DebletTopic starter

Hello...
August 09, 2018, 01:36:13 PM
Like many, I have been a fan of MJ since a very young age, grew up listening to the Thriller album on vinyl. My sister, seven years older than me was gifted Thriller, Christmas 1982 and was of course repeatedly played. It was from the age of two, that my fascination with Michael Jackson began and to this day remains strong. I remember being fixated to the TV whilst watching him perform to thousands of people during he's Bad World Tour, again Dangerous World Tour and wished I could've been there. But, the realisation even at that age, my living room was probably the closest I was ever going to get.

My first CD I ever purchased was from Woolworths in 1987 with the pocket money I started to receive weekly. I remember browsing the isle and picking up The Best of Michael Jackson, with a teenaged MJ on the front cover holding a white dove, this was a pinnacle moment in my life and will never forget the feeling of purchasing an album of my choosing and most of all a Michael Jackson album.

My album collection has some what expanded now, but you cannot measure ones love for an artist just by how many albums they have in their collection. You don't have to be a fan and attend every concert or follow an artists highs and lows throughout their career. You just have to experience the magic and wonder and to know that this very talented and special person created music for others to listen to, to educate on the worlds troubles and to learn the message to love one another, no matter what colour or creed.

That year we received Bad and the few years following Dangerous for Christmas presents. Receiving an vinyl album would've been classed as a filler present to some, but to me these albums meant much much more. MJ's music inspired me in many ways and my love for music and singing grew, although I have never ventured into making a profession from it, I was a very timid child  in the company of other people.

As time passed and I went through adolescent-hood, things got rather tough what with family feuds, school bullying and family members passing away. Michael's music got me through some really difficult moments and this gave me hope.

I had met my now husband in 1998, which up until then I thought would never happen, having been through so much pain of rejection and loss. I'd always thought I would be a spinster and be alone for the rest of my life. It was then I experience love for the first time and was and still is the happiest moment of my life, well that and much later on, bringing two beautiful children into this world.

In 2006 I lost my mum to Cancer and in the hope that she would be around to see my husband and I get married, we planned for a May wedding... My mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer in March 2005 and was only given 6 weeks to live and against all odds battled and received chemo with the intention to have surgery to remove the remaining tumours. But, due to delay after delay, we lost mum January 2006, 4 months before we were to tie the knot. Again a very dark and depressing moment of my life which MJ got me through.

The announcement of MJ's 'This Is It' performance at the O2 in London, oh my goodness the emotions of 'am actually going to be able to see MJ live'... I was ecstatic and giddy with excitement. But unfortunately for me the day the tickets went on sale my husband and I was moving into our 3rd house and I never got to purchase, by the time I logged on they were sold out. Devastated.

MJ's passing... Shock and in tears... I remember the day well. I was unaware of what was unfolding on 25th June at Carolwood Drive, as I was up and getting ready for work. I got in the car like any other day and turned on the radio to news reports. They announced that Michael had suffered a heart attack and was rushed to hospital and presumed dead. My heart instantly sunk. There are no words that could explain the emotions that were coursing through my body. I was a wreck, so much so I couldn't see through the tears and had to pull over on the hard shoulder to compose myself. Like many others, I was in a state of shock, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Had the media once again blown things out of proportion and once again started rumours, like they had many times before. I rubbed away the tears and determined to find out the truth, proceeded to work and researched as much as I could.

25th of June has got to be one of the worst day ever... not only did we loose the greatest artist of all time, but I had lost someone who had got me through life's ups and downs and this hit me hard. It was as if I had lost another family member. MJ's presence will always be with us, through song and dance, in our hearts and mind. Michael Jackson has left an everlasting impression in so many different ways, to so many different people.

He may have gone too soon, but he's music and dance will be with us forever, Michael Jackson is eternal and lives on inspiring others around the world, through he's children and other family members. It's now down to us to keep he's legacy going and MJ Community Alive! after all, we have the same passion.
#Believe
Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:46:12 PM by Deblet
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation. ~Michael Jackson.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
Re: Hello...
August 09, 2018, 03:28:07 PM
Hello Deblet, nice to meet you! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DebletTopic starter

August 10, 2018, 03:25:41 AM
Hi SimPattyK, you too....  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation. ~Michael Jackson.

~Souza~

August 10, 2018, 11:00:00 AM
Great to see you here Deb!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DebletTopic starter

August 11, 2018, 04:42:31 AM
Ahhhh... thanks Souza, it’s great to be here. 😃
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 25, 2018, 01:29:28 PM
I miss Woolworths almost as much as I miss MJ! Welcome to the site :)
Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:40:32 PM by strangerinmoscow12
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions