Happy new year everybody!!!!!

:D

I just found this news (if already posted, please Admins feel free to delete).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Côte d’Ivoire - Culture

2010 Kora awards will be African tribute to Michael Jackson
APA-Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire)

samedi 26 décembre 2009, par daj

The 2010 Kora awards to be held on 4 April in Ouagadougou, the Burkinabe capital will be a tribute of Africans to the pop star Michael Jackson who died in June, the chairman of the organizing committee of this cultural event, Ernest Coovi Adjovi told APA.

Famous American artists are also expected to take part in this celebration, because, explained Mr. Adjovi “without any American artist many people will not attend.”

« The 2010 kora awards to take place in Ouagadougou will pay a tribute to Michael Jackson. As we did in Benin for another lady Miriam Makeba to whom we paid homage during a big concert in Cotonou because she is a lady who honored and supported us, continued Mr. Adjovi.

“This is the time for us to show that we have respect and that we are not here to show artists’ performances but to promote them” he concluded.
Another one citing Janet

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ench/8248/

Kora Award 2010: Janet jackson pourrait venir..
Saturday, 26.12.2009, 12:13am (GMT+1)

Les Kora auront lieu le 4 avril 2010, au palais des sports de Ouagadougou. Les organisateurs ont animé une conférence de presse, le jeudi 10 décembre 2009, pour expliquer ce nouveau report.Janet JacksonC'est en présence du ministre de la Culture, du Tourisme et de la Communication, Filippe Savadogo, et de son homologue ivoirien en charge de l'Artisanat et du Tourisme, Sidiki Konaté, que la nouvelle date des Kora a été annoncée. Initialement prévus pour le 20 Décembre 2009, les trophées de la musique africaine sont reportés au 4 avril 2010 au palais des sports de Ouagadougou. Aux sceptiques, le promoteur, Ernest Adjovi, a martelé que "les Kora auront bel et bien lieu le 4 avril 2010". Pour lui, il s'agit de montrer une Afrique qui gagne à partir de Ouagadougou. M. Adjovi a également souligné que les reports n'incombent pas au comité d'organisation ni aux artistes. Ce nouveau renvoi, a-t-il expliqué, a été souhaité par le Président du Faso, Blaise Compaoré, copatron de l'évènement avec le président ivoirien, Laurent Gbagbo, et par les sponsors à cause des inondations du 1er septembre 2009. Le ministre Sidiki Konaté a annoncé que le lancement officiel des Kora aura lieu le 20 décembre 2009 à Abidjan, dénommé "Nuit des stars Kora".L'évènement se déroulera sous le co-patronage des deux Premiers ministres, Tertius Zongo et Guillaume Soro. L'objectif est de consolider les liens de fraternité et de paix entre les peuples burkinabè et ivoirien. Pour le ministre Filippe Savadogo, tout est fin prêt pour ce grand évènement. "Le coeur du monde sera au Burkina Faso le 4 avril 2010", a-t-il dit. Un hommage africain à Mickael Jackson La cérémonie du 4 avril 2010 au palais des sports de Ouagadougou se veut être, selon le promoteur des Kora, un hommage africain au roi de la pop music, Mickael Jackson. Janet Jackson pourrait être, selon M. Adjovi, à Ouagadougou, pour recevoir au nom de la famille Jackson, les condoléances de l'Afrique.

Here is my summary in English for any of you who don't speak French; I marked in bold some of the most interesting parts, in my opinion:

KORA AWARD 2010: Janet Jackson may be there

Kora awards 2010 will be held on April 32010 at Ouagadougou Sports Palace, organizers announced during a press conference on Dec. 10 1009. Originally planned for december 20, the African music awards are now set for April 4, 2010. To the skepticals, the promoter Ernest Adjovi has repeated that "Kora awards will definitely be held on April 4, 2010. He also explained that previous cancellations did not depend on organizing committee nor on artists. This new postponement, he explained, was asked by the President of Faso, Bkaise Compaoré, and by the sponsors because of floods occured on Sept. 1st.
According to the Minister Filippe Savadogo, everything is ready for this great event. "The heart of the world will be in Burkina Faso on Apr. 4th , he said. The ceremony is meant to be an african tribute to the King of Pop Michael Jackson. Janet Jackson may be there to receive the condolences of Africa.

Any thoughts???  :?:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
That\'s a chance I\'ll take, Heaven can wait...

I am just wondering if the date is significant,  Easter falls on 4 April 2010 , Dr Martin Luther King Jr died on 4 April 1968, so could this be of significance with "The Greatest demonstration of Freedom"? :o

Opinions?

:roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Joe's Africa symbol necklace and Marlon's hotel plans he is working on in Africa very interesting and around Easter or Spring
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoriCStone

Joe's Africa symbol necklace and Marlon's hotel plans he is working on in Africa very interesting and around Easter or Spring

I think this Africa tribute could be and interesting clue.  As mentioned before, Michael loved Africa, and wanted to buy a home there.  I guess I will have to wait to see what happens.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

When I happened to read the news this morning, I thought that planning a new tribute in Africa has to mean something...
I'm not suggesting it is going to be the Bamsday, but I really hope that The heart of the world will be in Burkina Faso on Apr. 4th.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
That\'s a chance I\'ll take, Heaven can wait...

Yes, Easter Sunday is April the 4th in 2010 and it's also called Resurrection Day or Resurreaction Sunday  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OMG that is great news!!! out off all the days they do it on easter sunday,,,they need to televise it all around the world so we can see it :(....and look for more clues
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sounds good. I hope there will be a bamsday - however...... two good things: February the DVD and April we will see  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
* Smile though your heart is aching *

Well this is great news and isn't this the day after Paris's b-day(I think her b-day is April 3rd if im not mistaken) and I really hope Michael comesback but if he doesn't then well at least more clues plzzz :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

mehere

Quote from: "darkchild"
LoriCStone

I think this Africa tribute could be and interesting clue.  As mentioned before, Michael loved Africa, and wanted to buy a home there.  I guess I will have to wait to see what happens.

Agree.  I am wondering who started the Africa project.  My guess is Michael since he has the pull and then let Marlon run with it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mmmmmm, I will like to go!!!Im not so far, maybe!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions