suspicious mind

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This piece of crap doesn't deserve the time given him here in this thread.

Yes RK, and I'm sorry for posting the link to his Twitter, but I thought people ought to see it before they got swept along any further.

aww take it easy on yourself curls i am the one who brought it here.  :icon_neutral: but the conversation has been interesting. seems like perhaps we learned from discussing latoya's input into the mess as a whole that some people will do unthinkable things under the right set of circumstances. trouble is how do we ever really know which people and under what circumstances.  :judge-smiley:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

This piece of crap doesn't deserve the time given him here in this thread.

Yes RK, and I'm sorry for posting the link to his Twitter, but I thought people ought to see it before they got swept along any further.

aww take it easy on yourself curls i am the one who brought it here.  :icon_neutral: but the conversation has been interesting. seems like perhaps we learned from discussing latoya's input into the mess as a whole that some people will do unthinkable things under the right set of circumstances. trouble is how do we ever really know which people and under what circumstances.  :judge-smiley:

Agree with your comments, Suspicious.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

I cannot believe what I'm seeing. How can you entertain the idea that Michael was guilty? That man has nothing but a heart of gold. I've spent most of my life defending him to people and I will continue to do so. I never thought that I would need to defend him here. :over-react-smiley:

Agree. I have always and will always believe that Michael is an innocent man.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
No one is blaming MJ here, it's just a discussion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

Do

True Thriller, it wasn't my intention to blame Michael and I also said in one of my previous posts that I will never judge him. I know he has a great heart but I also believe he went through great sadness in his life. I just try to figure out, out of the tons of information that is out there, what has happened in his life. I also do believe he was under control a major part of his life.

That's why I wanted to see the whole letter that was posted by Suspicious. Curls provided the whole twitter convo, so that was even better. Now I know that the letter was forged. What I do find a bit disappointing is that from the links I posted, only the source 'MJfacts' was enough to influence this whole discussion and made people prance right away. It's not my mission to blame Michael of anything, hell no, but I give all information a fair chance.

One of the subjects in the links that I posted was a radio interview with Tom Mesereau from January 2014 (just an example) in which he said that the insurance company did NOT pay in 1993, while we (at least I was) were convinced that Mike's insurance company wanted him to settle in 1993 and that they paid the millions to the Chandlers. Does that mean Michael is guilty? No ofcourse not, but it just means that some information we believed was true, may not be true after all. You can only form an opinion of you read everything and not stop when you see a source that might be trashy.
Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:51:04 AM by Do
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

suspicious mind

True Thriller, it wasn't my intention to blame Michael and I also said in one of my previous posts that I will never judge him. I know he has a great heart but I also believe he went through great sadness in his life. I just try to figure out, out of the tons of information that is out there, what has happened in his life. I also do believe he was under control a major part of his life.

That's why I wanted to see the whole letter that was posted by Suspicious. Curls provided the whole twitter convo, so that was even better. Now I know that the letter was forged. What I do find a bit disappointing is that from the links I posted, only the source 'MJfacts' was enough to influence this whole discussion and made people prance right away. It's not my mission to blame Michael of anything, hell no, but I give all information a fair chance.

One of the subjects in the links that I posted was a radio interview with Tom Mesereau from January 2014 (just an example) in which he said that the insurance company did NOT pay in 1993, while we (at least I was) were convinced that Mike's insurance company wanted him to settle in 1993 and that they paid the millions to the Chandlers. Does that mean Michael is guilty? No ofcourse not, but it just means that some information we believed was true, may not be true after all. You can only form an opinion of you read everything and not stop when you see a source that might be trashy.

it is always interesting to listen to tom . he is pretty skillful in the way he makes sure he is accurate when correcting misconceptions without reveal more than what he needs to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

La Toya claims that everything she said at that time about Michael being guilty was because she was totally brainwashed by Jack Gordon. She said she was told to read a statement at Tel Aviv that was written by Jack. But what she mentioned on Geraldo seems not to be made up by her, because of the above letter about the payment to the Safechucks.

Now, because Michael allegedly paid a million dollars to the parents still doesn't mean that he molested the boy, however, I have to admit it gives me a really bad taste in my mouth. Those amounts are just too high for a friendly gesture. If all of this turns out to be true (which ofcourse I don't hope and can't comprehend at this time) then, if I were James, I would sue my parents too, for 'selling' me and keeping me from going to school.

Look guys, I understand if you are going to be mad at me and maybe it really is all a big conspiracy, but I just don't understand these big payments and the many many expensive gifts, especially to the parents of the kids. This is  giving me a bad vibe.

Hi, Do.

The excerpt below, from La Toya's 2011 autobiography Starting Over (pp. 96-99), reveals further information about the Tel Aviv press conference. Maybe some have already read the book, and so the excerpt is a refresher. As most know, Jack “Gordon” (referred to in the excerpt) is La Toya’s abusive ex-husband. In short, the 1993 press conference in Tel Aviv was presumably the first of several similar occasions involving media on which La Toya felt forced to speak negatively of Michael.

The boldface on portions of the quoted text is added by me.

Gordon handed me a piece of paper.

“Here, you’re reading this,” he said gruffly.

“What is this?”

All of a sudden it dawned on me: that press was here for me, and I didn’t have the slightest clue until just that moment. I felt the world close in around me as I was filled with rising panic. That was the kind of life Gordon had me leading. He was always forcing me to do things in the public eye without preparation or warning, and with the constant knowledge that if I didn’t perform impeccably, the consequences would be swift and painful.

“What is this?” I asked again nervously. “Can I go to the ladies’ room?”

No! Read it.”

Before I had time to even collect myself, Gordon pushed me out of the car into an explosion of blazing flashbulbs as eager paparazzi jostled for position and shouted my name.

“La Toya! La Toya!”

I couldn’t even imagine what terrible words I was about to be forced to speak. But I knew there was no getting out of it, so I pulled myself together. Joseph had taught all of us children that whenever we did something, we should do it professionally and with as much enthusiasm and energy as possible. I didn’t want to be filmed looking down, with my face hidden in the piece of paper Gordon had given me. So I was trying to read words that I had never seen before, through these enormous sunglasses that obstructed my vision, while keeping my head held high, as if I were expressing my own thoughts. Even as I began to read, I still didn’t know what I was saying, but I did know that, whatever it was, if I didn’t read it properly, the way Gordon wanted me to, he was going to hurt me.

Then, with horror, as I was speaking, I realized that the statement was about Michael. It wasn’t the positive message I had been preaching in public about the allegations against Michael. It was the worst possible thing I could say about a person who was innocent, and I knew Michael was innocent. But Gordon didn’t care. He was thrilled to see Michael’s image sullied in this way. He was making me say just the opposite of what I had been saying. Back then, I didn’t know why he was making me do this, or who had put him up to it, but it was horrible.

Not only that, Gordon was making me speak out in front of a mob of news cameras, which would broadcast the statement around the world. I knew better than to display any emotion on my face, but my heart was breaking as I spoke the words he forced upon me.

I truly believed that if I didn’t say what I had been told to say, Gordon and his mob buddies would surely kill Michael. Gordon had drilled this threat into me, again and again, until I knew it to be true. So, although it was an excruciating choice, I decided that it was better to continue reading and do whatever it took to save Michael in the moment. I figured, afterward, when I knew Michael was safe, Michael and I could discuss what had happened, and I could try to make him understand how I had been forced to say such things. At the time, this reasoning allowed me to endure what was an impossible moment. But now that I look back from outside Gordon’s control, this press conference is among the biggest regrets in my life. I can’t stand to see the footage because it makes me so sick with remorse. I honestly think that I would rather have let Gordon kill me than make me say those words.

When I was finished reading those awful words from the piece of paper Gordon had handed me, he immediately took over the microphone. His words were meant to keep me convinced, and make the public think, that my family was trying to kidnap and kill me, so I wouldn’t try to escape or speak to my family, and no one would try to reunite me with them.

“There’s been two major kidnapping attempts on La Toya . . . that were stopped!” Gordon said to the media. “They were paid and financed by Michael Jackson.”

I later learned that Gordon had attempted to extort money and favors from Michael’s handlers by telling them that if they didn’t comply with his demands, he would have me make this very statement. I was horrified to discover this plot and just how much thought Gordon had put into planning the whole awful event. I had been set up to commit a terrible transgression against my beloved brother so Gordon could profit.

Even more disturbing, I also discovered, long after that awful day in Tel Aviv, that the allegations against Michael had been just as manufactured as my press conference was, and with a similar goal in mind. Much like Gordon with me in that moment, evil forces were surrounding Michael. They wanted to tarnish this reputation to impoverish him and break his spirit, and perhaps force him to sell his valuable music catalog. At the time, Gordon was secretly meeting with Michael’s former manager Frank DiLeo and Michael’s attorney John Branca, whom Howard Weitzman had brought back into the picture in November 1993 to work on the case on Michael’s behalf. Weitzman was enlisted by Bert Fields, Michael’s lead attorney at the time, in around September or October of 1993. Bert Fields, as well as Michael, and the private investigator on the case, Anthony Pellicano, wanted very much to fight to prove Michael’s innocence. Michael was actually looking forward to his court date, which would have been March 21, 1994. According to Michael, it was John Branca’s idea not to take the case to trial, but to settle it instead. Michael always regretted that, because the settlement made Michael appear guilty of those horrific charges.

What I didn’t know then was that, at the same time, Branca’s law firm also represented Michael’s label, Sony, which was desperate to get its hands on Michael’s music publishing catalog. That seemed like a clear conflict of interest to me. As Michael’s music publishing started to grow, everyone wanted a piece of it, and how convenient would it be if Michael was convicted of the child molestation charges? He would not only serve prison time, but his damaged reputation would ruin him, bankrupt him, and make it likely he would have to sell his prized possession, his music catalog. Obviously, because I was his sister, if I came out in support of the allegations, it made them more likely to stick. And even without a conviction, his ruined reputation could still have forced him to sell. I later came to believe that, because Gordon controlled me, he tried to earn favor with these powerful men by helping ruin my brother in a way that was likely to benefit them. Gordon would have been glad to do this because he hated Michael’s success.

what you said about latoya feeling forced jumped out at me. i went and found the video of her statement . she is very passionate in the way she presents this , so i have to say i find her later recant had to believe. now that said when it comes to wade when i watch him in there is a presence to me that says this is really bothering him to say.  i don't know the reason but i feel it.  it is interesting to me that the two men in charge of the estate are two of the same men that were around and this time in the past when all this was going on. am i wrong? do i have the timing right?  another thing i want to ask is when was bill bray let go?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal