No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

By Jeff Gottlieb
April 19, 2013, 4:03 p.m.
A Superior Court judge is poised to decide whether some records of Michael Jackson’s finances and medical history should be kept out of public view during a trial over the singer’s 2009 death.

Jury selection in the wrongful death case began April 2 and is likely to last at least another week, according to attorneys. But the fate of the confidential documents is expected to surface early next week.

The wrongful death suit, filed by Jackson’s mother and three children, accused entertainment powerhouse Anschutz Entertainment Group of hiring and controlling the Las Vegas physician who gave Jackson a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol in the days before he was set to begin a series of comeback shows in London.

AEG contends that it was Jackson who brought Dr. Conrad Murray aboard, while the firm had planned to retain an English doctor.

Jackson’s estate, which is not a party to the wrongful death suit, is requesting that certain portions of the confidential records be shown only to the judge, witnesses, attorneys and the jury. If granted, the motion would keep some of the documents from being made public.

Attorneys for the estate also intend to look at the witness lists and depositions from experts to try to show which materials it wants to remain closely held.

Meanwhile, jury selection continued Friday and Kevin Boyle, one of the Jacksons’ attorneys, estimated that opening arguments would begin about April 29. The trial is expected to last four months.

Attorneys can remove as many potential jurors as they want if they can convince the judge they are biased. In addition, each side is allowed eight peremptory challenges, meaning they can remove a juror for almost any reason.  Each side is allowed another five peremptory challenges for alternates. Twelve jurors and five alternates will be selected.

Another hearing next week will be held on AEG’s challenge to some of the Jacksons' expert witnesses, Boyle said.

Jackson died in 2009, two weeks before his "This Is It" series of concerts was scheduled to start.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Jackson’s estate, which is not a party to the wrongful death suit, is requesting that certain portions of the confidential records be shown only to the judge, witnesses, attorneys and the jury. If granted, the motion would keep some of the documents from being made public.

I hope this request will be granted in respect to privacy rights, though I doubt that information from confidential records can be kept from being made public because I suppose that some info would be presented during trial and unfortunately there will be 10 reporters present too. I guess they can't wait to report this confidential info publicly :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

paula-c

It is a wrongful death suit, what have that view these documents?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

everlastinglove_MJ

Attorneys can remove as many potential jurors as they want if they can convince the judge they are biased. In addition, each side is allowed eight peremptory challenges, meaning they can remove a juror for almost any reason.  Each side is allowed another five peremptory challenges for alternates. Twelve jurors and five alternates will be selected.

Does this mean that an attorney on AEG side can remove a juror who's showing too much bias in favour of Jackson's side and vice versa? If so.. it's gonna be quite a battle lol, will there be any juror left?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Andrea

Not sure if any of these records will be revealed but really, what's to say they're at all legit?  We've seen other fake documents with this hoax.  Not to mention the "autopsy" photo. If any records are shown, I think it will be at Michael's command.   Who knows, maybe there is something he wants people to see.  Plus it's controversial. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

I hope this request will be granted in respect to privacy rights, though I doubt that information from confidential records can be kept from being made public because I suppose that some info would be presented during trial and unfortunately there will be 10 reporters present too. I guess they can't wait to report this confidential info publicly :(

I think, as always, Miichael is behind all.....   :ghsdf:   so also for this thing there is  a reason  :ghsdf:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

I think, as always, Miichael is behind all.....   :ghsdf:   so also for this thing there is  a reason  :ghsdf:

+1
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

MJonmind

I think we've been shown a boat-load of hoax documents -- medical, legal, contractual, financial, while the real ones are kept from public knowledge. These keep everyone running in circles trying to figure things out, while MJ observes.
 :michael_jackson-1135:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I think we've been shown a boat-load of hoax documents -- medical, legal, contractual, financial, while the real ones are kept from public knowledge. These keep everyone running in circles trying to figure things out, while MJ observes.
 :michael_jackson-1135:

Many times, I have felt like Dutch here, LOL:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1ceWinU-E[/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Back to the main topic here.....a judge to decide about the financial and medical records.  There are still HIPPA laws in place for dead people.  If anyone is going to reveal medical records,
they need to have proper consent.  Who might that be?  The estate? Family? Who and why would they ever want these records released?  I believe we have already seen a plethora of HIPPA
violations with regards to medical records.  Interesting to watch what will happen though...........
Here's an article about HIPPA and the deceased:

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions