SEHFTopic starter

Michael Jackson Estate -- The IRS Is Off the Wall
February 10, 2014, 03:18:49 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
0 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Michael Jackson was broke as a joke when he died ... so the IRS tax attack is showing a glaring ignorance ... so claim the people who run the MJ Estate.

Sources connected with the Estate tell TMZ ... they never suggested the Beatles catalog was worth ZERO -- to the contrary they agree it's worth around $1.5 BILLION.

That said ... sources say there's a reason they put a big fat zero in the Beatles column when they filed tax returns just after Michael died.  They say there  was a $700 million loan taken against the purchase of the catalog, bringing the net value to $800 million.  Michael and Sony were 50/50 partners ... which means Michael's share was around $400 million. 

Now the debt.  Michael leveraged his interest to the hilt -- he borrowed $320 million against the catalog.  And He owed another $200 million in personal debt ... And that's why they put ZERO.

One bone of contention -- although the Estate values the catalog at $1.5 billion, the IRS says it's DOUBLE that amount.

Estate sources say the IRS is also off base on the issue of MJ's likeness and image, which they valued at only $2,105 at the time he died.  The IRS says it's worth more like $434 million.

Our sources say you have to look back at June, 2009.  They say Michael made zilch on his likeness and image for the 15 YEARS before his death -- no commercials, not even T-shirts ... no one wanted to be associated with him -- at least commercially.

And finally ... as for the Jackson 5 music collection -- the Estate says it was worth $11.2 mil when Michael died ... the IRS says $45.5 mil.

So the sources say after settling up with Motown, MJ's interest was a lot less than people think.  The Estate would gladly sell Michael's rights even today for $45.5 mil ... they say they'd sell it for $30 mil!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Wow, TMZ setting the record straight ... or not!  Nice one. Pleased to see you're using your 'sources' again TMZ!
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:54:50 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

2100 bucks for his likeness? Hahahahaha where can I pay?

What a joke. If they get away with it I want the 'estate' to file my taxes this year! :thjajaja121:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Wow, TMZ setting the record straight ... or not!  Nice one. Pleased to see you're using your 'sources' again TMZ!

:th_bravo: yeahhhh....good thing !!!!  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

a.j

:moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

1 / i wish the Estate to deal with my tax too !
2/ TMZ sources always have "things to say"
3/ If MJ is such low price, i suggest everyone sends me a dolar, so i can afford the man   :icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

Well its about TIME someone started to put the record straight! We had nearly 5 years of twisted facts! Lets Hope the truth comes out one way or another! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I have always thought that Michael's worth was undervalued and it never made any sense to me. This sounds more like it. However, the IRS wants to take about 2/3rds of his worth in interest, penalties, etc? I think the IRS is like everyone else - they see a chance to take advantage of the man and they are doing it.

I cannot believe that the genius estate lawyers would value the Beatles catalog at zero but their explanation sounds reasonable so it's a bit confusing to me. I guess I'll keep watchin'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Oh Michael you are so lucky free of all this   :-*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions