AndreaTopic starter

So by now I’m sure everyone has heard that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting divorced.  TMZ and other media outlets are reporting that it’s due to Scientology and Katie not wanting Suri to be raised that way.

TMZ has been very vocal about this aspect of the split and appears to be helping expose the cult “religion.”

Here’s a recap of TMZ articles about the divorce:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Katie has been basically stalked by Scientologists since word of the divorce (and probably before) and it seems the media is actually helping her in this regard by reporting it to the world. 

I won’t get into the whats of Scientology right now but basically it’s an expensive and dangerous cult that’s very hard to get out of once you’re in.  They get whatever dirt they can on you and use it as blackmail to keep you.   I read recently (and this is speculation) that John Travolta was trying to get out of the cult, basically since his son Jet died, and that’s why we’re hearing all these scandalous stories about John in recent weeks.

I saw this documentary a while ago, it’s interesting to say the least.  This is part 1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJlZ_f1594[/youtube]

Quote from L Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology, “You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.”'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sorry Souza, I know this is an old thread but I cannot start a new topic from work.  If someone can tansfer it to a new thread that would be great. 

In view of all the news about John Travolta and now Tom Cruise, I decided to check into the principles and origination of the Scientology religion.  One thing that I learned that blew me away is that the person who started this religion is also the author of the book Pulp Fiction.  Here is a link to an article about Tom & Katie's custody bartle: 
and also a link to a page that tells exactly what the beliefs of Scientology are: 

Is it any wonder why a caring parent would not want their children to become endoctrinated into this?  Also further explains to me why Tom Cruise insists on doing some of those dare devil stunts in his movies himself.  One day, I fear, that practice will be the end of him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

AndreaTopic starter

hesouttamylife, I moved your post into the topic I just started.  Lol, we must've been on the same wavelength this morning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

I had also read a few days ago about the number 33 and Tom Cruise.  All 3 of his marriages ended when his wives were 33 - Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman and now Katie Holmes.  Scientology was also apparently established in Phoenix, AZ which is on the 33rd parallel.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Weird coincidences.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh wow, we were, thank you. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Adi

33......Interesting......Pheonix.........rising from the ashes.

TC played an undercover agent in the Mission:Impossible movie series.......in the most recent MI movie (Ghost Protocol) his wife staged her death:

"Ethan reveals that Julia's death was staged, as he knew he could not protect her, and used her death as a pretext to infiltrate the prison, where he believed he would find men associated with Cobalt. Relieved of guilt, Brandt accepts his mission while Ethan watches Julia from afar. She spots him, and they share a smile before he embarks on his next mission"

A thought from a different perspective.
Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:21:38 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

So by now I’m sure everyone has heard that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting divorced.  TMZ and other media outlets are reporting that it’s due to Scientology and Katie not wanting Suri to be raised that way.

TMZ has been very vocal about this aspect of the split and appears to be helping expose the cult “religion.”

Here’s a recap of TMZ articles about the divorce:

Katie has been basically stalked by Scientologists since word of the divorce (and probably before) and it seems the media is actually helping her in this regard by reporting it to the world. 

I won’t get into the whats of Scientology right now but basically it’s an expensive and dangerous cult that’s very hard to get out of once you’re in.  They get whatever dirt they can on you and use it as blackmail to keep you.   I read recently (and this is speculation) that John Travolta was trying to get out of the cult, basically since his son Jet died, and that’s why we’re hearing all these scandalous stories about John in recent weeks.

I saw this documentary a while ago, it’s interesting to say the least.  This is part 1:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJlZ_f1594[/youtube]

Quote from L Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology, “You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.”'

Does anyone else find it curious that suddenly we are hearing about the dark side of scientology, first with the Travolta incident, where in published reports Travolta is quoted as saying he had done things that would make the average person throw up in exchange for money and fame..... and now this.

Looks to me like a controlled demolition of the cult, and not a retaliatory effort by the cult.  And who might be the controller of this demolition, I wonder?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

Does anyone else find it curious that suddenly we are hearing about the dark side of scientology, first with the Travolta incident, where in published reports Travolta is quoted as saying he had done things that would make the average person throw up in exchange for money and fame..... and now this.

Looks to me like a controlled demolition of the cult, and not a retaliatory effort by the cult.  And who might be the controller of this demolition, I wonder?

It is curious that we are hearing more and more about bad press about Scientology.  But I guess it's not really surprising, it is quite sinister and it was only a matter of time before everyone started realizing it.  I think most who got involved in the cult had no idea what they were getting themselves into and once they were in, it's a fight for their life to get out.  That's why I think LMP moved to England for a while, to establish distance between herself and the church, to get away from them.  Scientology is acknowledged but not in any way widely received in England - Britain at first strongly opposed the "religion" before allowing it into the country.  But Scientology's house of cards does seem to be falling, which is a good thing.  I did the TMZ bus tour a year ago and we went by the huge scientology building in L.A. and the tour guide pointed it out asking if anyone on the bus was involved with the church.  When no one was, he ripped into it.  I can't remember exactly what he said but he mentioned he didn't want to hide his face in order to protect his identity against them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LoveShyMichael

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said
I also remember reading that Scientitogology was also a "cult for curing gayness". Like Tom Cruise & John Travola have been linked to gays. Not sure how close this is to the truth, but seems like that cult religion had high hopes for turning gays around. But then got sucked into it, because they we're gay, & couldnt come out & admit being gay.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I found this a bit interesting.  Especially as relates to Anonymous and the mention of V for Vendetta.

On January 14, 2008, a video produced by the Church of Scientology featuring an interview with Tom Cruise was leaked to the Internet and uploaded to YouTube.[253][254][255] The Church of Scientology issued a copyright violation claim against YouTube requesting the removal of the video.[256] Subsequently, the group Anonymous voiced its criticism of Scientology and began attacking the Church.[257] Calling the action by the Church of Scientology a form of Internet censorship, participants of Anonymous coordinated Project Chanology, which consisted of a series of denial-of-service attacks against Scientology websites, prank calls, and black faxes to Scientology centers.[258][259][260][261][262] On January 21, 2008, Anonymous announced its intentions via a video posted to YouTube entitled "Message to Scientology", and a press release declaring a "war" against both the Church of Scientology and the Religious Technology Center.[261][263] In the press release, the group stated that the attacks against the Church of Scientology would continue in order to protect the freedom of speech, and end what they saw as the financial exploitation of church members.[264]
On January 28, 2008, an Anonymous video appeared on YouTube calling for protests outside Church of Scientology centers on February 10, 2008.[265][266] According to a letter Anonymous e-mailed to the press, about 7,000 people protested in more than 90 cities worldwide.[267] Many protesters wore masks based on the character V from V for Vendetta (who was influenced by Guy Fawkes) or otherwise disguised their identities, in part to protect themselves from reprisals from the Church of Scientology.[268][269] Many further protests have followed since then in cities around the world.[270]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

forgot to add the visual of the protestors.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Here's another picture.  BTW I have one of those mask. Love to wear it on Halloween.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

AndreaTopic starter

Another article, from Perez. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And in today's super creepy Scientology news…

Reportedly, every so often, Katie Holmes partook in brainwashing auditing confession sessions while married to Tom Cruise…sessions she took part in because of her love for Tom.

In the Church of Scientology, auditing is used as a central practice where, “a practitioner is cleared of negative influences known as engrams in order to heighten spiritual awareness and access currently untapped potential.”

The auditor uses an electro-psychometer device to monitor the person, who “holds a metal cylinder in each hand.”
So basically, the e-meter seems similar to a lie detector test, only scientologists believe it can literally read people’s thoughts.

According to a source, whenever Katie would go in for her sessions, her father warned her to watch what she said, so she always held back and was definitely wary.

The source goes on to reveal:
“Katie is level headed and extremely smart. She was never completely committed to Scientology, but she participated because she truly was in love with Tom and she knew it meant a lot to him. Her heart just wasn't in it though, she was always guarded and careful during the auditing sessions with what she revealed."

Smart girl — especially since the sessions were always videotaped or audiotaped and in the Church of Scientology's possession!

Ex-high ranking Scientologist Marty Rathbun added:
“The Church definitely would have wanted to know Katie's every thought.”

For years, Katie’s family has been rightfully worried about the actress and Tom’s close ties to Scientology and now reading these reports, it seems pretty clear that Tom was just dragging Holmes along.

This is just all SO sketchy…wonder if those audio/video tapes will ever get leaked?!

We're so glad Katie and Suri made a run for it…!!!

This is how they try to trap you, by getting into your head and trying to get whatever they can to use against you if you dare try to leave.

@LoveShy - I've read too about how Scientology can "cure" homosexuality.   :icon_e_confused:

@hesouttamylife - I found that interesting too, about the protests.  It's good that people have been trying to raise awareness for quite some time now.  I worked with a guy a couple years ago and he told me he didn't believe in God and the religion that made the most sense to him was Scientology.  I asked him if you knew anything about it and he didn't.  I told him a bit of what I knew and then he said, "Ok maybe not scientology then."  He literally had no clue what it was all about and just figured it was his best alternative since he didn't believe in God, or the Bible. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

I don't know much about Scientology, i have to read more.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Ex-high ranking Scientologist Marty Rathbun added:
“The Church definitely would have wanted to know Katie's every thought.”

I found a blog of this man, Marty Rathbun

Operation Dovenator: Target, Tom Cruise
Posted on January 12, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 187 Comments
While we were on the subject of outing corporate Scientology spooks, Tony Ortega at the Village Voice happened to bring up another Miscavige deep cover agent.  Tony reported on Miscavige’s long-term mole into the family and life of Tom Cruise.

Please read the story at this link, Michael “The Dovenator” Doven.

Doven's name is well known in Hollywood. For years he was personal assistant to Tom Cruise, who called him "The Dovenator," and he also served as a conduit between Cruise and Scientology leader David Miscavige. Today, Doven seems to have become Scientology's in-house celebrity photographer, and his client list reads like a church roster of famous names.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions