You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rumored use of Michael Jackson body doubles could be raised in trial, sources say

In the months before and after Michael Jackson's sudden death in 2009, rumors ran rampant that body doubles were being used in an effort to disguise the King of Pop’s ailing health. Now sources connected to the ongoing $40 billion wrongful death suit filed by the Jackson family against AEG tell FOX411’s Pop Tarts column the body double reports will likely be dug back up as the case heads to trial.

An insider tells FOX411 that Jackson had strong incentive to ensure he fulfilled his commitments to AEG, as he agreed to do the “This Is It” tour “out of sheer desperation” for fresh funds. Jackson knew if he didn’t fulfill his contractual obligations, he would be forced to pay back the $30 million in advance money and possibly forfeit his share of his prized Beatles catalogue, the source said.

Speculation over just how able he was to take the stage first surfaced in March 2009, with some speculating he was so far from ready, a body double was needed in his place.

About three months before his death, several spectators and critics started to question whether the jittery figure donning aviator shades and a sparkly jacket while appearing before the masses at the massive tour announcement press conference inside London’s O2 Arena was Jackson, or an impersonator.

“It just didn’t seem to be Michael. He was very thin, yet this ‘Michael’ was stronger, had a bigger head and always wore a wig. This London version of Michael also had much bigger hands,” a source connected to the Jackson family said, based on her personal knowledge of the entertainer.

Similar questions over Jackson’s health and real identity raced across the Internet, with many also suggesting that the awkward, almost macho stride of Jackson heading into the arena was a far cry from his normally soft-footed walk, and that even his chin looked off.

“In my opinion, the man in the clip isn’t Michael Jackson; it’s a man posing as Michael Jackson. The (apparent) body double’s walk is cockier and had more bounce than MJ’s typical stride,” explained Bianca Cobb, a senior instructor at the Body Language Institute. “Michael had a less confident walk with smaller strides and less pep. He also tended to walk with his head down, and deflected attention. The seemingly double spoke more confidently by projecting his voice more and was also a bit deeper. Michael tended to have a softer and lower tone of voice which didn’t project across the room.”

Cobb also pointed out that Jackson had straighter teeth than what was evident during the conference, and the alleged double’s chin – although containing a cleft – was overall more tapered, and that Michael’s upper lip didn’t elevate as much as the alleged double’s upper lip at full smile.

“The apparent double’s smile had a lift on the side which is the commisures,” she told us. (The commisures is where the upper and lower lip meet.) “MJ’s smile was flatter than the (person at the conference) as their smile was more arched.”

Another source, who worked closely with the star across his career, wasn’t convinced it was him, but wasn’t convinced it wasn’t him either.

“There are inflections in his voice that sound true to me. His lower voice I have not heard and yet, within them, I recognize his voice. But this is not an easy call,” the insider said. “The walk is something I have never experienced. His lower voice I have not heard yet, so these things make me wonder.”

Officials at the arena, as well as the Jackson camp, vehemently denied that it was anybody but the real deal at that conference, and another source close to Jackson assured us it was him. Well, at least him on something.

“There is no question it was Michael. The gangster walk was really him. The problem is that he was heavily intoxicated during this press conference, which ironically, is one of the things I believe will be an exhibit during this trial,” said the insider. “He was drinking heavily and extremely high on at least a couple of substances. Even when Joseph (Jackson, father) saw the press conference he became concerned. In fact, that was about the same time Michael began calling his dad again seeking ‘protection.”

And by “protection” we’re told Michael kept saying that people were “after him” and his catalogue he was paranoid that everyone he came in contact with was trying to kill him.

And these aren't the only body double allegations potentially slated to be raised during the trial. Just four months after Jackson’s passing, the rumors resurfaced when Columbia Pictures released the “This Is It” documentary, chronicling the King of Pop’s rehearsals for the sold-out “This is It” tour, which was scheduled to begin just a few weeks after he died. Many speculated that Jackson doubles – a dime in a dozen in Hollywood – were used to fill gaps in the film. Such claims were only perpetuated after Joe Jackson declared that it was “mostly body doubles.” However, the film’s distributor was quick to shoot down the widespread accusations.

“This story is pure garbage and there are no body doubles… Every time they see the King of Pop they will know that every frame is unquestionably and undeniably Michael as he rehearses and prepares for the London concerts that were to have begun this past summer,” stated Steve Elzer, Senior Vice President of Media Relations at Sony Pictures, at the time.

Others close to the star aren’t quite so confident.

“The doubles or stand-ins were used in rehearsal footage we saw in ‘This is It,’” argued a Jackson insider. “Look specifically at the performances of ‘Human Nature’ and ‘Thriller’ in the film, there are others too... The lips are off with the words and the real person doing the dancing requires much too much effort. MJ was effort-less and this stand in was obviously good, but not MJ good by any stretch.”

And don’t expect either side to play nice in this intense trial, which comes almost four years after Jackson’s death.

“AEG is coming in with guns blazing. They are intent on bringing up everything including the child molestation, and will attempt to embarrass Michael and the Jackson family,” added our source.

Lawyers for AEG and the Jackson family did not respond to a request for comment.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

No, the teeth are an exact match.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

Oh gosh, I had to laugh reading this - it's as if they've picked up on all the points that have been discussed here over the years!  It was like reading a forum post!

Ooh, just had a thought - easy to solve this. All they have to do is find all these MJ doubles and call them to the witness stand to clear it up once and for all!!  Ha Ha! (My tongue is very firmly in my cheek while suggesting this!!)
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:18:46 PM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Oh wow, this is awesome!  Just when you think this trial couldn't get any hoaxier...and it hasn't even started yet!  It really does seem like the last 4 years are coming full circle, like the trial will be a condensed version but answering all the speculations, maybe.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh gosh, I had to laugh reading this - it's as if they've picked up on all the points that have been discussed here over the years!  It was like reading a forum post!

This is what I was thinking when I read the article.  Why would any media outlet take so much time and write about so many differences, comparisons in such detail???  I mean so many little details like this one:

“The apparent double’s smile had a lift on the side which is the commisures,” she told us. (The commisures is where the upper and lower lip meet.) “MJ’s smile was flatter than the (person at the conference) as their smile was more arched.”

It seems that every little question, misconception and misunderstanding that was out there about Michael
for so many years, is now coming out in the open to be explained, cleared up and understood by the whole world in a very public and up in your face way.
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:22:13 PM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

I agree, those analyses and comparisons look familiar, discussed many times here. Though, interesting that they are brought up in the media just before trial creating speculations, controversies and curiousity, getting attention to this trial   :ghsdf:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

“AEG is coming in with guns blazing. They are intent on bringing up everything including the child molestation, and will attempt to embarrass Michael and the Jackson family,” added our source.

Reminds me of the pics TMZ said Prince's 'guns' (arms) were blazing!

Curls
All they have to do is find all these MJ doubles and call them to the witness stand to clear it up once and for all!!
Of all the many we've seen, none come close to looking like MJ or his dance moves, though some are good like Sofur.
I'm starting to wonder since doubles in TII to cover for MJ's frailty are being brought up, then perhaps the concept of a double dying in MJ's bed will be the crowning full circle for the media and lawyers to bring up! Viewers of a movie are led to believe things often before the actors in the movie are scripted to 'see' things, hence the basis for the plot.  I hate it when in a movie, someone does something so incredibly stupid or just doesn't get what is so obvious.  If it's too stupid it turns you off from watching the movie, but if it's just enough to be believable, then it makes the movie great!  I think MJ's got it just right for the tension in this 'movie'!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Exactly MJonmind. just who are these doubles (not to be confused with impersonators)  who supposedly took MJ's place at O2 and TII? Why has no-one ever named anyone specific, no-one has ever come forward or been 'outed' as a specific 'MJ'?  If these 'sources' genuinely had info then this is another example of stop with these mysterious 'I know something but I'm not telling' stories and get on with telling the authorities.
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:20:23 PM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Wonderful news, thanks for sharing hachiman  :icon_razz: :icon_bounce:!!!
And continuing to think that behind all there  is ,of course, Michael, this is a his  clue to confirm us that we have always had reason to say that it is all a hoax  :icon_bounce:.....just read between the lines  :icon_e_wink: :michael-jackson: and Mike in these 4 years
taught us how to do it right !!  :moonwalk_: :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
No, the teeth are an exact match.

Indeed, O2 guy was no one but MJ no doubt of it, he was impersonating himself and once more pretending to be high or drugged, drunk or just weird.

How can someone/something embarrass somebody who is dead?!?!?!?!? :icon_eek:

Btw thanks for sharing hachiman, this article makes me think that this is the most hoaxy hoax of all hoaxes   :icon_lol:
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:57:54 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
If "AEG is coming in with guns blazing" I wonder why no real MJ demanded during rehearsals?
judgment will be merciless, too bad we can not watch live, almost there and still not know that journalists will have a place in the room
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away

Oh wow, this is awesome!  Just when you think this trial couldn't get any hoaxier...and it hasn't even started yet!  It really does seem like the last 4 years are coming full circle, like the trial will be a condensed version but answering all the speculations, maybe.

Yeah Andrea, I think this article is the "hoaxiest" one yet.   :LolLolLolLol: 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

~Souza~

Thank God it's just a body double, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling

Reminds me of the pics TMZ said Prince's 'guns' (arms) were blazing!

Reminds me too of how someone ( I think it was the former chef) stated that the music for "Magnificent Seven" was always playing in the background in the Carolwood house.  :animal0017:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA[/youtube]
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:08:04 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Snoopy71, awsome recall! Magnificant 7 indeed!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions