on the stone when they filmed it, meaning the filming was done in August?
Ok but we don't have too many reasons to think that Sgt. Blake is the one.So...  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 02:18:22 PM

Oh, I remember this "eerie" article, I also read it on the forums. Thanks for re-posting it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: "itsall4love"

Oh, I remember this "eerie" article, I also read it on the forums. Thanks for re-posting it.

Holy crap!  I've never seen that article before but it's creepy as hell indeed.  Even if the World News is a bogus paper, it's pretty accurate in its prediction...it even says the cover story for the death hoax is a heart attack.

Maybe Michael saw this article back in '94 and decided make that prediction come true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 03:09:03 PM
Dead Man

Date of Release: May 26, 1995

Director and playwright: Jim Jarmusch

Genre: Western

Main artists: Johnny Depp (William Blake), Avital (Thel Russell), Gary Farmer (Nobady), Lance Henriksen (Cole Wilson), Michael Wincott (Conway Twill) and John Hurt (John Scholfield).

Synopsis:

Bill Blake comes in the town of Machine to work in a factory as an accountant; but unfortunately he has come just one month late because of his parents’ death and dealing with their funerals and so he losses the job. At the coming night of his arrival in to town, Bill confronts with a hawker girl and being invited to be with her for the night but the girl's former boy friend (son of Machine's Metal Works Company owner) comes and bill obliged to kill him as self-defense and he himself became wounded. He ran away and at morning waking up he meets Nobody who is an English literate Indian; he calls William Blake the Dead Man as he has name of a dead English poet and also carrying a bullet in his chest. They start a journey to escape from their prosecution(ors), on way they face with different surprising and adventures; these events transforms William Blake into a cold blooded man slaughterer just for his survival. It makes a killing-field which their death is its outcome.

Setting:

Time: the film is set in late 19th century,

Place: in extreme western frontier of America.

Genre: Western, Drama

"It is preferable not to travel with a dead man." Is a quotation from Henri Michaux with which the movie begins, so initially it is obvious that the audiences are going to watch a fully metaphoric movie. William Blake (1757-1827), English poet, painter, and engraver, who created an unusual form of illustrated verse; his poetry, inspired by mystical vision, is among the most original, lyric, and prophetic in the language is name of the main character and Nobody which I think can be a metaphor from American dramatist Arthur Miller’s most renowned work, Death of a Salesman (1949) which tells the story of a traveling salesman, Willy Loman, who experiences frustration and failure as he reflects upon his life, in a scene that Charley (Loman’s friend)speaks over the salesman’s grave start with “Nobody dast blame this man. You don’t understand: Willy was a salesman…” is name of the second man. Both are metaphors seeking and fighting for their identities: Blake has lost his kin and hits the road to west in search of a location where he can ignite a new life. Although it’s asserted in the finishing scripts that it’s a fictional story and no one should be considered as any real character but to a high extend Willy Blake (the dead man) represents the ex-President Andrew Jackson who was a orphan as Billy is and a Dead Man as he had a bullet in his chest too.

Technique of Film:

Dead Man is projected in black and white, which by itself represents the sorrow mood of the story; furthermore it shows that all main characters in the work are white and good or black and villain, there is no gray main character in the story. In 1995 a black and white film can also considered as a dehabitualization and deconstruction after long time color motion pictures (since 1940 & 50s). Dead Man is full of violence and that’s why it got R in rating, it conveys a full sense of bitterness and fright in 19th centaury America.

The music of the film is outstanding; written and performed by Neil Young using an electric guitar, he did solely what the whole blacks and whites did or what had been done in whole black and white.

Figures of Play (rather than speech)

The train seems to move retroversively which might is intended to takes back the audiences to the willing time in the western territories of 19th centaury America. Starting in train Billy Blake understood that people in that land “speak dagger” to innocents; but as it’s a long time since Shakespeare’s Hamlet, they speak and versify in gun. From street to bed and from hate to love all should have gun “because it’s America”. Industrialization also put more wood on fire of brutality as locomotive engineer did in the starting scenes. Another notion which must be considered is tobacco, a healing herb for Indians which has been changed into a smoking grass for whites.

Conclusion

Dead Man talks and shows nothing but a dead value of humanity. It shows that in modern so-called civilized West even a pinto is more valuable than a man (even a white one). Jarmusch’s cinema always shows social problems and issues just as it’s observable in his other work like: Stranger Than Paradise (1984), Down by Law (1986), Mystery Train (1989), Night on Earth (1992), Coffee and Cigarettes: Somewhere in California (1993), Year of the Horse (1997) and Butterfly Man (2005).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 03:24:32 PM

Isn't it strange that this is posted on June 20th 2009??? They posted it again on June 25th.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 03:34:36 PM
@Believe 777
Good observation, didn't notice the date. :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 07, 2010, 08:04:17 AM
Quote from: "Believe 777"

Isn't it strange that this is posted on June 20th 2009??? They posted it again on June 25th.

Could be a coincidence, but who knows. I would not be suprised if Michael leaked info here and there intentionally.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
– MJ

mdc

January 27, 2010, 06:15:17 AM
That article is creeeepy! lol

JMO, I think it could be William Blake. His "Songs of Innocence" and "Songs of Experience" would speak to Michael I think...along with some of his other works.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 07:32:31 AM
@ serenitys dream
interesting eh? Check out "Dead Man" on IDMB Bill Blake is played by Johnny Depp
in short he's on the run and gets help from someone who thinks that "Bill" is actually the writer William Blake. Tagline is interesting too: No one can survive becoming a legend.
Sorry can't copy the link here , am on my daughters new mini PC without a mose and have not figured the  touchpad out yet! But go to IDMB and check it out with the full plot summary
Links to MJ ? Well heard that Johnny Depp would play part of MJ in the eventuality of a film about MJ,    Johnny Depp knew Marlon Brando personally as did MJ, and your piece on William Blake the writer esp that last part .

I have that DVD.. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~ Albert E.

February 01, 2010, 06:14:08 PM
@ serenitys dream
:o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions