In the discussion about Michael's appearance,and him wanting to be a woman, etc.  the most obvious thing for his appearance and mannerism changes to me is that he was insecure around people.  Most of his time was spent with people like Liz Taylor, Liza Minneli, movie and show people.  He was super sensitive about his appearance and his ability to fit in with the "beautiful people" as he saw them.  I would rather believe that he wanted to blend in with the people he admired and related to most.  He loved theater.  ALL theater people are just that, theatrical.  They are always made up and extremely flamboyant.   And no one in their circles finds them strange in the least.  Michael is a performer, the greatest on stage and off.  I believe in his efforts to feel a part of that elite community of people, he went to some extremes (and he is still beautiful, what ever) to look the part, not in an effort to be somebody else but to just fit in, feel comfortable and accepted. Even though it was not necessary, his lack of confidence in himself could had led him to think that way.  He saw how loved they were.  He wanted that love too.  Can you imagine being in the company of Liza Minelli and Liz Taylor much of the time clean faced :lol:   Even though I don't go for make up even at my old age, believe me, if I were around a bunch of people who dressed and made up like that for a great deal of my time, I would certainly consider donning a pair of false eyelashes.  And some of their mannerisms would no doubt make the way into my way of expression.  It just happens.  Call it guilt by association.  I just think his obvious insecurity about his looks (still puzzles me to this day) led him to do some things that he thought was in his best interest.  However, due to the massive amount of scrutiny surrounding Anything and Everything he did, it was just more fuel to the media fire.  He just wanted to fit in and be accepted and be loved and be respected like everybody else in his world. It wouldn't surprise me one bitif one of those divas didn't say tohim a few time, "Michael, darling, put a wee little bit of blush on.  That would be absolutely Gorgeous and Divine :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

So well written! I totally understand what you're saying! It all makes sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know that L.O.V.E. survives, so we can rock forever on."

"Just because it’s in print doesn’t mean it’s the gospel."

I think the make-up evolved because of his Vitiligo.. if you look at pics on Thriller and Off the Wall he didnt wear the base foundation.

Also i think the finger plasters and arm things he wore were also a result of the vitiligo.. and when he started wearing the base he then needed to define his eyes and lips and it went from there.

The hats came from the fact he burnt his head in the Pepsi advert.

I actually dont think he purposedly set out in life to wear makeup and hats and things... it was a result of his life circumstance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

See

I understand where you are coming from and it totally makes sence. But I always thought that Michael was a perfectionis and that he wanted to be in control about everything around him even of his own body... The perfectionist that he was, nothing seems to good enough... also his artistic side played a huge part in that.
Michael was just to diffucult of a person to be understood, too much layers you would have to dig through. Man I would really want to plug his mind on to a TV screen just to understand how his mind works or what he is thinking about LOL...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm not only referring to his makeup, but the structural changes of his face too.  I agree the makeup started with the vitiligo, but he went a bit further in my opinion.  But not intending that it be a negative thing.  He was a visual person.  He loved beauty and color and shiny and sparkly.  His imagination was endless.  Seeing how his fans accepted him and obviously loved what he was doing, his chameleon, gave him the needed boost to continue.  The more confident he became, the more aggressively creative his performances got.  And they were HOT. HOT. HOT!  Personally, I have NADA complaints.  Gold pants to White jeans 8-) Gotta love 'em ALL!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions