trubluTopic starter

THE actor who brought Freddie Mercury back to life on the big screen is now tipped to play Michael Jackson.

Rami Malek is among the favourites to land a Golden Globe tonight and an Oscar next month for his portrayal of the Queen frontman.

His movie Bohemian Rhapsody has already become the highest earning music biopic in history, taking more than £565million so far.

And it has received such rave reviews that Jackson’s family are insisting Rami plays the Thriller star in a new film.

A draft of the movie has been penned, reportedly with the approval of Jackson’s estate.

It is being offered to the highest bidder among the major studios.

Now the family wants Rami to complete the picture by leading the cast.

A source close to Michael’s mother Katherine Jackson, now 88, said: “She has long dreamed of a movie being made that really captures her most famous son and was completely enthralled by Rami.

“Her sons Tito and Jermaine managed to get an early copy of Bohemian Rhapsody and they played it for Katherine in the screening room at her home.

“She didn’t care too much for the story of Freddie Mercury’s life, but she was completely charmed by Rami. She feels he has that same childlike quality Michael always possessed.”

The other former Jackson 5 members Marlon and Jackie agree that Rami, 37, who is the son of Egyptian immigrants to the US, could handle playing Michael.

The King of Pop’s singing sisters Janet, La Toya and Rebbie are also on board, according to the family friend, as are his children Michael Jr, 21, Paris, 20, and Prince Michael Jackson II, 16, also known as Blanket.

The pal added: “I’m surprised none of Michael’s own kids has raised any objection yet. They’re usually the first to complain if they think any project might even slightly tarnish their father’s legacy.”

A Hollywood expert said: “Whichever studio wins the rights to an authorised Michael Jackson biopic will be hoping the executors of his estate will plough in tens of millions, maybe more, as co-producers.

“This will mean a sizeable share of profits will eventually go back to the estate.

“It will also mean the film will almost certainly play down every negative aspect of Michael’s life, from his child molestation trial to near-bankruptcy.

“But that isn’t going to bother Michael’s fans around the world – any more than it bothered viewers of Bohemian Rhapsody that the film quickly glossed over Freddie Mercury’s agonising death from AIDS.”

Malek’s performance as Mercury has earned him a best actor nomination at tonight’s Golden Globes.

Bohemian Rhapsody is among the contenders for best motion picture.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Retro

Oh, no... Again...?  :Angry: :Scared:

The pal added: “I’m surprised none of Michael’s own kids has raised any objection yet. They’re usually the first to complain if they think any project might even slightly tarnish their father’s legacy.”

I'm surprised too...
Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:27:47 PM by Retro
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

I'm surprised no one has called the guy "too white" yet. I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet, I will have to watch it. I think someone should first write an honest and true book about Michael to base any film of. And I mean a real HONEST book. Michael as he really is, not what the public saw. I'd love to read that. I'd actually love to write it as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Retro

"Too white"? It's nothing. But his face, his eyes... E.Casanova would be better.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

"Too white"? It's nothing. But his face, his eyes... E.Casanova would be better.

Yeah, but E'cas will have to hit the treadmill then, haha! He looks like he's enjoying life these days.

Aphrodite's book is awesome, but it only covers the trial. There is much more than just that to write about Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Retro

Yeah, but E'cas will have to hit the treadmill then, haha! He looks like he's enjoying life these days.
:Laughing: Ok, so maybe Sergio (Sergio, right?) or... idk...someone else  :Big-Grin:

Aphrodite's book is awesome, but it only covers the trial. There is much more than just that to write about Michael.
His biography? Jermaine's obook, "My friend, Michael"...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

No, there is more about him than we can find in those books. Is there an authorized biography? Not that I'm aware of.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Retro

My mistake. I mean his autobiography... Actually, I wouldn't want to know everything about him...  :Winking:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Oh God no, not EVERYTHING! 😂😂🤣🤣
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trubluTopic starter

I should have said when I posted that we should keep in mind that it's The Daily Star, which is in an even lower league than The Sun. Also I've not seen it repirted elsewhere yet so we'll see I guess.

Regarding books about MJ, did anyone read Moonwalker? I bought a copy off Amazon and the effing thing is in German lol.

Was it ghost written?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Retro

Regarding books about MJ, did anyone read Moonwalker? I bought a copy off Amazon and the effing thing is in German lol.
It is difficult to find this book. All copies of "Moonwalker" are not new :Crying2:  :Crying:

Was it ghost written?
You know MJ, who knows... :Winking: :Dont-tell-Anyone:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions