trubluTopic starter

So I posted this in the general discussion section because I am not entirely sure if this related to the hoax or not. After reading Souza's theory about "The calm before the storm" I thought this might be something interesting to discuss but it also goes in a separate direction, and so didn't think it should be posted in that same thread. Please move if appropriate.

I have been following what's going on with Elon Musk for a while now. For those who don't know, Elon Musk is the CEO and founder  of Tesla and the lead designer of SpaceX.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Elon is a controversial figure and has been in the news a lot recently and is currently being sued by the diver who rescued the kids that were trapped in the that cave, because Elon tweeted that he believes that the diver is a child rapist. I have no idea if it is true or not, but Elon seems determined on exposing pedophile rings. There was a lot of backlash against him, Musk built and developed a submarine in  attempt to help the mission to save the children trapped in the cave but he was criticised as using it for a publicity stunt.

He's now being sued by the diver he accused of being a pedophile (not surprising) and Tesla is under investigation by the US justice department  for some other tweets he made about the company and wanting to make the company private.

While ALL of this is currently going on, we learn yesterday that a Japanese billionaire called Yusaku Maezawa will be the first person to take the SpaceX voyage around the moon  in 2023. (Elon Musk is the lead designer for SpaceX).

Yusaku is a big MJ fan.

"Maezawa says he was inspired by imagining what his favorite artists would have created if they had traveled to space. “What if Picasso had gone to the Moon? Or Andy Warhol or Michael Jackson or John Lennon?” he asked at the event. “What about Coco Chanel? These are all artists that I adore.”

Interestingly, Yusaku is going to be taking 8 artists with him to space.

"I choose to go to the Moon, with artists.
If Pablo Picasso had been able to see the moon up-close,
what kind of paintings would he have drawn?
If John Lennon could have seen the curvature of the Earth,
what kind of songs would he have written?
If they had gone to space, how would the world have looked today?
People are creative and have a great imagination.
We all have the ability to dream dreams that have never been dreamt, to sing songs that have never been sung, to paint that which has never been seen before.
I hope that this project will inspire the dreamer within each of us.
Together with Earth's top artists, I will be heading to the moon... just a little earlier than everyone else.
I am truly blessed by this opportunity to become Host Curator of "#dearMoon".
I would like to thank Elon Musk and SpaceX for creating the opportunity to go around the moon in their BFR. I would also like to thank all those who have continuously supported me.
I vouch to make this project a success. Stay tuned!"

We all know that Michael is famous for The Moonwalk, among other things, he also apparently according to Uri Geller, wanted to be the first pop star to visit the moon:

"Michael adored the concept of space travel — even his trademark dance was called the Moonwalk. And when the prospect of a rocket voyage to the moon itself became a brief, tantalising reality, Michael was like a rich kid in a sweet shop — he wanted it all and he wanted it now.

“I have an answerphone message, recorded at about 3am, with Michael’s whisper barely audible above the transatlantic crackle: ‘Uri Geller, this is Michael Jackson calling. Please, I wish, I pray that we do the moon trip. I want to be the first one to do it in the pop world. All these people are trying to do it, I want to be first! Please! I love you.’'

(Paris also seems just as obsessed with space as her dad!)

All of this to say, I'm not sure what any of this is about, and if it relates to the hoax at all, but I find it very interesting, and I will be keeping an eye on it.

Random:
Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:55:15 PM by trublu
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions