suspicious mind

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?
by Bang Showbiz | 20 May 2014

A hologram of Michael Jackson could be set to tour the world after a successful performance at the Billboard Music Awards. The two-year tour could make half a billion dollars.

Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.

The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (18.05.14) thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.

The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''

The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Xscape', which recently topped the charts in the UK.

John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate, added: ''It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience.''

It took four months to put together the lavish special effects show, which saw Michael's hologram gyrate and moonwalk on stage to new song 'Slave to the Rhythm'.

The late singer's choreographers, Rich and Tone Talauega, were behind the dance moves.

ok i am not up on this. does anyone know when these people formerly worked with michael?  i remember something in the tii credits of michael wanting to thank all of his former choreographers. don't know what it means just jumped out.  :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Totally agree RK..and  are not the words of a fan but pure reality... MJ is one and only one  :moonwalk_:
Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:56:16 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

I personally  wouldn't attend  'virtual Michael's' concerts.
Having everything cued to happen with the technology would  be a dampener for  simple live venue spontaneity .  It would have to be a  tightly orchestrated fit to have  all aspects of the show , human and technology, run together like clockwork. I am no fan of that.
 Not to mention that there is Michael's presence, his own energy that would be absent and I think this is the major point against the idea  being successful. Lacking in his essence, the whole contrived thing leave a 'soulless' feeling for the viewer.

i agree,  u hit the nail on the head...soulless.  that's probably why i felt nothing, except how much i miss the real thing.  u totally deserve the best answer award  :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

I'm not sure I necessarily agree. Although of course the 'real deal' would be the preferred choice, what if the real deal has decided he's not performing any more (KOP is dead remember), but 'virtual MJ', with new, never been done before, technological innovation is his idea, his choice and his work at this time. If it's what's exciting him, he'll be putting his heart and soul into it and one could be doing him a huge disservice by dismissing it just because he won't be there 'in person'.  That's like saying one wouldn't watch a film, for example, that MJ had directed, if he wasn't actually in it, or not playing the wii MJ dancing Experience because it's not really him on screen!

As long as you know what you're (not) getting, I think it'd be worth seeing. And as for being 'tightly orchestrated', all I can say is that's how illusion works!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
But curls, we are not asking Michael to perform, are we? we just need him back, happy and healthy and vindicated. If he wants to take entertainment to another level, as he said in his Geraldo Rivera interview,  he'll find a way, maybe something better than a just hologram concert.

It's a totally different case, if Michael did come back and THEN introduces the hologram concerts. No one should have a problem with that. But if Michael isn't back yet, and the hologram starts off, people are going to have a problem with that. Who's going to assure us that it is Michael behind all of that? Is that assurance worth our trust?

wii game is quite a different scenario. People know it isn't Michael. And they aren't expecting anything. Michael album (2010) was different, we wanted to listen to Michael's voice but "breaking news", "monster", and "keep your head up" were sung by someone else. Same goes for the hologram. Most of us wanted to see Michael's face as it is.

Now that's a disappointment.
Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:55:09 AM by Thriller4ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
There will be no world tour IMO.

@Suspicious Taluega brothers have been working with MJ already during 20 years:

Talauega was 17 when he was discovered, along with his brother Tone, by Michael Jackson’s choreographers – LaVelle Smith and Travis Payne, while they were freestyling at a club in Oakland.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

curls

But curls, we are not asking Michael to perform, are we? we just need him back, happy and healthy and vindicated. If he wants to take entertainment to another level, as he said in his Geraldo Rivera interview,  he'll find a way, maybe something better than a just hologram concert.

It's a totally different case, if Michael did come back and THEN introduces the hologram concerts. No one should have a problem with that. But if Michael isn't back yet, and the hologram starts off, people are going to have a problem with that. Who's going to assure us that it is Michael behind all of that? Is that assurance worth our trust?

wii game is quite a different scenario. People know it isn't Michael. And they aren't expecting anything. Michael album (2010) was different, we wanted to listen to Michael's voice but "breaking news", "monster", and "keep your head up" were sung by someone else. Same goes for the hologram. Most of us wanted to see Michael's face as it is.

I think we should've finally got past disappointment after all this time.  Disappointment only follows over ambitious expectations.  I reckon we should've learned by now, that with all things MJ, to expect nothing, to acknowledge that even what we are presented with may well not be as it appears and not to rush into making hasty conclusions or judgements.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal

I think we should've finally got past disappointment after all this time.  Disappointment only follows over ambitious expectations.  I reckon we should've learned by now, that with all things MJ, to expect nothing, to acknowledge that even what we are presented with may well not be as it appears and not to rush into making hasty conclusions or judgements.

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't have expected the Hologram to look like MJ? you know that's not possible. That's the "least" anyone can expect. It can't be termed as over ambitious expectations. We were promised a historic tv event, but it was nothing like that.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really enjoy reading what everyone says, but this is exactly how I feel, but never could come up with as good of a way to express it. Everyone do you think michael is coming back? I gave it hard thought today because this hologram thing really got me thinking who is behind this and why, and I started to loose my beLIEver hope and then I thought and remembered, I thout of how no one is allowed near his resting place and thought of a reason that likely is, because some crazy fan my try an Cray the ground or something similar and see the empty casket and immediately got back to being a beLIEver. Hope all you ladies and gents out there can give your opinion on this theory of mine.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really enjoy reading what everyone says, but this is exactly how I feel, but never could come up with as good of a way to express it. Everyone do you think michael is coming back? I gave it hard thought today because this hologram thing really got me thinking who is behind this and why, and I started to loose my beLIEver hope and then I thought and remembered, I thout of how no one is allowed near his resting place and thought of a reason that likely is, because some crazy fan my try an Cray the ground or something similar and see the empty casket and immediately got back to being a beLIEver. Hope all you ladies and gents out there can give your opinion on this theory of mine.

"Everyone do you think michael is coming back?"

Personally  :icon_geek:??..........mmmm I think not ,sorry  ;D .
Regarding the violation of the tomb, you can sit peacefully, nobody will do such thing , because people have better things to do .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson hologram to tour the world?
by Bang Showbiz | 20 May 2014

A hologram of Michael Jackson could be set to tour the world after a successful performance at the Billboard Music Awards. The two-year tour could make half a billion dollars.

Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.

The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (18.05.14) thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.

The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic.''

The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, 'Xscape', which recently topped the charts in the UK.

John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate, added: ''It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience.''

It took four months to put together the lavish special effects show, which saw Michael's hologram gyrate and moonwalk on stage to new song 'Slave to the Rhythm'.

The late singer's choreographers, Rich and Tone Talauega, were behind the dance moves.

"Michael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram."

What a stupid idea lol  :icon_mrgreen:  :thjajaja121: !!!!!

"The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't have expected the Hologram to look like MJ? you know that's not possible. That's the "least" anyone can expect. It can't be termed as over ambitious expectations. We were promised a historic tv event, but it was nothing like that.

I'm sure our reactions to this hologram come from our expectations. I took all the pre-publicity with a pinch of salt. I didn't even watch it till a day or two after it was aired (vids blocked, busy days, sleep!), by which time I'd read all the negative comments, wasn't expecting to see a clear cut MJ and I was pleasantly surprised when I eventually did watch it.

Is it possible you got caught up in the hype, 'the historic tv event', and you formed your own (ok, maybe not unreasonable) expectations around it, and since your expectations weren't met, you are stuck and can't see beyond 'it didn't look like MJ'?

Have you thought about reasons for why it might not have looked like the MJ you were expecting?

What's the worst case scenario?  They (no involvement from MJ) used an impersonator to produce a marketing tool for Xscape (that also had no involvement from MJ), to make money? Just sounds like business to me.

(I have to also add that 'O2 MJ' didn't look like MJ either! This is nothing new)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
^^^
Curls, u are purely concentrating on the independent reactions of fans and not on what caused it. There indeed was a lot of hype that gave people hope to see Michael Jackson live on stage again, and perhaps for the last time. They also said about the "advanced" technology used in creating such hologram. Most of the people might be aware of the Tupac hologram at Coachella and the Elvis hologram at American Idol, the latter being perfect. When they state advanced technology, expectations do go higher. Now one thing to remember is not everyone has the capacity to take things easily. We are promised one thing and get the other, that's basically cheating.

But how can you dismiss it by saying it's just a marketing tool for xscape? It's like agreeing to let people fool you and you are going to be perfectly okay with it. I'd like take example of TS's episode here. He was indeed the driver of the hoax, but what use when he finally said they were all Providences. You clearly were not okay with that. Similarly, Estate/Sony could've simply announced a MJ tribute by an impersonator rather than saying "it's as if he's still alive".

The question should not be 'why are you people taking it seriously?', it should be "why aren't you taking it seriously?" Doesn't it bother you when you read how  reports on child abuse allegations against Michael by people wanting to make quick cash or how people wait to see/hear/know something but that's not what they get.

It's not about whether that hologram is like Michael or not. I am looking way beyond that. It's about trying to know which direction we are heading. I'm asking where is Michael? What is his involvement and why he is letting this happen?
Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:32:29 AM by Thriller4ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

There's a lot I could say in response to your post but I can sum it up by saying its taken me a long time to get to the (hoax) position I am in now, where I'm content to just watch, to 'take things easily' as you put it, and yes, the TS episode was the final piece in recovering perspective and sanity, in learning that others are not always motivated by the same aims and goals as I am.  So yes, I have distanced myself in a way from MJ and the hoax, not because I'm not 'taking it seriously', but because I won't be drawn into making hasty assumptions when I simply don't have all the facts ...

I want the same as you Thriller - to know what has been MJ's involvement in all things since June 2009, but we're simply never going to know that are we, unless he comes back and honestly tells us?

I suggest we let this thread get back on topic now - we've strayed somewhat from the hologram tour!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!

Don't lose hope MJ will come back.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions