Katherine Jackson loses appeal today
January 30, 2015, 05:43:02 PM
Katherine Jackson has lost her appeal against AEG Live.

California's Court of Appeals today affirmed a jury's 2013 judgment in Jackson's wrongful death suit and awarded AEG costs on appeal.

"Today in a strongly worded opinion, the California Court of Appeal agreed with what a unanimous jury found: AEG was in no way responsible for the tragic death of Michael Jackson?," AEG Attorney Marvin Putnam told ABC News in a statement.

Katherine Jackson and her three grandchildren, Prince, Paris, and Blanket, sued AEG Live in 2010, claiming the company was negligent in hiring the King of Pop's doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray.

AEG Live Not Liable for Michael Jackson's Death, Jury Rules

Why Katherine Jackson Is Happy About the AEG Live Victory

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 for administering a fatal dose of propofol to the singer two years before.

However, the court wrote, "We agree with the trial court that Dr. Murray was an independent contractor as a matter of law."

"The evidence fails to establish a triable issue that AEG had the right to control the manner and means of Dr. Murray's treatment of Michael," the opinion continued. "AEG never instructed Dr. Murray on how to treat Michael, and no evidence was presented that AEG had the right to control Dr. Murray's treatment of Michael."

An attorney for the Jackson family did not immediately comment on the appeal.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well, tbh, I am not surprised in the least. I wonder if there was ever even a real court proceeding on this to begin with?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Katherine Jackson loses appeal today
January 31, 2015, 12:49:33 PM
I believe both trials were real; I have a hard time understanding if they were a show for everyone.

Time, energy and lots of money went into the trials and if not real why have them?

We know Michael is alive which then goes back to why was this planned the way it was? The way it was set up (Murray supposedly killing Michael) would only lead to his trial and the wrongful death trial.

I went back and looked at the link that is included in this article titled Why Katherine Jackson Is Happy About the AEG Live Victory

Why Katherine Jackson Is Happy About the AEG Live Victory

Oct. 3, 2013

By LESLEY MESSER

Lesley Messer More from Lesley ยป

via Good Morning America

Although a jury ruled in favor of AEG Live in Michael Jackson's family's wrongful death lawsuit against the concert promoter, the singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, 83, still has reason to feel good about the outcome.

"AEG has denied for years, and continues to deny, that they hired Dr. Conrad Murray. The jury found unanimously that AEG hired Dr. Murray," Jackson said in a statement.

"We have said from the beginning that this case was a search for the truth. We found the truth. AEG hired Dr. Conrad Murray, the man who is in jail for killing Michael Jackson."

So if Katherine was happy that the truth was found (AEG hired Murray) why was there an appeal of the verdict?

And I find odd how Katherine uses these words: AEG has denied for years.

At the time of the AEG trial it was 4 years since Michael passed. When I first read AEG has denied for years, I assume at least 10 years being what would be construed as 'denied for years', not 4 years.

I have always believed AEG represents someone and they were the ones on trial.

Was the AEG trial the 4 years to get it right? If AEG did represent 'they', was the trial about Michael's past? To correct the wrongs? Because that seems to be what the AEG trial showed.

Love you Michael!

Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:54:06 PM by iamhere4mj
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Katherine Jackson loses appeal today
February 03, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
I think the whole thing is odd. Sometimes I wonder what role Katherine plays.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions