Paris Jackson's Potential Treatment Facility: An Inside Look at Diamond Ranch

Paris Jackson will soon be heading to her next treatment facility.
After spending the last month at UCLA hospital following her June 5 suicide attempt, rumors are swirling the 15-year-old daughter of the late Michael Jackson will soon be transferred to Diamond Ranch Academy in Hurricane, UT, a year-round residential treatment facility for "struggling teens ages 12-18."

The facility—which Dr. Drew has featured on Lifechangers—features academics, therapy and athletics, and all students are required to participate in the music program as a way to "discover how music can influence their lives in positive ways."
At the treatment center, which also serves as a boarding-type school, "students experience a normal, safe, structured High School experience without the negatives of public school," the facility's website boasts.

Sean Elsmore, the admissions counselor at Diamond Ranch, would not confirm or deny if Paris is planning on moving to the facility, but tells E! News that "based off what we have read about her from online reports, she would be a good fit for our facility."
He added: "We are aware of the reports of our connection with Paris" but won't confirm her admittance out of respect and comfort for the family.

Elsmore also says the facility held an executive meeting to discuss how to handle the media attention upon learning Diamond Ranch is Paris' rumored new treatment center.

According to Elsmore, 60-70 percent of the students graduate the academy and the average stay is between 10-12 months long, with less than five percent of those who graduate returning because they have relapsed.

The cost of the facility is $7,000 a month, and the enrollment varies, but there are anywhere between 150-198 students enrolled at the academy.

The facility does have its detractors; there is currently a Diamond Ranch survivors site, which is critical of the center.

While the rumor mill continues to churn, there's still no guarantee Paris will transfer to the treatment center—a source previously told E! News there were "concerns of logistics, about bodyguards and the privacy of the other patients" at the facility. Distance is also an issue as it would be difficult for the 15 year old's family, particularly grandmother and co-guardian Katherine Jackson, to see her.
Despite the setbacks, a source tells E! News Paris is "getting better" but admits it's going to be a "long road" to recovery, "She is still doing therapy and on medication. It is a long process, but she is doing well."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So, Paris Jackson will never step foot in this facility (imo). No way in hell if Paris needed therapy, it would be this public. The media is pretty much inviting the paparrazzi to take a trip down to Utah (and maybe Michael needs a media distraction so Paris can move around with out all eyes on her.)

I think this suicide thing could be a distraction to off set Wade's allegations, but also serves a dual purpose. To raise awareness about cyber bullying and blah blah (we've already thoroughly discussed possibly motives for the suicide attempt). Maybe this is to highlight that there are alternative schools for students who need a different enviroment, but also buyer beware. The story of Paris going to this facility broke this weekend, and detractors immediately came out the woodwork, even tweeting debbie and TJ about it.
Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:44:15 AM by LoveNeedsExpression
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I also think that all this serves to draw attention to youth problems on which peoples  are talking too little: and Michael has always been very attentive to social problems.
And definitely Michael want to put Paris safe:she helped him a lot in these 4 years, and now Michael wants to protect his daughter from  the nagging attention of the media.... and with her, in peace ,think about the next steps.. :moonwalk_:
Really, the best is yet to come...   :icon_bounce:

P.S : Thanks LoveNeedsExpression for sharing always news , thanks for your attention and the great job.  With L.O.V.E.   :bearhug:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

LoveNeedsExpression and blankie like both of you said, this article does seem to serve as an advertisement for the facility also as an encouragement for "struggling teens ages 12-18."

This sentence stood out for me:
The facility—which Dr. Drew has featured on Lifechangers—features academics, therapy and athletics, and all students are required to participate in the music program as a way to "discover how music can influence their lives in positive ways."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also think that all this serves to draw attention to youth problems on which peoples  are talking too little: and Michael has always been very attentive to social problems.
And definitely Michael want to put Paris safe:she helped him a lot in these 4 years, and now Michael wants to protect his daughter from  the nagging attention of the media.... and with her, in peace ,think about the next steps.. :moonwalk_:
Really, the best is yet to come...   :icon_bounce:

P.S : Thanks LoveNeedsExpression for sharing always news , thanks for your attention and the great job.  With L.O.V.E.   :bearhug:

That's really sweet! Your very welcome!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

This place sounds dreadful, and like a mind-control military camp, not the place for a girl just down a bit (if true at all).
I could see if your child was violent, breaking the law, and uncontrollable--then maybe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

The place seems fine to me as well as the therapy offered.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!

The place seems fine to me as well as the therapy offered.

Hi Gema I thought you had hoaxed your death too (as Front always says lol).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

iLoveyoumore

I think this suicide thing could be a distraction to off set Wade's allegations, but also serves a dual purpose. To raise awareness about cyber bullying and blah blah (we've already thoroughly discussed possibly motives for the suicide attempt).

Exactly.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

oh no, I hope she will not end up antidepressant addict which is I am sure part of the treatment.  All doctors in here obsessed prescribing those drugs.  Like one mafia with drug manufacturers to sold them out. I was once prescribed one of those and I counter offer it to doctor to take.  :icon_lol:
 I don't like nor I trust any of those facilities. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

Whole Paris story reeks of being 'staged' more than ever before!

So obviously false.  :icon_e_biggrin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Whole Paris story reeks of being 'staged' more than ever before!

So obviously false.  :icon_e_biggrin:

I think so too specially after noticing that Prince stopped tweeting the exact same day as Paris, he could at least tweet something about Paris doing better or something like this, it's too coincidental that both of them stopped tweeting the same day 21 days before June 25.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

LOL, Raquel. I wish!!! I want the taxoffice to forget about me!

I saw your name in some news last month, btw.

That recovering facility by Dr. Drew seems to be a good place for teens to get their lives back. Hopefully they will find some clousure to their problems.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
LOL, Raquel. I wish!!! I want the taxoffice to forget about me!

I saw your name in some news last month, btw.

That recovering facility by Dr. Drew seems to be a good place for teens to get their lives back. Hopefully they will find some clousure to their problems.

What kind of news bad or good, lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Going on the presumption this is true, there's one thing that worries me. Paris is what? 15? I wonder what types of meds she's on. Experience would tell me a person who's attempted suicide would be placed on antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs and God forbid if there's some co-morbidity DX, anti-psychotics, all of which aren't normally contraindicated for youths unless as a last resort.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions