marumjjTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A judge on Friday tentatively denied a motion by Katherine Jackson’s attorneys for a new wrongful death trial against concert promoter AEG Live.
Jackson’s attorneys claim the jury instructions and verdict form were misleading during the trial, prompting jurors to clear AEG of wrongdoing in the death of Jackson’s son Michael back in October.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos sent attorneys a 45-page tentative ruling denying the motion by lawyers for the Jackson family matriarch Thursday night, in advance of a hearing on the issue today.
Details of the judge’s ruling were not immediately available.
Jackson’s attorneys argued that once the panel found that Dr. Conrad Murray was fit and competent to be Michael Jackson’s doctor when he was hired, it prevented the jury from deliberating AEG Live’s actions in supervising and retaining Murray.
KNX1070 legal analyst Steve Meister says Jackson’s lawyers would have to have a specific argument that the court did something wrong to taint the outcome that unfairly resulted in a bad verdict.

play
Jackson's Lawyers To Seek New Trial Against AEG LiveMargaret Carrero
00:00
“That’s what they have to show,” explains Meister. “If they don’t show that, they don’t get a second bite at the apple just because they wish the outcome had been different.”
In their filing, AEG Live lawyers argue that Jackson’s attorneys never challenged the instructions when they were originally being discussed.
AEG’s lawyers also argued that “There is simply no reason to believe the jury interpreted the verdict  form at odds with its plain language and the arguments of the parties.”
Katherine Jackson, 83, sued in September 2010 on behalf of herself and her son’s three children — Michael Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine and Prince Michael — claiming that AEG Live hired Murray to be Jackson’s personal physician and failed to properly supervise him.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

The very first sentence of this article contradicts the headline, (my bolding):

"A judge on Friday tentatively denied a motion by Katherine Jackson’s attorneys for a new wrongful death trial against concert promoter AEG Live."

Idiot journalists, say anything for a headline.
Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:10:19 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Katherine Jackson’s Wrongful Death Appeal Against AEG Inc. Dismissed– Exclusive

Posted on March 21st, 2014 at 1:00 pm

An appeal filed by Michael Jackson‘s mother, Katherine Jackson, in connection with the  wrongful death case against AEG Inc has been dismissed, RumorFix is reporting.
In court documents obtained by RumorFix from the Second Appellate District Court for California, they state the appeal is dismissed and parties must bear their own court costs.
Michael’s mom and his children sued AEG Inc. and its subsidiary AEG Live, in September 2010, but Katherine’s attorney Kevin Boyle, tells RumorFix that AEG Inc was removed from the lawsuit when it was determined that AEG Live had the contract with Michael’s physician Dr. Conrad Murray.
“The decision to dismiss the appeal against AEG Inc. is of no legal significance in the main case against AEG Live,” Boyle said.
 Katherine and Michael’s three children filed the appeal in November — a month after a jury ruled the concert promoter was not responsible for the 2009 death of the King of Pop.
The jury stated AEG was not wrong for hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was sent to prison in 2011 after being convicted for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.
Murray is out of prison now and is trying to get his medical license back. Boyle reiterates the AEG Live appeal is still very much in tact.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:48:38 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

suspicious mind

does anyone else remember umm around the time of one of the early hearings maybe of murray. the pic of him in a suit, perhaps next to a tree . and the left hand was up in like a buttoning position and it was kind of distorted looking ? look at kate's left hand.

also is this sort of narrowing it down more and more to be about the dude (can't remember his name ) that has left aeg and possibly gongoware and phillips?
Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:43:18 PM by suspicious mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal