Willy Wonka, Johnny Depp, and Michael Jackson?
January 03, 2010, 03:23:45 PM
Okay, looking at some hoax vids, I came across this.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Now, I'm not totally sure as to what message this person is trying to get at. The person has more vids on the subject and maybe I will watch them while I get more time. Anyway, this vid on the other did get me thinking on some things. I don' t really think that this has anything to do with the hoax persay, but I'm just putting out there if anyone might want to research it futher. Remember the version of the Willy Wonka movie with Johnny Depp? Well, while this movie has recieved a lot of praise, many people complain that this Willy Wonka was not the same as the original. (Of course they are not going to be same)They said that Johhny Depp's version was too twisted. In my opinion, I think the original one was pretty twisted as well, but that is beside the point. Well, most people know that when Johnny takes on a role, he looks to some inspirations of people he admires for the roles. Like when he played Jack Sparrow, he took on the personality of Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones. Many people felt that he took on the personality of Michael Jackson to play Willy Wonka. And Johnny said that Michael was not the inspriation (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) he was never really clear to WHO was his inspiration for that part. Now, IDK about you guys, but when I first saw that movie years ago, I felt that he was acting like Michael Jackson. Anyway, as I dig a little deeper and I found some intresting things. First, as we all know, Michael and Marlon Brando were really good friends. But Marlon had many famous friends. Guess who was one of them? That's right, Johnny Depp. Johnny and Marlon met YEARS ago through another mutal friend and became really close, due to the fact that like Marlon, Johnny wanted to act, but did not want to be famous. Now, does that mean that Michael and Johnny were friends? Well, I won't make any assupmtions about that, but it is my gut feeling that two have met. How can they not meet when they were really, really, good friends with the same person? Also, an article with Brent Ratner (another of one of Michael's friends) he mention that "He says they must've watched the original version of "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" 50 times over the years." (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) So, we know that Michael LOVED that movie, and more than likely, it not too out there to assume that Michael also loved Johnny's version. And last but not least, for awhile, BEFORE Michael "died" there were rumors swirling aroung that Johnny Depp wanted to play Michael in a bio pic about him. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
Well, these rumors died down a bit, until Michael "died." Johnny Depp did address these rumors, and denying that he would or even wanted to play Michael Jackson in any film. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
Now, after all of that, am I saying that Johnny Depp has some part in the hoax? Well, I really have NO CLUE what so ever. However, there are a lot of odd connections between to the two, so I thought I just put it out there. But it is in my gut feeling that two have met. So, what do you think?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Appearently Michael wanted to play the wole of Edward in "Edward Scissorhands", but Johnny was always Tim Burton's first choice.

He then bought the original scissorhands requisite.

And here's an interview with Caroline Thmpson, who wrote the story for Edward Scissorhands and was supposed to write a story for film FOR Michael, where he was going to play, but she didn't speak very nice of him.

Just wanted to add that - so there's a history with Tim Burton/Johnny Depp before Willy Wonka.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

larab

All I know is that Johnny is a Michael fan. and that I love them both but it doesn't really matter lol
and I love his version of willy wonka :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Don't take this the wrong way, but in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(the one Johnny Depp is in) Willy Wonka kinda reminds me of Michael. :oops:  :oops:
I don't mean that disrespectfully.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"
Don't take this the wrong way, but in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(the one Johnny Depp is in) Willy Wonka kinda reminds me of Michael. :oops:  :oops:

Johnny's version of Willy Wonka reminds me of Michael too. Unless you meant that Johnny's version DID NOT remind you of Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp, as well as Michael. I do see similarities between the characters of both Edward Scissorhands and Willy Wonka and Michael.  As far as I'm aware, the two never met (but I could be mistaken). It's interesting that Marlon was a close friend of both of them.

There was an interview with Johnny shortly after Michael's 'death'.  He was very complimentary towards him - I got the feeling that he admires him.  He also described it as a 'horror' that the family had lost a father, a brother and a son.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "rosemariaantigone"

Johnny's version of Willy Wonka reminds me of Michael too. Unless you meant that Johnny's version DID NOT remind you of Michael.

No I mean he does remind me of Michael :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

HE REMINDS ME OF MICHAEL TOO... HOW COULD THIS BE? All from different countries, ages, cultures and we have almost the same feelings about michael... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

haha he reminded me of michael two. i loved that movie. i even have the video game. the oompa loopas in that movie give me the creeps though. lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

larab

Quote from: "kpnuts"
I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp, as well as Michael. I do see similarities between the characters of both Edward Scissorhands and Willy Wonka and Michael.  As far as I'm aware, the two never met (but I could be mistaken). It's interesting that Marlon was a close friend of both of them.

There was an interview with Johnny shortly after Michael's 'death'.  He was very complimentary towards him - I got the feeling that he admires him.  He also described it as a 'horror' that the family had lost a father, a brother and a son.

I'm a big fan too, and I knew they both were very close to Marlon. I never made the connection though :lol:
maybe they met..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

yeah, me too. i even thought, why didn't they let mike play thay role? (especially after seeong him in that ebony mag.) :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

I'd like to slap that ungrateful Thompson woman.. But I agree with you guys, Johnny (who is coincidentally my mom's favorite actor ever!) Wonka is cute and does act like our baby!

Wouldn't Mike look hot as Scissorhandsss?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
I'd like to slap that ungrateful Thompson woman.. But I agree with you guys, Johnny (who is coincidentally my mom's favorite actor ever!) Wonka is cute and does act like our baby!

Wouldn't Mike look hot as Scissorhandsss?

woohoo!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You ain\'t heavy, you\'re my brother.

mykidsmum

when Edward scissor hands first came out I thought of MJ...when I first saw Willi Wonka, I first thought of MJ...I don't think that Johnny is using MJ as who he is as a person, but more of what the public's perception is of him, the persona he has perfected.  He is using the public's love affair with MJ's reclusiveness, public shyness, asexual portrayal, innocence, whimsy, unconventional looks, in the case of Edward scissor hands, the nativity and childlikeness to create these characters.  I have no doubt Johnny saw MJ as an inspiration for playing these roles...MJ is the one who perfected them in the first place...I mean all MJ's friends say that the public MJ and the private MJ are two different personalities...what did MJ say?  Mimickry is the highest form of flattery...(something like that)  MJ has grown up doing what he is doing and he knew what appealed to the public.  Remember what Ortega said about MJ...He is the Best Actor we have known...The only sad thing, Johnny got the credit for the personalities when MJ is the one who created it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

...and did you notice Johnny Depp in the movie "finding Neverland"??? He reminds me also of Michael in this film... hmm...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

......................... /´ /)
......................../¯ ..//
......................./... .//
....................../¯ ..//
...................../... ./ /
............./´¯/\' ...\'/´¯`•¸
........../\'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\\
........(\'(....(...(....... ,~/\'...\')
.........\\.......... ..... ..\\/..../
..........\\...\\.... ..... . _.•´
............\\....... ..... ..(
..............\\..... ..... ...\\
FUCK OFF ALL MJ HATERS!!!