sweetsunsetwithMJTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
DID BEYONCE HAVE BLUE IVY? IS ELVIS ALIVE? 'CULT' STARS PONDER POP CULTURE CONSPIRACIES
By: Jean Bentley

If you ask Matt Davis, Michael Jackson is still alive and well. Davis — the star of The CW's brand new mystery series, Cult, about a reporter who teams up with a television assistant to investigate the crazy-obsessive fans surrounding a TV show after his brother, a superfan, disappears — loves a good conspiracy theory.

"As much as I would love for Elvis to be alive — I love Elvis — at this point unfortunately I think that Elvis is dead. I do believe, however, that Michael Jackson is still alive," Davis tells Hollywood.com. "I believe he is probably dressed in a burka somewhere in the Middle East. I firmly believe that. I believe he's walking around somewhere with a head scarf covering his face, probably living in some sheikh's palace just disconnected from the whole world. That's what I hope. I love Michael Jackson. I miss him."

RELATED: 'Cult' Stars on Their Confusing New Show

The plot of Cult was a secret even to its stars, who didn't find out what was happening until their scripts for the next episode were delivered. "As every script came out, it was like 'Oh, really?' Every episode was a surprise," star Jessica Lucas, who plays Skye, a television assistant who teams up Davis' Jeff to uncover the truth surrounding the mystery of the show-within-the-show. Cult is a boon for conspiracy theorists, who will have plenty of clues to unravel as the season progresses.

Since The CW is still keeping the show's plot close to the vest, Hollywood.com decided to take another path and quiz the Cult stars on their favorite pop culture conspiracy theories.

Davis, Lucas, and Robert Knepper, who plays creepy cult leader Billy Grimm (and the actor behind him, Roger), seem aligned on the Elvis issue. Knepper says after bonding with a security guard during a trip to Graceland, he's of the mind that Elvis is dead. "Oh, I know he's in there because my sister was in the emergency room when they brought him in and he was deader than a doorknob," Knepper says the guard told him when they chatted about Elvis' grave. "As far as that theory goes, I'm pretty sure he's dead because I trust that guard," he says.

RELATED: The CW Premieres 'Cult' — Could You Get Hooked?

Lucas is a skeptic about most things. "I am the most realistic person, so I have to see it to believe it. You're going to have to show me that Elvis isn't gone, that they're actually alive for me to believe it," she says. "I wish Tupac were still alive because I love him!"

What about the most recent Hollywood conspiracy theory: that Beyonce (a member of the Illuminati?) didn't actually carry daughter Blue Ivy , but a surrogate did. "I saw that tape too, of her belly looking like it caved in, but no! I would've been much more inclined to believe that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes didn't actually have Suri or something, but I don't believe that Beyonce didn't [have Blue Ivy]," Lucas says.

Color Davis surprised that it was even a question. "What?! Oh good lord, I hadn't heard that one! I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, the Illuminati will stop at nothing to deceive people, even if it means Beyonce didn't really have a baby. That's what I'm convinced — the sole purpose of the Illuminati is not global control, it's just to deceive people. It's just to give people conspiracies to talk about. So thank you, Illuminati, for another one, which is Beyonce didn't really have Blue Ivy. I didn't know that. Can't wait to spread that one."

RELATED: What Are Pop Culture's Biggest Conspiracies?

Davis is more certain about Suri's parentage. "That Suri kid is so beautiful, and to me looks just like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, so I'm sorry. They had that baby."
Cult airs Tuesdays at 9 PM ET/PT on The CW.

Follow Jean on Twitter @hijean

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:26:42 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

paula-c

I also believe it, but I do not believe that he is in a palace with a sheikh :icon_mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
sweetsunset thanks, I like how slowly the people and the media are being encouraged to talk about things that did not, it hurts to do so, mention the crazy-obsessive fans, when in fact what they think.  :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

We'll see how the media are going to ridicule conspiracy theories
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

We'll see how the media are going to ridicule conspiracy theories

Im sure some of the media have invested interest in keeping thing secret. The media probably has to ridcule conspiracy theories.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I just love how they are talking about it........will be interesting to see what the response will be from others in the media.....
if anyone picks up on it.........lol, not holding my breath!

Blessings!

PS> thanks Sweetsunset for posting this here : )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

This guy Matt is correct about Michael being alive but his theory doesn't really help anyone understand why MJ would fake his death, he makes it sound almost as though it was done for selfish reasons.  Not that Michael owes anyone anything but there is no "awareness" raised with what Matt said, apart from maybe making people question whether Michael is actually alive or not.

What I'm wondering is if Michael is waiting for, and wanting, for more and more to be aware that he is alive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:thjajaja121: I love this guy who ever he is.  He’s got guts enough to speak what he believes.  I’m with you Matt.  He is somewhere out there enjoying his new found freedom to be left alone, not hounded, and hopefully in love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Spoken.......spoken....... :icon_mrgreen: :compute:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

MJonmind

I usually find that when the media takes an interest in ‘Conspiracy theories’, they scoff at it even vilify those who support them, or put out all kinds of conspiracy misinformation to lead far away from truth, as in muddy the waters so the truth still remains hidden.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HEY like Michael would say! "Finally I got their attention! just what I wanted" he said this in the interview with LMP and I can see HISTORY repeating it's self! again.
Michael is and always will be with us! No matter what you think can't take that away from him!

The Media is going for it again! Michael is making money for everyone!? Is that part of a plan!? Is the Media control by Michael or his Ghost!?  No matter what your feelings or what you believe in! there is still time, for all this adventure to come ALIVE!

Media are now coming around to the way of thinking that " Behind the Mask" could be a story of TRUTH! It's only a matter of time!

WE have forever  but lets see what happens on 26th June 2013! YES THE 4 YEARS WILL BE UP BY THEN!

BELIEVE IN THE IMPOSSIBLE AND FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

shorty

Hey jadz
I agree with you tatally.......
and I like the way you think.
Thank you....and I believe......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson still alive?
By Michael Green Washington

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Jadz, i agree with what you wrote  :icon_e_smile:

especially this part:

Media are now coming around to the way of thinking that " Behind the Mask" could be a story of TRUTH! It's only a matter of time!

and thanks ashprak and sweetsun for posting those articles, which seems to indicate that media start to wonder about and pay more attention to the controversial news concerning MJ's 'death' and a possible hoax. I hope there will be more of those articles, just to let people start and keep them wondering and thinking "what IF..." :icon_eek: :icon_idea:

LOVE
Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:26:05 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

Jadz29858, love your post!
Ashprak247, I guess that site does satire.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions