~Souza~Topic starter

I was searching through old TMZ articles and bumped on this one:

Michael Jackson's Executors -- Pay Us Now!
12/15/2009 9:47 PM PST

Michael Jackson's estate has not paid the Special Administrators a penny, but the day has now come -- at least according to new court docs filed by John Branca and John McClain.

The two men -- now officially the Executors of Michael Jackson's estate, are asking for 70% of the fees they have earned, pending court approval of the full amount.

The papers do not specify the amount Branca and McClain want. They do say that they want the statutory amount of executor fees for the first $25 million of the estate -- that fee comes to $188,000. But the estate is valued far in excess of $25 mil and the two Executors would be entitled to a portion of that as well. In addition, Branca and McClain also want fees "for their extraordinary services," though that amount is not specified.

According to the new documents, fees some of the law firms connected with the estate are asking for are huge. For example, the law firm of Greenberg Traurig wants $1,547,064.50. The firm of Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker wants $957,644. The firm of Kinsella, Weitzman, Iser, Kump & Aldisert wants $420,062.50.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now maybe I misread something or I simply don't understand how it works but it seems weird that Branca and McClain, who supposedly manage the estate's money, have to file court documents to pay... themselves?

Who gets this and could explain?
Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:26:09 AM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

This is what I found in the probate case for that date:

12/15/2009 Order (SHORTENING TIME FOR NOTICE Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Branca, John, Petitioner Filed By: McClain, John, Petitioner )
12/15/2009 Ex Parte - Application (Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Branca, John, Petitioner Filed By: McClain, John, Petitioner )
12/15/2009 Petition - Allowance of Fees (Judgment by Court-Petition Granted After Trial - Uncontested 1st Hearing Date: 03/11/2010 Repres By: IN PRO PER, Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Hoffman, Paul Gordon, Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Complaint Num: 19 )
12/15/2009 Probate - Other (Judgment by Court-Petition Granted Supervisory Order 1st Hearing Date: 01/04/2010 Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Branca, John, Petitioner Filed By: McClain, John, Petitioner Complaint Num: 18 )
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, case number: BP117321
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions