blankieTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Listen... Seems really Mike !!  ???

Daft Punk’s New Single Totally Sounds Like a Michael Jackson Disco Jam
Eliot Van Buskirk - Evolver.fm
Fans of forward-looking music have at least two things to be excited about this spring: new albums from Boards of Canada (which is teasing fans with the rarest vinyl released this year) and Daft Punk, whose Random Access Memories is set for a May 20th release.

On Friday, Daft Punk dropped the "Get Lucky" single on Spotify, breaking the company's internal record for the most streams of a single on its release day. Spotify did not divulge how many streams that was, other than that "Get Lucky" broke the record.

You can listen to that above. Once released, the single became weirdly intermingled with the late Michael Jackson in strange ways.

First, people began noticing that "Get Lucky" sounds a bit like a long-lost Michael Jackson disco track, which, sure, it does. Fine.

Main Ixed took that suggestion to heart, pitch-shifting the single so that Pharell's vocals fall into Jackson's range, and pairing it with footage of Jackson, along with a few of his trademark "whoo!" and "ow!" exhortations:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SkCn-iWLiSE[/youtube]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:11:29 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

MJonmind

Seems to me there would have to be permission from the Estate for groups to do any arrangements using MJ's vocals, or there would be lawsuits.
Therefore I feel MJ through the Estate may be collaborating with various upcoming groups, even getting out new music.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Ya I think they would definitely need permission to use Michael's voice and I don't think he ever minded other artists using his voice or sampling his music in their tracks.  So since it's Michael running his own Estate, I think permission would be readily granted.

Snoop Dogg put it eloquently, lol.  Starting at about 2:50 Snoop talks about MJ letting artists sample his music.

[youtube]3kjJ8mP0rG8[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

50th_State_Believer2

I love the song! First time for me to hear it. I don't care for Daft Punk but...this song...because of the MJ likeness....I love it.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Well I don't low what to think about this song but the most I listen to it the most I think Michael is singing there, if you try the vid below they say Michael appears when accelerating that song + if you look at the pic has some similarities with Thriller album cover, now who is behind that helmet?? ➜ Random Access Memories??

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
read the description below the video, the song has been edited by someone to make it sound like  MJ. 

So I found out just by pitch shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.

But truth is, those MJ audio clips have been added from songs like 'Another Part Of Me'. 

this is the official audio released by Daft Punk's youtube account : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

and this does not have MJ audio.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

read the description below the video, the song has been edited by someone to make it sound like  MJ.

So I found out just by pitch shifting Get Lucky, the track sounds a lot like Michael Jackson. The "He-hee's", "Woo's" , "shamonas" and other MJ sounds developed on their own when the track sped up.

But truth is, those MJ audio clips have been added from songs like 'Another Part Of Me'.

this is the official audio released by Daft Punk's youtube account : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

and this does not have MJ audio.

yep. ur def right abt that. the music and album cover inspired by MJ but the "MJ" sounds are mixed in on a remix. not the original
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Daft Punk is an interesting group...signed with Sony, apparently in the Spring? 

"...In January 2013, de Homem-Christo revealed that Daft Punk was in the process of signing with Sony Music Entertainment through the Columbia Records label, and that the album would have a spring release.[57] A report from The Guardian followed specifying a release date of May 2013.[58] On February 28, Daft Punk's official website and Facebook page featured a picture of the duo's helmets, with a "Columbia" logo in the corner, to announce the Columbia signing.[59] On March 2, a fifteen-second television advertisement aired during the Saturday Night Live program—it depicted an animated, stylized version of the band's logo and the aforementioned image of the helmets.[60] On March 23, a pre-order page for the new album appeared on iTunes and this was the first time that the title Random Access Memories was revealed, together with a release date of May 21, 2013.[61] The official website for the album and an updated television advertisement were also unveiled.[62] On April 3, the official album website launched The Collaborators, a series of 16mm documentary videos about the album.[63]......"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Thriller4ever thanks I read the description below the vid before posting it here.

Because I am having problems to post just please refer to the below link and check it out I hope it does work:

Check the lyrics:

Fharrell: musical genius who CAN sing very well, plus he has sex appeal
Pharrell's band N.E.R.D. (No one Ever Really Dies) is straight ill

Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:17:30 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

Daft Punk is an old french group. The interesting fact about them is that noone ever saw their face. They are among the most famous, and yet almost anonymous. When the single was out, i really thought there was some MJ spirit in the title graphics and in the music itself. Why do this 4 years after ? Everything sounds MJ on this song.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

MJonmind

Here's the video showing the band singing/playing. Its cool!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0[/youtube]

Reminds me of MJ!! :icon_e_biggrin:

Song seems to be playing every couple of hours on the radio, at least today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankieTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Thanks for sharing MJonmind   :bearhug:

Really reminds Michael  :icon_razz: :moonwalk_: :icon_bounce:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Listen... Seems really Mike !!  ???

Daft Punk’s New Single Totally Sounds Like a Michael Jackson Disco Jam
Eliot Van Buskirk - Evolver.fm
Fans of forward-looking music have at least two things to be excited about this spring: new albums from Boards of Canada (which is teasing fans with the rarest vinyl released this year) and Daft Punk, whose Random Access Memories is set for a May 20th release.

On Friday, Daft Punk dropped the "Get Lucky" single on Spotify, breaking the company's internal record for the most streams of a single on its release day. Spotify did not divulge how many streams that was, other than that "Get Lucky" broke the record.

You can listen to that above. Once released, the single became weirdly intermingled with the late Michael Jackson in strange ways.

First, people began noticing that "Get Lucky" sounds a bit like a long-lost Michael Jackson disco track, which, sure, it does. Fine.

Main Ixed took that suggestion to heart, pitch-shifting the single so that Pharell's vocals fall into Jackson's range, and pairing it with footage of Jackson, along with a few of his trademark "whoo!" and "ow!" exhortations:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SkCn-iWLiSE[/youtube]

The disco loving duo also bonded over their mutual love of Michael Jackson, with Thomas picking ‘Thriller’ as the record which changed his life.

He added:

”Everything about it – the music video, the packaging, the whole thing. I remember having the video cassette with the music video, the Motown anniversary where he does the moonwalk, and the documentary by Michael Landis where you see Michael Jackson in make-up, it’s my favorite.”

Daft Punk have been saying for years that they are MJ stans. Another reason to love them!  :icon_lol: Last month Pharrell said something very intresting about Michael's height  :animal0017:,but that it's another subject  :icon_geek: and I will make a post soon  ;) .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You've got me very curious Applehead.  Waiting for your post about Michael's height.........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interesting Applehead. MJ IS capable of anything.

Meanwhile I think this is interesting, yes old, from 2010 in fact. But still interesting. Janet sounding like Michael to the point some thought she was lip synching to MJs voice...

Interesting.

I am sure he has his mark on several musical pieces since 09.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal