Arianna_07

More V for Vendetta Part.2
December 29, 2009, 02:11:06 PM
...Hi again BeLIEvers ;)

In my first thread ( More V for Vendetta ) I said that I will investigate more about this movie and it's connections with Mj's hoax. And here I am , sharing a new "report" ...:)

More  V for Vendetta, part 2.

The letter V and the number 5"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."
Similar to the graphic novel, there is repeated reference to the letter “V” and the number five throughout the film (note that letter "V" is number five in Roman numerals. For example, V's introduction to Evey is a monologue containing 48 words beginning with the letter "V", and containing a total of  52 (interesting number- i must say;)) letter "V"s. When Evey tells V her name he repeats it slowly as "E... V". "E" is the fifth letter of the alphabet, and "V" is the fifth letter from the end of the alphabet. During his imprisonment at Larkhill, V was held in cell "V", as is Evey during her fake imprisonment. V's Zorro's -like signature is also the letter "V". In the explosion involving the Old Bailey, the fireworks form a red V configuration, completed by a circular firework, thus resembling not only V but the V for Vendetta logo. It is revealed that V's favorite phrase is "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe", which according to the film translates into the 5 "V"ed Latin phrase: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici". In a dance with Evey, the song V chooses is number five on his jukebox. In fact, all the songs are song number five. When V confronts Creedy in his home, he plays Beethoven's "Fifth" Symphony, whose opening notes have a rhythmic pattern that resembles the letter "V" in Morse code. The film’s title itself is a reference to "V for Victory. As V waits for night to fall, he arranges a complex domino pattern in black and red which forms the V logo. In the battle with Creedy and his men at Victoria Station, he uses five of his six daggers and forms a "V" with his daggers just before he throws them. As V throws two of his daggers at the men on either side of Creedy, the daggers form a "V" five times while spinning through the air. After V kills Creedy's men Creedy fires five shots at V. After the battle, when V is mortally wounded, he leaves a "V" signature in his own blood. The destruction of Parliament results in a display of fireworks which form the letter "V", which is also an inverted Circle-A anarchist symbol.

The introduction above reminded me to take a look at the soundtrack of the movie :)

The Soundtrack CD - The single disc versions contain a short (15:56) behind-the-scenes featurette titled "Freedom! Forever! Making V for Vendetta" and the film's theatrical trailer, whereas the two-disc special edition contains three additional documentaries, and several extra features for collectors. On the second disc of the special edition, a short Easter egg clip of Natalie Portman on Saturday Night Live can be viewed by selecting the picture of wings on the second page of the menu. The film has also been released on the HD DVD high definition format, which features a unique 'in-movie experience' created exclusively for the disc. Warner Bros. later released the video on Blu-Ray, on May 20, 2008. The Movie also saw release on Sony's PSP UMD Format. (how familiar..;)

Here are the Songs on CD:
1. Remember Remember - the music that plays from the very first title credit (the WB logo) in this movie; when V rescues Evey in the first scene in the alley.
2. Cry Me a River - Julie London - is the music being played on the juke box, at Shadow Gallery - V's home- which was made to feel like a cross between a crypt and an undercroft.
3. 'Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People'
 4. Evey's Story
5.Lust at the Abbey
6. The Red Diary - is the music that underscores the scene between V and the pathologist (Delia)
7. Valerie - the music played during Evey's imprisonment.
8. Evey Reborn - when Evey is released from prison and is standing in the rain with her arms to the sky (the scence reminded me of Stranger in Moscow wich is the fifth and final single from Michael Jackson's album HIStory. The song was released worldwide in November 1996 ;)
9. I Found a Reason - Cat Power - near the end of the movie when Evey returns to the shadow gallery, she plays "I Found a Reason".  When V says he has never danced to any of the songs ("...You better come come come to me...")
10. England Prevails
11. The Dominoes Fall - when Finch figures everything out and we see the chain of events that led to Nov. 5th.
12. Bird Gerhl - Antony and the Johnsons - When V and Evey are dancing, right before he shows her the train.
13. Knives and Bullets (And Cannons Too)
1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky- The Overture is played at key parts at the beginning and end of the film (when he blew up the Old Bailey and The Big Ben - Parliament Building) .
This is V's leitmotif, playing again when his Announcement speech comes on. He knows it, because he uses it; but so does the soundtrack, as a kind of greek chorus telling us about him. Why does it matter? It's a clue about Who He Is, the riddle of the film. That he is a man playing God, as men do, is obvious; whether this is madness, irony, blasphemy, or exposition is the riddle.
Symphony No. 5 - Beethoven The Beginning... at Last - also plays an important role in the film, with the first four notes of the first movement signifying the letter "V" in Morse Code (during his encounter with Creedy ). Notice also: it is Beethoven's *Fifth* (in Roman numerals: V).
Three songs were played during the ending credits which were not included on the V for Vendetta soundtrack. The first was "Street Fighting Man" by The Rolling Stones. The second was a special version of Ethan Stoller's "BKAB". In keeping with revolutionary tone of the film, excerpts from "On Black Power" by black nationalist leader Malcolm X, and from "Address to the Women of America" by feminist-writer Gloria Steinem were added to the song. Gloria Steinem can be heard saying: "This is no simple reform... It really is a revolution." The final song was "Out of Sight" by Spiritualized.

The final song "Out of Sight" Lyrics -
Out of sight is always out of mind
I think out of mind is out of sight
I was just looking for some peace of mind
I just couldn't find a peace of mine

They say that pride comes just before a fall
I have fallen and I wasn't sure
You know that I have fallen further before
I just cannot stand falling no more

If I am good I could add years to my life
I would rather add some life to my years
Life is really what you make it they say
I can't even make my mind up today

The world keeps turning it keeps me in my place
Where I stand is only three miles from space
Standing space is all the space I can stand
Gravity just keeps on keeping me down........

I hope some of  you will  enjoy reading  this, as well as I enjoyed doing this research and then share it with u all :)

Thank you :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: More V for Vendetta Part.2
December 29, 2009, 04:48:15 PM
Oh yes great, I feel like I'm taking and english lit class.  My fav
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" if you belive clap your hands" Peter pan.

Arianna_07

December 30, 2009, 02:43:22 AM
@ suzie and me also

Nothing wrong in taking some English Lit Class!  :mrgreen:
Didn't hurt anybody, right??? besides, it's a good thing that  my "class" didn't had to many parts (9)! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 20, 2010, 01:20:07 PM
52 (interesting number)! yeahh...Mj will be 52 this year!! whaaha  :mrgreen:  Bam's Day 2010?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions