ChanceTopic starter

Could there be more to MJ and Cat Stevens?
December 30, 2009, 08:56:25 PM
Michael Joseph Jackson .. Michael Joe Jackson or Mikaeel Jackson?

DUBAI (AlArabiya.net)
Troubled U.S. star Michael Jackson has converted to Islam and changed his name to Mikaeel, press reports said Friday.

A conversion ceremony was held at a Los Angeles mansion where Jackson was seen wearing 'Islamic garb' and declaring his new faith, British tabloid The Sun quoted an unnamed source as saying.

Jackson reportedly took the shahada—the Islamic declaration of belief—and became a Muslim, just days before he was due in a London court where he is being sued by a Bahraini prince.

The paper reported that British singer Yousef Islam—previously known as Cat Stevens before he famously became a Muslim—was also at the ceremony held at the Hollywood Hills home of Toto keyboard player Steve Porcaro, 51, who composed music on Jackson's Thriller album.

Jackson's new name is reportedly Mikaeel after he rejected the name Mustafa, the paper said, adding the decision to convert came about as Jackson was recording a new album.

The former 'King of Pop'—who has been accused and acquitted of child molestation—is back in court after Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad al-Khalifa, the second son of the king of Bahrain, accused Jackson of owing him $7 million and said the star breached an agreement to record a new album.

If this is true.. could Mikaeel be Michael's legal name now?  and odd.. we just listened to Cat's song about Michael .. weird
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

Re: Could there be more to MJ and Cat Stevens?
December 30, 2009, 09:03:10 PM
forgot to say that this is from November 21, 2008, seven months before his "death"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 30, 2009, 09:13:13 PM
What song by Cat Stevens?
Can you post a link?
I'd like to hear it.   :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 30, 2009, 09:16:57 PM
someone posted it a couple of days ago .. let me take a look ... one sec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 30, 2009, 09:18:35 PM
Here you go!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 30, 2009, 09:20:45 PM
THANK YOU!   :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChanceTopic starter

December 30, 2009, 09:46:33 PM
I am doing a little more digging..  I wonder if it's possible that cat had some influence over Michael ..

Suddenly there came the big music boom of Merseyside and the Beatles - British Pop had arrived. Gravity had shifted; it was now in U.K. Suddenly there was a big window of opportunity for us youngsters. So I picked up a guitar, chose the name Cat Stevens, and started writing. It wasn't long before I had my first couple of hit records; my name and photo was splashed all over the media and I was on the road - at the grand old age of eighteen! I was now supposed to be one of the glamorous elite, cheerfully enjoying the ‘high life’. The public expected me to live up to this image so resorting to intoxicants was the only way for me to overcome my insecurity and shyness. I seriously lost control: staying up late, drinking, partying, smoking endless cigarettes. Within a year I found myself in hospital lying on my back sick with Tuberculosis. The pop business was whizzing past me and I was left there to think: 'What happened?'

Soon I became aware of my own mortality and the inevitability of death. Lying there, in a Sussex hospital deep in the country, surrounded by doctors, a lot of important questions came into my mind. That was a very important stage of my life. At that time there was a great interest in things eastern, things transcendental: so I turned towards Peace and Flower Power. Somebody had given me a copy of a Buddhist book called 'The Secret Path'. That was the beginning of my ardent search for answers - clear answers, about the meaning of our existence and where it was all leading.

I started meditating; and so the centre of the universe at that time was levitating somewhere around the proximity of my belly button. I covered all the mirrors in my hospital room with paper and tried to forget the outwardness of this world and focus on my inner self. It wasn’t long before I had grown a beard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 30, 2009, 10:25:57 PM
That is interesting.

What little I've seen of Cat Stevens/Yusef Islam, he seems to be a nice guy with his head on straight.
That would probably be a welcome change compared to many of the people Michael seemed to be surrounded with most of the time.

Did you find if he ever said anything about MJ?
Meeting him or anything?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mehere

December 30, 2009, 11:07:15 PM
Here's what Cat...Yusuf wrote on Facebook June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson's Death
 Friday, June 26, 2009 at 2:39am
Following yesterday's tragic news of the death of Michael Jackson, Yusuf, writing from Los Angeles, sent the following message:

"It's always inevitable, but a shock when death comes. With Michael, it seems to me even more shocking, and I feel very sad. He seemed to have the heart of a child, though he was a giant of a musician. The moment I heard he had been taken to hospital, the worst was anticipated. I hope he finally worked out his purpose in life, before he left it. I just discovered his middle name was Joseph. He'll be missed."

Yusuf
====
Then there was a Youtube video stating MJ converted to Islam with Cat in attendance.
Then there was a post by Cat on his official website that said the conversion didn't happen nor was he there.

Sounds like it's an entire story in itself.

And here are all his posts from his official website regarding MJJ.

Following the sad death of Michael Jackson, Yusuf has entered the studio to record a song in tribute to the legendary singer. The track was recorded with the help of the band

Yusuf Records Jackson Tribute Song
They cried, they cried The day that Michael Jackson died, They wept and wiped their eyes. They said, they said He can’t be dead, But no-one could, bring him back again They said, they…

He's Gone
Contrary to persistent press rumours, I was not at any kind of conversion ceremony for Michael Jackson. Nor, I believe, was Dawud Wharnsby or any of the others mentioned in connection…

Did Yusuf Help Jackson Become Muslim?
Following yesterday’s tragic news of the death of Michael Jackson, Yusuf, writing from Los Angeles, sent the following message: “It’s always inevitable, but a shock when death comes.…

Michael Jackson's Death
Following the news that Yusuf has recorded a tribute song for Michael Jackson we are pleased to announce that the track will be available in the

Jackson Track Available Tomorrow
Following on from the news that Yusuf has recorded a tribute song for Michael Jackson we are pleased to announce that the song, entitled ‘He’s Gone’, is now available to registered…

Jackson Tribute Track Available Now
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Crescendo

December 31, 2009, 04:19:48 AM
I don't get it. No one says he converted. Only the tabloids report that he did.
Even Jermaine said Michael didn't convert.

which is it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 31, 2009, 04:27:48 AM
The paper reported that British singer Yousef Islam—previously known as Cat Stevens before he famously became a Muslim—was also at the ceremony held at the Hollywood Hills home of Toto keyboard player Steve Porcaro, 51, who composed music on Jackson's Thriller album.

This is a BS article as CAT STEVENS was BANNED from being in the USA so how could he have been at the ceremony?????
As a MJ and Cat fan for many years i remember all of this when it went down... BTW The SUN newspaper is not a reliable source..Im not saying they had no contact just that Cat would not be in USA at a ceremony.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everyday creates your HIStory.........
Everypath you take your leaving your legacy.......

ChanceTopic starter

December 31, 2009, 10:53:38 AM
If Cat claims he wasn't there I believe him .. but that does not mean that Cat and Michael didn't have a friendship .. there must have been something for him to write a tribute song to MJ.. and even if Michael didn't convert that does not mean he wasn't studying or interested in the path that Cat took.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions