Taxi star Andy Kaufman faked his death and is still alive, a woman claiming to be his daughter has announced.

Since officially dying from lung cancer in 1984 there have been rumours and speculation the American entertainer's death was part of an elaborate comedy stunt.

A document apparently certifying Mr Kaufman's death from kidney failure can be found online.

But on Tuesday a 24-year-old woman appeared on stage at the Andy Kaufman awards - which honour new comedy talent - to announce she was his daughter and he was alive.

"He just wanted to be a stay-at-home dad, that's why he wanted to leave showbiz," she told Michael Kaufman, the show's host and Andy's brother.

"He's pretty much a great dad, and raised us. My mum has her own business … he helps her with that kind of thing, paperwork and stuff, so he can work from home and he doesn't have to be hiding out … concealing himself."

"He just makes us food and takes care of the house."
Before the woman was introduced on stage, Michael Kaufman revealed he discovered a letter from his brother in 1999 which also claimed the star was still alive.

The essay explained he had a wife and a daughter and he had gone into hiding to live a normal life.

Mr Kaufman was well-known for playing the role of Latka Gravas in Taxi, a character humoured for his poor spoken English.

According to the New York Times, Mr Kaufman considered himself an entertainer, rather than a comedian.

"I am not a comic, I have never told a joke," he said.

"The comedian's promise is that he will go out there and make you laugh with him. My only promise is that I will try and entertain you as best I can."

Here is the link:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They have a copy of Andy Kaufmans death certificate on there, which may be be useful to compare to MJs but I don't know how to put photos or documents on here. 

Interesting, huh?    :judge-smiley:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

I saw a similar article on TMZ this morning. Apparently death hoaxes are becoming all the rage, heeHEEhee.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Le roi est mort, VIVE LE ROI !

gwynned

This was the subject of yesterday's redirect from TIAI and there's already a discussion going on there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Incredibly!!!

Will be interesting to see if some try and accuse him of ILLEGAL death hoax, and it will be interesting to see it clarified to the uneducated public that it is NOT illegal as long as there is no financial gain through hoax.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

I read another article where someone recognized the woman as an actress he knew about.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Incredibly!!!

Will be interesting to see if some try and accuse him of ILLEGAL death hoax, and it will be interesting to see it clarified to the uneducated public that it is NOT illegal as long as there is no financial gain through hoax.

What would be the case then if MJ were to come back since there would be a financial gain through the profit his estate has made since his passing?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

This was the subject of yesterday's redirect from TIAI and there's already a discussion going on there.

Not quite true gwynned. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, let me clarify once more -  TIAI is redirecting to TMZ as a whole, not one specific article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Incredibly!!!

What would be the case then if MJ were to come back since there would be a financial gain through the profit his estate has made since his passing?

When I say financial gain, I am referring to tax evasion, life insurance claims, etc.

I assume that the Estate (MJ) still pays its taxes on incomes earned.

Any financial gain for MJ post 25/06/09 is above board.
Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:43:22 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

gwynned

Not quite true gwynned. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, let me clarify once more -  TIAI is redirecting to TMZ as a whole, not one specific article.

Thanks for the correction.  I see now that the redirect has changed, though it's still about Andy. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Taxi star Andy Kaufman faked his death and is still alive, a woman claiming to be his daughter has announced.

Since officially dying from lung cancer in 1984 there have been rumours and speculation the American entertainer's death was part of an elaborate comedy stunt.

A document apparently certifying Mr Kaufman's death from kidney failure can be found online.

But on Tuesday a 24-year-old woman appeared on stage at the Andy Kaufman awards - which honour new comedy talent - to announce she was his daughter and he was alive.

"He just wanted to be a stay-at-home dad, that's why he wanted to leave showbiz," she told Michael Kaufman, the show's host and Andy's brother.

"He's pretty much a great dad, and raised us. My mum has her own business … he helps her with that kind of thing, paperwork and stuff, so he can work from home and he doesn't have to be hiding out … concealing himself."

"He just makes us food and takes care of the house."
Before the woman was introduced on stage, Michael Kaufman revealed he discovered a letter from his brother in 1999 which also claimed the star was still alive.

The essay explained he had a wife and a daughter and he had gone into hiding to live a normal life.

Mr Kaufman was well-known for playing the role of Latka Gravas in Taxi, a character humoured for his poor spoken English.

According to the New York Times, Mr Kaufman considered himself an entertainer, rather than a comedian.

"I am not a comic, I have never told a joke," he said.

"The comedian's promise is that he will go out there and make you laugh with him. My only promise is that I will try and entertain you as best I can."

Here is the link:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They have a copy of Andy Kaufmans death certificate on there, which may be be useful to compare to MJs but I don't know how to put photos or documents on here. 

Andy's brother name is Michael  ?? :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_geek: :icon_lol:....... sorry but I have to laugh  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: !!!!
Well I guess that if for Andy ,R.I.P. is possible ,them for Michael is possible also lol  :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121:  :icon_cool: .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

think perhaps i have flipped my lid and have no idea what any of it can mean but there are some things that stand out .
kaufmans elvis
there was an interview with one of the taxi guys and he is talking about kaufman not liking to rehearse . and about this alter ego of his who actually had his own seperate contract ( the mj / michael thing has always stood out to me).
 the being late stuff.
and then when i saw in the one vid when he came out with the suitcase i couldn't help but feel the connection with the ( i think) madison square garden billie jean where michael comes out with the suitcase. i found it very interesting that he seemed to be getting a giggle about it. and the one last thing that has bugged the heck out of me is in tii where they show michael supposedly watching a standin run through from the audiance. (they also mentioned when talking about kaufman that they used a stand in all week for the rest to rehearse ) but the thing that got me was the umm growth on michaels face. only thing is  kaufmans  was on the other side.
ok i am officially cracked  :Pulling_hair:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

KAUFMAN'S 'ALLEGED' DAUGHTER
HER EYES
SAY HOAX

The 24-year-old woman who said Andy Kaufman was still alive -- and that she was his daughter -- is sticking to her story ... but her eyes say otherwise.

She's a liar
 Yes
 No
VOTE
We've got video of the woman (who goes by Alexandra) out in NYC earlier today. The photog asks her over and over whether her stunt earlier this week at the Andy Kaufman Awards was a hoax, but she continued to play the part.

Watch closely, though -- her eyes and facial expressions tell a very different story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't judge me because I sin differently than you.

I found a biography on Danny DeVito - he was in Moonwalker...  he was also on the show TAXI which Andy Kaufman was on.   In the biography he states that Michael Jackson visited the set quite often.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There is a movie that was done on Andy Kaufman after he died... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   Man on the Moon  - he is standing in front of a Red Curtain - and - it says off to the side "Hello, my name is Andy and this is my DVD"  kind of reminds me of "Michael Jackson's This Is It" 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andy Kaufman had an alter ego by the name of Tony Clifton  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   Tony Clifton is a character created and often played by song and dance man Andy Kaufman in the late 1970s. Characteristic of the many elaborate hoaxes and practical jokes Kaufman concocted, Clifton was not exclusively portrayed by Kaufman. Others, mainly longtime Kaufman friend Bob Zmuda, also performed the role.
Andy did "Performance Art" ... with wrestler by last name of Lawler... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   
Tony Clifton Andy's alter ego - showed up at a promotional event where Jim Carey was for the dvd that came out after Andy's death - there are clips of this on youtube 
IMDB on Andy Kaufman shows an acting credit for 2013  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
IMDB for Andy Kaufman's alter Ego Tony Clifton You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:59:05 PM by suspicious mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal