Re: Vitiligo-Spots?
January 10, 2010, 06:44:12 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
I dont think heart disease causes swollen ankles?  Maybe swollen from the bite?

Unfortunately, it does...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 05:38:39 AM
Quote from: "Crescendo"
do yall consider it a possibility that (i do not deny Michael having vitiligo) but when he saw what it was doin to his skin he decided to even it out with whatever products to whiten skin? again i'm not saying Michael didn't have vitiligo. I'm just saying maybe he wanted to even it out becuase we've heard that the vitiligo was so bad he was more white than black.

which would be understandable knowing that he is an entertainer and he would need to look his best so he decided to even it all.

I thought that was common knowledge?  :?   They found Benoquin bleaching cream in his bedroom after he "died".  From what I've read, the pigment comes back in some areas, so it makes sense he had to continue to do touch-ups.

I might get flayed for this (please be gentle...I would never think badly of Michael!) but I thought this comment below was kind of interesting, only because we don't truly know anything personally about MJ.  I happen to believe he did have vitiligo but you never know...it is obvious he had some sort of body dysmorphic disorder.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michael Jackson does not have vitiligo. Micheal Jackson HAD what is called “post in flammatory Hyper-pigmentation” as a result of severe adolescent acne. This condition leaves dark spots of pigment on the skin, and is most prominent in blacks. Jackson talks about his spots in many interviews. One treatment for this is bleaching cream usually combined with the acne medication cream Retin-A, which acts as a vehicle to make the bleaching cream penetrate the skin even further. The cream is applied on the face, but not the eyelids, lips and around the nostrils.

This treatment targets the over active melanicites (the cells in the skin that produce pigment) and slowly destroys them. If used properly, for the right amount of time and then discontinued, the spots will disappear and skin tone will be evened out.

I believe he used too much, for too long doing what is called “self-medicating”.

Google pictures of Jackson’s face in his late teens, it is dark brown with spots (when seen without make-up). Around the time of Thriller, his facial skin becomes refined perfectly even, smooth and brighter. You can see this starting in the Motown25 special. Look closely at his face in the movie theater scene of the Thriller video. You will see his cheeks are lighter and smooth, while the color of his nose tip, upper lip and eye lids is darker. This is because he wasn’t using the bleaching creams there. Look at the Beat it video, shot soon after Thriller. There is a scene at the beginning of the video showing him leaning back in bed. You can clearly see that his face looks pink and light compared to his neck, nose, eye lids and upper lip which are still dark brown, his arms are darker too. Check out phots of his recieving his Grammy’s for Thriller, you can start to see thsi too, especially his hands being darker brown than hsi face. This becomes extremely obvious in many other photos of his around this time. Check out the “The Way You Make me Feel” video in the close up of him at the beginning. His face looks almost white except for his eye lids. In the Bad video, his face changes from light yellow to pink from scene to scene, depending on the make up and lighting. I have seen many photos of him on line from the Bad era, with the pattern of coloring described above. In pictures that do not show this it is because he is wearing make up to cover it and probably using a self tanning lotion to cover light spots.

Sometime by the late 80’s or early 90’s he had to make a choice; go through life with a bleached white face and black body, or de-pigment his entire body to match his face. This is what some vitiligo patients do. So Michael Jackson had to litterally bathe in bleaching solution to make his body color match his bleached face.

For all you skeptics, watch the scene in the Martin Bashire interview with Jackson in a Las Vegas hotel, talking about his first sexual experiences and Tatum Oneal. He puts his pink hand up to his white face but his fingernails are still brown! That is because you can’t get bleaching cream under your fingernails, you can see this in many other pictures on line too.

Michael Jackson was the mentally unstable superstar of the world in the 80’s. It is obvious he is into excess, to put it mildly. The insidious thing about overusing bleaching cream is that it takes about 1-1/2 months to see the permanent effect of ‘over-doing’ it because that’s how long it takes for newly created pigment cells to reach the surface of the skin. In other-words, if you over do it, you won’t know right away. What you will think is that you skin is getting better and better looking, then discover you went to far, and it’s too late. Michael Jackson is obviously someone who is into “self-medicating” with plastic surgery, so this makes sense.

When you see Jackson today, wearing that bizarre wig that hangs over the sides of his face, notice that he uses it to shade his face from the sun. That is what his “germ mask” and fedora hats were all about too.

I think the whole Vitiligo explanation was devised by Jackson’s publicists and he is trapped in this tragic lie.

I feel sorry for Jackson for two reasons; One, he inadvertently ruined not only his skin, but his face with plastic surgery (destroyed his nose and has to wear a prosthetic tip, cheek implants, upper lip implant, lower lip and eye lid fat removal, chin cleft and implant, forehead light) He has to live with this everyday. Two, he can’t come clean about this and it is one of the primary reasons he is perceived as odd, reculsive and eccentric. Oh yes, there is a third; When he was black, he built Neverland, the ultimate outdoor fantasy land. As soon as it was complete the turned white and could no longer expose himself to the sun. Oh, there is a fourth; the active ingredient in bleaching cream contain mercury. Too much mercury absorbed into the bloodstream causes insanity…Go figure!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

Crescendo

January 11, 2010, 06:02:14 AM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
do yall consider it a possibility that (i do not deny Michael having vitiligo) but when he saw what it was doin to his skin he decided to even it out with whatever products to whiten skin? again i'm not saying Michael didn't have vitiligo. I'm just saying maybe he wanted to even it out becuase we've heard that the vitiligo was so bad he was more white than black.

which would be understandable knowing that he is an entertainer and he would need to look his best so he decided to even it all.

I thought that was common knowledge?  :?   They found Benoquin bleaching cream in his bedroom after he "died".  From what I've read, the pigment comes back in some areas, so it makes sense he had to continue to do touch-ups.

I might get flayed for this (please be gentle...I would never think badly of Michael!) but I thought this comment below was kind of interesting, only because we don't truly know anything personally about MJ.  I happen to believe he did have vitiligo but you never know...it is obvious he had some sort of body dysmorphic disorder.

Michael Jackson does not have vitiligo. Micheal Jackson HAD what is called “post in flammatory Hyper-pigmentation” as a result of severe adolescent acne. This condition leaves dark spots of pigment on the skin, and is most prominent in blacks. Jackson talks about his spots in many interviews. One treatment for this is bleaching cream usually combined with the acne medication cream Retin-A, which acts as a vehicle to make the bleaching cream penetrate the skin even further. The cream is applied on the face, but not the eyelids, lips and around the nostrils.

This treatment targets the over active melanicites (the cells in the skin that produce pigment) and slowly destroys them. If used properly, for the right amount of time and then discontinued, the spots will disappear and skin tone will be evened out.

I believe he used too much, for too long doing what is called “self-medicating”.

Google pictures of Jackson’s face in his late teens, it is dark brown with spots (when seen without make-up). Around the time of Thriller, his facial skin becomes refined perfectly even, smooth and brighter. You can see this starting in the Motown25 special. Look closely at his face in the movie theater scene of the Thriller video. You will see his cheeks are lighter and smooth, while the color of his nose tip, upper lip and eye lids is darker. This is because he wasn’t using the bleaching creams there. Look at the Beat it video, shot soon after Thriller. There is a scene at the beginning of the video showing him leaning back in bed. You can clearly see that his face looks pink and light compared to his neck, nose, eye lids and upper lip which are still dark brown, his arms are darker too. Check out phots of his recieving his Grammy’s for Thriller, you can start to see thsi too, especially his hands being darker brown than hsi face. This becomes extremely obvious in many other photos of his around this time. Check out the “The Way You Make me Feel” video in the close up of him at the beginning. His face looks almost white except for his eye lids. In the Bad video, his face changes from light yellow to pink from scene to scene, depending on the make up and lighting. I have seen many photos of him on line from the Bad era, with the pattern of coloring described above. In pictures that do not show this it is because he is wearing make up to cover it and probably using a self tanning lotion to cover light spots.

Sometime by the late 80’s or early 90’s he had to make a choice; go through life with a bleached white face and black body, or de-pigment his entire body to match his face. This is what some vitiligo patients do. So Michael Jackson had to litterally bathe in bleaching solution to make his body color match his bleached face.

For all you skeptics, watch the scene in the Martin Bashire interview with Jackson in a Las Vegas hotel, talking about his first sexual experiences and Tatum Oneal. He puts his pink hand up to his white face but his fingernails are still brown! That is because you can’t get bleaching cream under your fingernails, you can see this in many other pictures on line too.

Michael Jackson was the mentally unstable superstar of the world in the 80’s. It is obvious he is into excess, to put it mildly. The insidious thing about overusing bleaching cream is that it takes about 1-1/2 months to see the permanent effect of ‘over-doing’ it because that’s how long it takes for newly created pigment cells to reach the surface of the skin. In other-words, if you over do it, you won’t know right away. What you will think is that you skin is getting better and better looking, then discover you went to far, and it’s too late. Michael Jackson is obviously someone who is into “self-medicating” with plastic surgery, so this makes sense.

When you see Jackson today, wearing that bizarre wig that hangs over the sides of his face, notice that he uses it to shade his face from the sun. That is what his “germ mask” and fedora hats were all about too.

I think the whole Vitiligo explanation was devised by Jackson’s publicists and he is trapped in this tragic lie.

I feel sorry for Jackson for two reasons; One, he inadvertently ruined not only his skin, but his face with plastic surgery (destroyed his nose and has to wear a prosthetic tip, cheek implants, upper lip implant, lower lip and eye lid fat removal, chin cleft and implant, forehead light) He has to live with this everyday. Two, he can’t come clean about this and it is one of the primary reasons he is perceived as odd, reculsive and eccentric. Oh yes, there is a third; When he was black, he built Neverland, the ultimate outdoor fantasy land. As soon as it was complete the turned white and could no longer expose himself to the sun. Oh, there is a fourth; the active ingredient in bleaching cream contain mercury. Too much mercury absorbed into the bloodstream causes insanity…Go figure!

ok so now I'm a little confused about whether he had vitiligo or not. because of the fingernail color point. I don't know. but vitiligo is common so thats why its not so hard to believe that he may have had it. I don't think he would change his color purposely though.

the article though completely disappointed me with the crap about cheek bone implants, eye lid fat removal. OMG please. i dont believe that jive.

I do believe Michael just changed his nose and enhanced the cleft. His eyes, cheeks, chin have always looked the same.

I will have to give this article (up intil that jive about cheek implants, etc) a little bit of thought.

thank you for the article, Iloveumoremj. its food for thought. i just cant really stand the stories about the cheek implants.

seriously the whole family has porky pig cheeks. (no offense to them. its a good feature) i just think Michael changed diffeerent little things like his hair, shape of eyebrows, his weight went up and down, he matured, change in makeup, attitude, etc. all changd so it made it look like he had 100s of surgeries. but i cant believe that. i really think just the nose and cleft changed.

dont get me wrong i do believe Michael and his family have fibbed many times. but this time i think Michael is telling the truth simply becuase of the evidence and analysis of his face.

let me know what yall think
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 09:11:28 AM
I don't believe that his skin pigment was a result of bleaching because why & how would he only bleach in spots(as you see in the pic where he's holding the microphone)?  Your skin is one organ.  Even if you bleach a specific area it may bleed a little into the others.  And why would he bleach his neck?  

Also, even if he *DID* have problems with his face, why would this automatically mean he has to bleach his whole body?!  :?
He was used to wearing make up.  I would only think it would mean he had to keep makeup on his face.

I've seen people who used hydroquinone to lighten their skin(usually to even out old acne scars).  It isn't splotchy like on Michael's hands, arms, chest, and face.  It was mostly even with maybe a few areas lighter than others.  The "bleach" cream, isn't like liquid bleach where if you pour it on a surface, it turns that one spot white and the rest stays the original color.  The chemical works by slowing down the skin's production of pigment.  NOT erasing.  If you use a high concentration for a long period of time, it may(especially when combined with alpha hydroxy acids) help to turn your skin white.  But it wouldn't be patches and splotchy like in MJ's case.

I DO believe, however, that he probably used some medicated cream to lighten the areas that were still brown so they would blend in with the white areas and he could worry less about the makeup.  

By the way, here's a pretty good blog post addressing Michael Jackson & vitiligo with some pics of others who have it - without their makeup:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 03:20:22 PM

poor Michael. Black, white or indifferent he was/is still SO GORGEOUS. 8-)
You are very true Crescendo because the news reporter that has the same skin condition uses a darker makeup to keep his skin brown but the doctors told him that he will have to use the lighter makeup someday so i think once Michael saw the change he said why not to make it even and that most definitely is not a problem and yes he is gorgeous no matter what color he is i will always love him the same :D  :D  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

Crescendo

January 11, 2010, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"

You are very true Crescendo because the news reporter that has the same skin condition uses a darker makeup to keep his skin brown but the doctors told him that he will have to use the lighter makeup someday so i think once Michael saw the change he said why not to make it even and that most definitely is not a problem and yes he is gorgeous no matter what color he is i will always love him the same :D  :D  :D

Seems like the reporter has the exact same situation like Michael. I know there are some people who have vitiligo but not as bad meaning that (like michael) theyre more white than black. or more paler white than white.

I don't think Michael had any reason to change his color. although i know quite a few people personally who arent proud of their color and would like to change it. I just cant so much see Michael like that. i think the only thing he may have been self conscious about was his acne and nose. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY cuz even when he was goin through that stage of blemishes he STILL was a FOXY MAN. He was cute and adorable from day 1 and went to being handsome and foxy at year 18. ;)

lol but in all seriousness I understand some see flaws when others see none.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 13, 2010, 11:39:45 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
more...

I just love the piccies you posted of MJ! He is just sheer perfection! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

January 14, 2010, 04:52:35 PM
:|

Are you guys really discussing whether he has vitiligo or not??  :roll:
Isn't it already obvious. He said so himself.

Michael is not the first person I saw with vitiligo, I've seen what it does to people so I can tell it's vitiligo.
I do think he did tried to even it out with some kind of treatment, wich is really understandable. I would have done the same thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

January 14, 2010, 05:24:20 PM

his vitiligo progressed extremely fast..he know just has a spot on his neck,forhead and some but few on arms..he doesnt really need makeup anymore unless performing...it progress very quickly..but my answer is yes,he could have,but it doesnt matter :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
One Day.....but until then,Thank You.

January 19, 2010, 04:40:21 PM
This is a really sad picture of MJ with vitiligo.   :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 19, 2010, 04:57:06 PM
HE HAD VITILIGO . THE ARTICLE WAS FULL OF RIDICULOUS STUFF MURCURY ABSORPTION .........IRRITATING ....NAIL DISCOLORATION WAS DUE TO VITILIGO . PLEASE DONT DOUBT HIS ILLNESS
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 20, 2010, 01:10:17 PM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
HE HAD VITILIGO . THE ARTICLE WAS FULL OF RIDICULOUS STUFF MURCURY ABSORPTION .........IRRITATING ....NAIL DISCOLORATION WAS DUE TO VITILIGO . PLEASE DONT DOUBT HIS ILLNESS

Or maybe Nail Discolouration due to something else....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 06, 2010, 08:40:00 PM
Prince has vitiligo too, right??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Februray 6, 2010- 1st day on MJHD!!

Scream

February 06, 2010, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: "ClassOf2013"

Yes. There are pictures on YouTube that clearly highlight it's effect on his face.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJsSuperflyPYT

February 06, 2010, 10:41:10 PM
Quote from: "ClassOf2013"

I've seen a few pix and I'm pretty sure he does.  Plus, when the Jack5on reality show was on, I can't be sure because I've not seen any close-ups but, in one episode with Jackie's daughter Brandi, I thought I seen what looked like these same spots on her neck. Idk, it could've been the lighting :?  Does anyone know if any other Jackson family member has this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions