gwynnedTopic starter

Re: Tuscon Shootings - HOAX?
February 24, 2011, 09:42:51 PM
I've found what will have to pass for a hoax community related to the Tuscon shootings.  There's some fascinating reading here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .

It would appear that I am far from alone in thinking there was no shooting.  Very interesting parallels to the MJ hoax as well.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 25, 2011, 12:08:31 AM
Jared Lee Loughner - Glenn Beck (Fox TV show)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Glenn Beck says that cars.gov website will track your computer
    * August 3rd, 2009 9:38 am MT

On his Fox News show, host Glenn Beck warned that the government's Cars.gov website allows for tracking of your computer activity. Part of the website says "This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the U.S. Government." You can go on and read the rest of the fine print if you'd like, but you do so at your own risk.

If you'd just like to see what Glenn Beck had to say about the website, check out the video below from YouTube. Is it a legitimate concern or just a talk show host overreacting for ratings? You decide. However, before you completely dismiss this, you might want to read this article about being able to track you on your cell phone to within a few feet. Technology is great, but in the wrong hands, it can lead to a serious breach of privacy.

Glenn Beck's week of corrections, part one (video)
    * January 5th, 2010 11:24 am ET

Glenn Beck reveals how he was wrong in 2009.  AP Photo Evan Agostini

This week Glenn Beck has promised to "close the case" on the "truth" he has brought to his audience over the last year.  In reality Beck provided corrections for all his misquotes, distortions, and outright lies in 2009.  Beck has promised to devote the entire week to his "close the case" series.  We therefore can look forward to four more hours of Beck corrections.  Even then he still may not be able to cover everything in that time.

Here are the corrections Beck made yesterday regarding his coverage in 2009.  I will be providing a list of all Beck's corrections as he goes through them all week.  I know Beck would probably not call them "corrections" but judge for yourself based on his past statements below.

Correction #1:  Beck admits that his original death panel theory was wrong.

When Glenn Beck first subscribed to the death panel theory he stated that he agreed with Sarah Palin's statement that her son Trig would be forced to go before a literal government death panel.  To use a common Beck phrase, "those aren't my words, those are his."  Proof is in the clip below.

Now Beck is correcting his story.  He now claims there will be no literal death panel but instead that the government will have to ration care because they lack the money to provide care for everyone.  Thankfully Beck has corrected his previous error in advocating death panels.  Of course Beck's theory still has a number of errors.  First a foremost the New York Times article Beck quotes which supposedly confirms his story was not even talking about death panels or even health care reform.  Instead it was speaking of the debt in general.  Secondly Beck never provides any other support for his claim that care will be rationed under reform.  If anything care is already rationed under the current free-market dominated system which Beck never addresses.

Correction #2:  Beck corrects his assertion that anyone who goes on Cars.gov could have their computer taken over.

Earlier Beck had told all his viewers, not just dealers, to avoid the Cars.gov website.  He warned them that if they did their computer could be taken over through some kind of government conspiracy.  Once again Beck's words (clip below) were for "America" to not try this at home as he goes on the dealers website.  His co-host at the time tells "people" not to go on there.  Beck never revealed that he was on the dealers website and not the consumers website for Cars.gov.  Beck only mention the word "dealers" once but never makes clear to his audience that consumers are in no danger of having their computer taken over.  Beck also talks about people logging on "at home" rather than a dealer logging on at his place of business.

Thankfully this week Beck has corrected his earlier coverage and made clear that only dealers were subject to the kind of language Beck displayed on his show.  The correction was late coming but I suppose the saying "better late than never" applies in this case.

Correction #3:  Glenn Beck corrects his earlier position in calling for Van Jones' removal.

Yesterday Beck said that he never wanted Van Jones to be fired.  This reversal is a great correction Beck has made from his position in which he told the American public that "removing Van Jones is not enough."  The logical conclusion of course is that if removing Van Jones is not enough then more must be required in addition to removing Van Jones.  Beck also publicly celebrated Van Jones resignation as a victory for the American public.  This is Beck's second correction on the Van Jones story.  His first came more explicitly on his show when he apologized for his mistaken claiming Van Jones was convicted of two felonies and spent six months in jail.  In fact Van Jones was never convicted and never spent six months in jail.

Stay tuned for more updates on Beck's corrections that he has promised to provide all of us as we welcome in the new year.  It appears as if Beck is trying to start 2010 off on the right foot after after making so many stumbles in 2009.
For more info: Glenn Beck expresses anger over 'Misinformer of the Year' label.

December 08, 2010
      George Soros Warns of Fox News Dictatorship | Glenn Beck
      With: Glenn Beck

This is a rush transcript from "Glenn Beck," December 8, 2010. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GLENN BECK, HOST: Welcome to "The Glenn Beck Program."

Tonight - yes, a little bit of magic. First, I'm going to take one statement of fact and I'm going to show you how to get the same people to give two completely opposite reactions to the same statement. It's fantastic.

Then, for the grand finale, by the end of the show tonight, this host and the network will take over the entire country.

Come on. On with the show!

(MUSIC)

BECK: Hello, America.

I say it like that because I think I'm supposed to be a little spooky because I was reading in Forbes magazine today. And it's great, "Forbes." No, seriously, it's great, especially this time of year.

I came across an article on George Soros on the Forbes website. And here is how it begins: "Soros warns U.S. could be on the verge of a dictatorship. Billionaire investor and philanthropist George Soros warned tonight in New York that the combination of FOX News, Glenn Beck and the Tea Party and the ability of Americans to fantasize unrealistically about their political system might lead this open society to be on the verge of some dictatorial democracy."

Wow! He's craze, huh! What a crazy conspiracy theorist kind of guy, huh?

No, no. Where do I begin with that? How about here? If I say "Hello, America," doesn't it make you afraid of me and FOX News creating a dictatorship? How did he figure out? I feel like the end of Scooby-Doo and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for the 80-year-old billionaire.

Well, if I was going to take over the country, I'd say to myself, how am I going to enslave the American people? How could I possibly - what do I need at my disposal? Well, if I put a plan together, I would have to come up with something where I could control the financial sector, you know? Get them under my thumb and hold them there. They owe me.

Yes. Then I'd take over healthcare. That way I could make sure that everybody knows I control who lives and dies, who gets medicine, who doesn't. It's fantastic.

Then I'd have to take over the industry, you know, giant portions of industry. I don't know where I would begin. Maybe I start with the car companies. Yes. Because that's the only thing that has any industrial might left.

And then I could control the military. But the military is not going to listen to a guy at 5:00 in the afternoon. They won't take orders from me. Maybe - maybe I could find a way to stretch the military so thin that they would be of no use.

Then I'd have to somehow or another figure out a way to grow dependence, grow people - make sure they're dependent on me, you know, through government aid. Yes, control the media and control food prices. Man!

How could I do it? If I was just smart - hey, wait a minute. That's not my plan. That's the administration's plan. Darn, I've got to come up with another one. They're ahead of me.

I got it. I got it. If I just could collapse the dollar - of course, I'd have to be able to do it in other countries, maybe three or four other countries so I could experiment on it. I really have it down, and then I could try it with the largest economy in the world. Of course, I'd have to be a giant old tycoon, kind of spooky think I'm like God and stuff.

Oh, crap, that's George Soros' plan! I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those crazy kids. Oh, well, I guess I'm just going to have to continue doing my 5:00 p.m. gig here, as I hypnotize you.

I'm sorry, Mr. Murdoch. They have caught us. We can't wait any longer to take over. You will do everything I'll tell you to do. Yes, everything, send me all of your money. Wouldn't that be great?

Now, the problem is, I've got a three-hour radio show and an one-hour TV show, so I don't know, besides the hypnosis thing - by the way, you're still asleep - I don't know how to turn it into a dictatorship.

I'll tell you what, what do say we forget about the ridiculousness of that point for a moment and let's play "imagine if the Glenn Beck had said that" game for a moment. OK? I guarantee you that I'd be called things like fearmonger in chief, which I saw the other day. I was called. That was called. That's clever. That was good.

But George Soros - well, I didn't read the whole Times article, let's see how George Soros was referred to in Forbes magazine. He was referred to as a billionaire philanthropist. I've never been referred to like that. It's sweet, though.

He's a philanthropist, giving millions to heart-warming little children, big puppy dog eyes charities like Media Matters. Oh, they're great. That's just a group of bloggers who try to get people fired. They do that for a living, by taking those other people's words out of context and then smearing them night and day, just to get them fired.

Oh, by the way, Media Matters. Come here, snookems - oh, you're so cute. How is that working out for you? I still have a job. Man, you guys suck. You really do.

Anyway, ADD moment, if you're rich and a conservative, you're going to be called a phony rich guy. That would be you. You don't believe in anything really. But if you're George Soros, philanthropist!

Well, now, let's see. Let's be cynical. Maybe the author that works at Forbes is on some sort of Soros payroll. No, that would be crazy. That would be crazy. Who's the author? Robert Lenzner.

Let's look at some of the other stories because I'm sure he's fair and balanced. Let's look at some of his other works, like this one in The Huffington Post, called "In Defense of George Soros." Oh, in this one he actually says that he takes offense at slams on George Soros.

Well, let's look at his blog - Mr. Lenzner's blog, let's check it out. This one is - oh! Invest like Soros, don't get thrown from the gold bull market. This is where he's saying you should buy gold, totally impartial piece in Forbes also today. Totally impartial there and totally impartial in Forbes.

This is where Lenzner writes, "Soros also characterized Fox newscaster Glenn Beck" - that'd be me, spooky dude - "who has been falsely vilifying Soros publicly as a throwback" - I love this - "to the wild and crazy radical elements that never before were given a public pedestal to foment their hate."

A throwback to wild and crazy radical elements? Wow! Would that be like Bill Ayers, who's now writing textbooks in school or more like Van Jones, that has got a giant pedestal all over the country, you know, for the president and George Soros? I can't decide which radical element you were comparing me to.

But the article goes on. "Beck has been trying to stir up public hatred of Soros." I have? "Suggesting that the investment genius and significant philanthropist was maliciously trying to take over the U.S. for his own purposes."

Well, there's more adulation, investment genius - and not just a philanthropist, significant philanthropist. It's much better that way.

And it's not just philanthropist, it's significant philanthropist. Yes, it is. It is significant. In fact, we - may I - may I show you? We have the video. Get the videotape ready.

Before I go there, let me address the rest of this dribble. Forbes says that I am falsely vilifying Soros in order to make people hate the significant philanthropist.

I don't hate George Soros. I never said to hate George Soros. My mother told me not to hate, even though I might really dislike the things he does, which I do. I disagree with him wildly. I think he should be open in his Open Society. I think his ideas really suck. We disagree.

But spooky dude has a right to his view point.

I showed you what his significant philanthropy is and what it's going towards. You remember the episode? Roll the tape, please.

continued...
< 1 2 3 4 5>

Not to forget the Kelly twins:
[youtube:1y8gbs67]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsn0rAMpFlI[/youtube:1y8gbs67]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

gwynnedTopic starter

February 25, 2011, 12:27:31 AM
Grace,  Great post!  Those two photos side by side.....amazing, no?  More and more I see Michael's hand in this hoax.  Or, shall I say, Mr. V's hand.  Slaying dragons one by one, without firing a shot or hurting anyone, his enemies fall on their own swords.  

Like the MJ hoax, once you start to look carefully at all the evidence, the hoax is so obvious you wonder how you never saw it.  Also like the MJ hoax, there's a lot of humor in it.  The photos of Beck and Loughner side by side are hysterical.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 25, 2011, 12:39:23 AM
The photo comparison is a morphing, but it fits considerably well.
The mugshot of Loughner is shopped IMO, be it with or without similarities to Glenn Beck's face.
Add a little shade, a little too much at the wrong area - and then a mugshot must have a white background, mustn't it?

The blog link is more than interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002

Time to BE.

May 02, 2011, 03:18:03 PM
I am doing a case evaluation on the Tuscon shootings and I think it's a horrible thing to call this a hoax... Weirdos.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynnedTopic starter

May 02, 2011, 07:46:51 PM
Quote from: "LauraFelice"
I am doing a case evaluation on the Tuscon shootings and I think it's a horrible thing to call this a hoax... Weirdos.

Your first post!  Many people said the same thing when we started investigating the MJ death hoax.  They thought we were insulting the family or something.  Or are you only interested in trying to derail this particular thread?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynnedTopic starter

May 18, 2011, 10:29:39 AM
I know this is an old story, but found this fascinating.  Someone has taken the trouble to hunt down the witnesses and victims in this case and finds that they are actors with a connection to Radian Helix Media.  DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE????

Scroll down and check out some of the short films where he identifies the participants.  It didn't happen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

June 14, 2011, 03:30:18 PM
Gabby Giffords' Rosy Recovery Needs Reality Check, Say Experts

This, most recent photo of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords since she was shot, was posted to her public Facebook page by her aides Sunday morning June 12, 2011. The photo was taken May 17, 2011 at TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital, the day after the launch of Endeavour and the day before she had her cranioplasty. (Giffords Campaign - P.K. Weis/AP Photo)

By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
June 14, 2011

Rep Gabriele Giffords , bright eyes peering out from behind blue wire-framed glasses, looks radiant in a recently released Facebook photo. But experts say her half-tilt smile suggests her recovery from a gunshot wound to the head will be complex.

The Arizona congresswoman has astounded all her doctors, climbing stairs recently to board a plane for Florida to watch her husband, astronaut Mark E. Kelly, at the launch of the shuttle Endeavour and responding to her family and caregivers.

Now, as Giffords prepares to leave TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, Texas, to begin her long-term rehabilitation, brain injury experts say public hopes for a return to the House may be unrealistic.

"If I had to guess, I would expect her to have some deficiencies for the rest of her life," said Dr. Anand Germanwala, chief of cerebral vascular and skull-based neurosurgery at the University of North Carolina Medical School. "The brain is a very unforgiving organ.

"I certainly wish her all the best and hope she has complete recovery -- it is possible," he said. "But realistically thinking, this is a young lady in a high profile job, well-educated and eloquent. That requires a lot of brain tasks to successfully execute the job. To expect that now, it's not fair."

Her husband, who has been the most consistent optimist, admits the road back is "months not weeks away."

Rosy rhetoric and hope are critical for healing, say doctors, but brain injuries like the one Giffords sustained five months ago can change a person's abilities and behavior unalterably.

Giffords was shot at point-blank range at a community event outside a Tucson grocery store on Jan. 8. The bullet tore through the left side of her brain, the heart of cognition, speech and movement.

The photos, taken in May by P.K. Weiss, a professional photographer and longtime friend of Giffords, show an upbeat woman, but even her chief of staff Pia Carusone warns about being overly optimistic, saying Giffords speaks in only one- or two-word sentences and uses her hands and facial expression to be understood.

"Add it all together and she's able to express the basics of what she wants or needs," she told The Arizona Republic last week. "But when it comes to a bigger and more complex thought that requires words, that's where she's had the trouble."

Speech is very complicated, according to experts. It requires not only the ability to communicate verbally, but to comprehend and to know when to move the lips.

"The whole process takes a million connections in the brain," said Germanwala.

Giffords is experiencing aphasia, a disorder associated with brain injury that impairs her ability to process language, although those close to her say she does understand her surroundings.

Centers of speech and movement are only "a few centimeters apart," and so Giffords could have just an isolated speech injury and be spared disabilities in movement, said Germanwala. But looking at the photos, he said he "suspects" some weakness in the right arm and leg.

"We are human beings and we hope for the best," he said. "But the honest answer is no one really knows the extent of her recovery. ... In my own experiences, the maximum amount of recovery is at one year after the event."

Giffords could also suffer from a range of other long-term complications from Parkinson's disease to dementia, say doctors. About half of all those who have a traumatic brain injury go on to develop epilepsy.

"No two brain injuries are alike," said Dr. Steve Flanagan, chair of the Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Medical Center. "She has received some of the best rehab anyone can conceive -- a lot longer than a lot of folks because of her status.

"A brain injury that's as severe as hers is not measured in days or weeks or sometimes even months, but many years," Flanagan said. "It could well be very hard for her and would not be unusual for severe disability that will require some rehab for years."

Typically, injuries such as Giffords' create a host of cognitive and behavioral problems, from impairing walking, to washing and dressing, language, attention span and memory.

"Sometimes there is a change in behavior or mood and there is a worsening of irritability and they are anxious or agitated," he said.

Brain injuries can also add stress to the family.

"Oftentimes roles change and the impact isn't just on the patient," Flanagan said. "It changes the family dynamics."

Doctors also report marital break-ups, depression and even suicide among those with brain injuries.

Patients often tell their doctors, "I am completely different," according to Dr. Brian Greenwald, medical director of brain injury rehabilitation at Mt. Sinai Medical Center.

"Although we think of ourselves as our car or our house or what dress we like, what we are is our brain -- the mush in the head that is the same consistency as Jell-o," he said. "It's our thoughts and our emotions and our moods."

The challenges are enormous, say doctors, who point to the 30-year struggle of Jim Brady, the former press secretary to President Ronald Reagan, who was shot in the head during the 1981 assassination attempt outside the Washington Hilton.

His injuries were more serious than Giffords because he had been shot in both hemispheres of the brain.

In a March editorial in the Washington Post on the anniversary of his shooting, Brady's wife Sarah lamented how the "vivacious life" she and husband shared before his life was shattered in a "few seconds" by a bullet to the head.

Today, at 70, Brady is partially paralyzed, confined to a wheelchair, and undergoes physical therapy several times a week. Though his speech is sometimes slurred, he has full cognitive function.

His neurosurgeon, Arthur Kobrine, said in a January article in the journal Nature right after Gifford's shooting, Brady would "kind of cry-talk for a while," and had difficulty controlling his emotion and didn't recognize loved ones.

"It's a constant battle," said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, who worked with the Bradys to pass the 1993 Brady bill. "You want to encourage the patient and hold out and be positive with great progress, and the family and friends want them to be up. But it's a real challenge to the body.

"He tires quickly and has trouble with his eyesight as a result of his brain injury," he said. "There are so many things. Traveling is tough for him. The pain comes and goes."

Helmke said the Bradys were rooting for Giffords, knowing she will be an advocate for their cause, strengthening gun control laws.

"Our dream is that she recovers quickly, gets back to Congress and asks why no one has done anything about this issue," he said.

But medical experts like Greenwald say this is an unrealistic scenario.

"It's still early on and I think there is still reason to be optimistic overall," Greenwald said. "But being able to speak again and rejoining Congress are two different issues."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Time to BE.

Grace

June 14, 2011, 03:56:18 PM
Then and now:

[attachment=0:a539jl21]giffords_2011.jpg[/attachment:a539jl21]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Time to BE.

gwynnedTopic starter

June 14, 2011, 10:25:48 PM
Witnesses say she was shot at point blank range from about 3 feet away.  Doctors said the bullet went through her skull.  There are NO visible scars, other than a slight indentation which appears to be photoshopped.  AND they're not the same person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions