EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
  • Hear Virtue in Call to Prayer
Empire News article
October 25, 2014, 11:58:58 PM
I do not endorse the article. Just posting it for review.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Excerpt below...

"So now, conspiracy theorists have one more plot to debunk, add to, or pick apart.  In a recent posting, MJtruthcaptainBob said, “The truth is out there and we, the world’s greatest fans of Michael Jackson will work hard to expose it.  We owe it to the greatest entertainer in the world.  He never gave up on us, and we will never give up on him,” he added."

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:08:42 AM by Echo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It’s a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the Creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favor to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man. It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art ... And then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him". - W. Snipes

Re: Empire News article
October 26, 2014, 01:24:39 AM
I read on Wikipedia that Empire News had been merged with News of the World back in 1960.  So, I feel this is just another tabloid story.  However, I find the connection to News of the World interesting.  Because News of the World re-posted a 1994 article that MJ would fake his death back on June 20, 2009.

Perhaps they are trying to tell us something again?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 26, 2014, 01:28:04 AM
Oops, I was mistaken. It was Weekly World News that had posted the MJ faked death article in 2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

October 26, 2014, 02:46:01 AM
About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

All contributors are responsible for the content of their own material in respect to (but not limited to) copyright, libel and defamation.

The content of this web-site (graphics, text and other elements) is © Copyright 2014 Empire News LLC and may not be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher.

Empire News and the Empire News social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are not intended for people under 18 years of age.

If you are aware of any copyright infringement or have any other queries or complaints, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and, where necessary, correct the problem. Please accept our apologies in advance on behalf of any contribution which has offended.

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:48:26 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 26, 2014, 02:50:38 AM
Also, this article was posted on October 13.  This could be connected to Nelson de la Nuez' mysterious tweet over the summer 'LV 13 10 56'. I think some of us speculated that the numbers 13 and 10 represent October 13th.

BTW, I'm  going to share some information/connections I found about an event that occurred in Vegas on this day as well, but on another thread.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
October 26, 2014, 08:27:49 AM
About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

All contributors are responsible for the content of their own material in respect to (but not limited to) copyright, libel and defamation.

The content of this web-site (graphics, text and other elements) is © Copyright 2014 Empire News LLC and may not be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher.

Empire News and the Empire News social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are not intended for people under 18 years of age.

If you are aware of any copyright infringement or have any other queries or complaints, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and, where necessary, correct the problem. Please accept our apologies in advance on behalf of any contribution which has offended.

I knew that it was satirical when I posted it, hence my disclaimer.

It is literature that poses as benevolent information to Believers, while delivering it's hidden agenda unobtrusively. Satire at best is a technique to ridicule and shame individuals for taking a stand on a belief. The hidden agenda of satire commands truth. The truth in this article is the  writer's attempt to challenge the conviction of Believers who are weak at heart and weak minded. The use of ridicule in public feedback  endorses the intent.  This is a strategy carefully orchestrated to purposely "diminish" the population of Believers.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It’s a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the Creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favor to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man. It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art ... And then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him". - W. Snipes

curls

October 26, 2014, 10:00:17 AM
I don't understand why you would knowingly post and want to 'review' an openly fictitious article.
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:00:45 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
October 26, 2014, 11:18:53 AM
I don't understand why you would knowingly post and want to 'review' an openly fictitious article.

I think that you have missed my point.

I do not not examine the subjectivity of the article. I clearly examine the objectivity of satire and propaganda within the article. Understand that the article is satirical propaganda. Satire always has a hidden agenda. The hidden agenda in this article is to attack sensibilities of Believers and make us feel "foolish" for Believing. In addition, the negative feedback in public response is a compound effort and continued attack on our sensibilities to continue to make us feel foolish. The satire challenges the conviction of Believers.

You have to think out of the box on this one. Please reread my original response...

"It is literature that poses as benevolent information to Believers, while delivering it's hidden agenda unobtrusively. Satire at best is a technique to ridicule and shame individuals for taking a stand on a belief. The hidden agenda of satire commands truth. The truth in this article is the  writer's attempt to challenge the conviction of Believers who are weak at heart and weak minded. The use of ridicule in public feedback  endorses the intent.  This is a strategy carefully orchestrated to purposely "diminish" the population of Believers."

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:24:21 AM by Echo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
October 26, 2014, 11:42:57 AM

The review was for someone to research and endorse the article as satire or truth.  I am not  the judge and jury on validity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

October 26, 2014, 12:54:14 PM
Sorry, but  we might as well discuss tabloids!   If we don't know the hazards, intentions, motivation of media such as this by now, then we really haven't been paying attention. I have to say I feel slightly offended that you say I need to think out of the box.  I'll admit to not knowing anything about this particular satirical site, but I know enough about others I have come across to know they are not something I wish to spend my time on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
October 26, 2014, 02:42:46 PM
Sorry, but  we might as well discuss tabloids!   If we don't know the hazards, intentions, motivation of media such as this by now, then we really haven't been paying attention. I have to say I feel slightly offended that you say I need to think out of the box.  I'll admit to not knowing anything about this particular satirical site, but I know enough about others I have come across to know they are not something I wish to spend my time on.

I am sorrowful that you are offended by my choice of words, that was not my intention. I extend an apology and pray that you accept it.

I recognize a conspiracy when I see it. The concept of satire in this article is conspiring to target Believers. I stand strongly behind my conviction to defend Believers.  I have listened to mean spirited satirical comments about my being a Believer more than I care to admit and I take a firm stand on it every time. This is a case in point.

You are badgering me while spinning my intention to make it into something ugly and undesirable. Be it as it may, we witnessed Michael Jackson go through this same thing for many years...

There is nothing else that I can say to you except that I am on your side.

Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:50:29 PM by Echo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

October 26, 2014, 04:03:28 PM
and? :icon_e_confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

October 27, 2014, 03:59:05 AM
I understand the satire in this, but we shouldn’t let it affect us in any way.  I can see their point of view in all of this, though.

When we take a step back from what we’re doing here, from our beliefs, from the entire hoax community...we’ll see that WE created all of this simply based off of our own hunches.  Let’s be honest, when has there ever been hard evidence that MJ is alive? The only way for us to know is for MJ himself to appear and tell the world that he’s still here. But, it’s been five years and no MJ….yet, we’re still here. Waiting. Believing.

So, I understand how absurd this may seem to non-believers.  To them we’re just a few steps away from becoming a cult or even our own religion.  You don’t know how many times I go into my car and the first song I hear on the radio is Michael Jackson and I would take this as a ‘sign.’ I live in the LA-area now and drive past Forest Lawn everyday to work. There are many times I’ve considered getting a job there just to get proof that his crypt is empty. And one time, I drove out to the Barnes and Nobles in Calabasas to read books all day and hoping that MJ would be there in disguise.  Because he loves books, am I right? It makes sense to me that he would probably stop in there. Go ahead - it’s okay to laugh at me.

But, I also have moments where I ask myself why I do these things? What’s the purpose? Why do I believe in this? Would I be mad at myself if he really is dead? Would I feel guilty for believing he’s alive? Am I wasting all these years believing? I tell myself no.

Because, suppose we all believe him to be dead, I feel I would still go through these same experiences except for a different purpose.  His songs would be a ‘sign’ that his spirit still lives; Forest Lawn would be sacred grounds, so of course I would try to get a job there; and, I would still go into Barnes and Nobles in remembrance of him and his love of books (but, also because I love reading).

And I think our community will still exist but perhaps with a different mission. Our love for Michael is so strong; this is what actually bonds us all together. That’s the real reason why we check back into the forum every day. It’s not about finding a new ‘clue’ or analyzing a picture or video. It’s about MJ…and our love for him. And, honestly, I think the tabloids would STILL mock us just because we are so devoted.

So, I don’t care what the tabloids think of us. Michael endured this type of thing throughout his entire life.  And now that he’s not here, they’re going after his children, his family, and now his fans. But, no matter what happens the next 5…10…20 years, etc….our love for Michael will never die.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EchoTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
October 27, 2014, 05:44:20 AM
I understand the satire in this, but we shouldn’t let it affect us in any way.  I can see their point of view in all of this, though.

When we take a step back from what we’re doing here, from our beliefs, from the entire hoax community...we’ll see that WE created all of this simply based off of our own hunches.  Let’s be honest, when has there ever been hard evidence that MJ is alive? The only way for us to know is for MJ himself to appear and tell the world that he’s still here. But, it’s been five years and no MJ….yet, we’re still here. Waiting. Believing.

So, I understand how absurd this may seem to non-believers.  To them we’re just a few steps away from becoming a cult or even our own religion.  You don’t know how many times I go into my car and the first song I hear on the radio is Michael Jackson and I would take this as a ‘sign.’ I live in the LA-area now and drive past Forest Lawn everyday to work. There are many times I’ve considered getting a job there just to get proof that his crypt is empty. And one time, I drove out to the Barnes and Nobles in Calabasas to read books all day and hoping that MJ would be there in disguise.  Because he loves books, am I right? It makes sense to me that he would probably stop in there. Go ahead - it’s okay to laugh at me.

But, I also have moments where I ask myself why I do these things? What’s the purpose? Why do I believe in this? Would I be mad at myself if he really is dead? Would I feel guilty for believing he’s alive? Am I wasting all these years believing? I tell myself no.

Because, suppose we all believe him to be dead, I feel I would still go through these same experiences except for a different purpose.  His songs would be a ‘sign’ that his spirit still lives; Forest Lawn would be sacred grounds, so of course I would try to get a job there; and, I would still go into Barnes and Nobles in remembrance of him and his love of books (but, also because I love reading).

And I think our community will still exist but perhaps with a different mission. Our love for Michael is so strong; this is what actually bonds us all together. That’s the real reason why we check back into the forum every day. It’s not about finding a new ‘clue’ or analyzing a picture or video. It’s about MJ…and our love for him. And, honestly, I think the tabloids would STILL mock us just because we are so devoted.

So, I don’t care what the tabloids think of us. Michael endured this type of thing throughout his entire life.  And now that he’s not here, they’re going after his children, his family, and now his fans. But, no matter what happens the next 5…10…20 years, etc….our love for Michael will never die.

Your expression of thought is so eloquent. A beautiful quality. Mine is so forthcoming and matter of fact. Thank you for your kind words. You were generous to share your inclination for employment at the crypt and your outings to Barnes & Noble...I smiled...but would never laugh. Truth be told, I cried a little too.

Five years of Believing is quite a stretch. Sometimes I think I am being childish. I am not a novice Believer and there have been serious moments of contemplation when I ask, "Why do I believe?, "What drives me to Believe?". The answers to those questions are for another day. I will share that in five years in, my conviction remains so strong that I joined this site in August of 2014 for the support and alliances of like minded people who remain active in their Belief.

Over the years I have studied a lot of information and acquired a few resources relative to the possibility of Michael's departure to private life. I do not leave any stones unturned and am always open to take a look at anything, particularly the most unsuspecting. People that know me personally tell me that when it comes to Michael Jackson, I am like a dog with a bone, translated; try taking a bone away from a dog and witness his passion to hold on to it.

Your point is well taken to not be affected by satirical propaganda. Mean spirited behavior just gets a little tough to turn a cheek to sometimes. Thank you for taking a moment to invest in this thread.

Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:53:32 AM by Echo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 27, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

Your response was beautiful and honestly it brought tears to my eyes. I feel the same way. I too ask myself why I am still here. Am I in denial because the truth may be too painful? I truly hope not. Something just won't allow me to let go. My instinct is generally always right. So I believe still because I just can't not. Even on days when I wake up and say im done with this; I find myself checking the forums again
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions