RKTopic starter

Billboard Awards Preview
Michael Jackson Imagery Is "As If He's Still Alive"

May 17, 2014 by Robin Leach.

A “real-life” Michael Jackson will appear halfway through the 2014 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday at MGM Grand Garden Arena despite last-minute lawsuits and court filings to block the spectacle.

“It’s as if he’s still alive. He’s totally real. It’s absolutely uncanny. People who have seen just a little of it have become so emotional, they have tears running down their face. They are sobbing because it’s as if he didn’t die,” I was told.

Late Friday, federal judge Kent Dawson ruled here that there wasn’t sufficient evidence to prove that patents on previous hologram 3D images held by two companies and an individual had been violated.

The emergency lawsuit had been filed against the King of Pop’s estate and its trustees John Branca and Howard Weitzman by Hologram USA Inc., Musion Das Hologram Ltd and businessman Alki David, who says that he control rights to hologram technology.

A veil of secrecy has been lowered over the Billboard extravaganza. The only official word from ABC and Dick Clark Productions is that “it will be a history-making performance.” My original story about the imagery was posted at Vegas DeLuxe on Tuesday when Michael’s new album “Xscape” was released.

But I learned exclusively Friday night that Michael’s image to be unveiled about halfway in the three-hour ABC telecast is brand new technology.

“It was two years in development and took an additional six months to create for this network premiere,” I was told. “This is way, way beyond a hologram. It is way, way beyond what you know as 3D. This isn’t even digital. It is far more advanced and a totally new process.”

“This lawsuit to attempt to stop the broadcast was just a stunt. It was ludicrous,” snapped L.A. attorney Howard Weitzman, who represented Michael’s estate and Dick Clark Productions, who is staging the BBMAs for ABC. “The court’s decision is not surprising.”

I also exclusively learned that Michael will be seen dancing with a cast of dancers. He will be seen moonwalking back and forth the entire MGM Grand Garden Arena stage. He also will be seen dancing up and down stairs.

“This is the most emotional piece of television we have ever produced in our 40-year TV careers,” two Dick Clark Productions execs told me. “A few people have seen it, a tiny portion of it, already in the arena and have been crying — it’s that powerful. Incredibly, it plays even better on the TV screen, so imagine how viewers will react at home.

“They will be in a state of disbelief. It’s as if he’s still alive at the height of his career.”

I learned that Michael’s estate trustees came across undiscovered L.A. Reid recorded footage of Michael that they didn’t know existed. The lawsuit says the music will be a new song, “Slave to the Rhythm.”

“They didn’t know what they originally wanted to do with it or make with it except just wanting to capture him alive forever. That became the background format for this new technology. It might have gone to Cirque du Soleil. They might have found a way to complete the This Is It tour.

“This has never been done before. It is 100 steps beyond anything anybody has ever thought you’d experienced as a hologram. It is so real, it is so lifelike, there is no way an audience would know the artist is not there in front of them. So real an artist would actually never have to go out on tour again or need makeup for an appearance. The artist is there without being there. You cannot tell the difference.

“That will be proven Sunday night with Michael Jackson, just like he’s done before time and time again as a pioneer with music-technology breakthroughs.”

A few key major city radio DJs were given a 30-second sneak preview of the spectacle after signing secrecy agreements. Under strict promises of remaining anonymous, I was told: “Within 10 seconds, I was shaking. Then I started sobbing. Michael was alive. I had goose bumps. He was as real as the day I last saw him alive.

“I cannot tell you what he does, but his fans from this point on will never believe that he died. It will be four minutes they will remember forever.”

No plans for its future use have yet been revealed, but I am told that plans will be forthcoming and will be expanded to include other song material later.

Meantime, another lawsuit has yet to be determined. Cirque and MGM Resorts International have until next Friday to answer a case in Los Angeles Federal Court filed by Hologram USA claiming unlicensed use of the digital rendition used in Cirque’s “Michael Jackson One” at Mandalay Bay.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:02:56 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

“That will be proven Sunday night with Michael Jackson, just like he’s done before time and time again as a pioneer with music-technology breakthroughs.”

Huh???  So, he's STILL making technical breakthroughs??????  Just like he's done before..... before what?  Before he died????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
O.. M.. G!! What if it is a mixture of both, MJ "real" and hologram.
"This is not digital. It is much more advanced and a whole new process"??? If not digital ... MJ is revealed!
Thanks RK.   :woohoo2:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Let's start with a definition of a hologram. 

[quoteHolography is a photographic technique that records the light scattered from an object, and then presents it in a way that appears three-dimensional.][/quote]

In other words, you have to begin with a 3 dimensional object.  A piece of film would not work, although they can certainly create 3D DIGITAL representations, but that would not be a true hologram, at least according to this definition.  I have always presumed that Tupac hologram was created from Tupac performing live in a different location.  IF MJ appears as a hologram, by definition the real MJ would be performing somewhere else simultaneously.  Interesting that they brought up the stairs as that might be technically difficult to achieve via a hologram.  I am no expert, but it would seem difficult to get the positioning quite right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is to much.  Sounds like we will not be able to tell if it's him or not.  So ... Either we the fans are expected to believe the tech is real... It could be MJ   But now what do we do?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
It 's just a great show and Michael certainly look at this...
Personally I do not  like the hologram but I'm waiting for watching....it's a great adventure..... :icon_e_ugeek: :icon_cool:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

LUNA

hologram is not enough 4 me!  :Pulling_hair: but i don't think there will be a bam or something similar:5 years r so many!
so hopeless......

*LUNA*

Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:03:37 PM by LUNA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MAKEthatCHANGE.....
[http]]

suspicious mind

don't really know where to go with the discussion.  ummm noticed first off this performer pit bull who was in the opening number. remember something about murray and pitbull like energy drink way early on.  also this one performance i just saw had very black and white costume theme. oh and it looks like the hologram is from dirty diana (or at least that is the little tease they keep using.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
did you guys watch the performance. That IS NOT MICHAEL. THAT'S A FUCKING IMPERSONATOR! I mean probably the impersonator is performing live and the holographic image is on stage. This is truly disappointing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

Just watched it (2.24am here lol!)

Well......it might have been the fact that I watched it on my computer on iLive, but it looked nothing like Michael Jackson to me.  :computer-losy-smiley:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
Just watched it (2.24am here lol!)

Well......it might have been the fact that I watched it on my computer on iLive, but it looked nothing like Michael Jackson to me.  :computer-losy-smiley:

because it WASN'T michael. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

RKTopic starter

Wasn't able to watch it. But is this the 'image'?
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:43:46 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

As I was watching I was trying to think which one of the impersonators it could be!  :Pulling_hair:
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:43:46 PM by reveron1958
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

melody

Yeah, that definitely wasn't Michael, lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal

Wasn't able to watch it. But is this the 'image'?

yes that's it RK. That's the frickin hologram we were waiting for. And that's probably e-casanova.
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:49:16 PM by Thriller4ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions