~Souza~Topic starter

TMZ Full Recap Part 45 - January 2013
January 30, 2013, 04:50:38 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1/4/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

$55,000 ... that's how much it took for the chick from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Ola Ray settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year, and now we know what for ... $55,000 to Ola ... and $20,000 to her lawyer.

Ola originally filed the suit against MJ and his production company in May 2009 -- a month before Jackson passed away -- claiming breach of contract. Ola said she was still owed a massive chunk of the "Thriller" profits ... nearly 30 years after it was released.

The director of the music video John Landis -- who filed a similar lawsuit against the estate -- has also settled ... but he wanted in excess of $2 million, so we're guessing he got a little more than Ola.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sOnqjkJTMaA[/youtube]

1/6/2013 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Michael Jackson's personal assistant covered a bunch of expenses while the King of Pop was living in Vegas.  Now, three years later, he's finally getting around to demanding payment.

Michael Amir Williams filed a creditor's claim with the Michael Jackson Estate, claiming he's still out $28,569.83.  Among the items listed -- an $11K power bill, a $13K vehicle lease and almost $1K in phone bills.

As for why he took so long to file the claim, it's a little unclear -- Jacko kicked the bucket back in June 2009 ... and most everyone else filed their claims years ago.  In fact, he may have missed the filing deadline by a long shot.

Williams also filed a class action suit against AEG recently ... which AEG didn't really appreciate.

1/17/2013 2:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

BREAKING NEWS

Dr. Arnie Klein -- Michael Jackson's famed dermatologist -- has just taken credit for fathering MJ's son Prince Jackson ... sort of.

Klein posted the cryptic picture on his Facebook profile yesterday, showing Prince side-by-side with an old photo of Klein when he was younger -- presumably to show the resemblance.

Under the photo, Klein wrote the caption, "hmmmmm" -- a wink at people who've been saying for years that Klein provided the sperm that fathered Prince and Paris.

You'll recall, Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe gave birth to Prince in 1997, and daughter Paris the year after. MJ's third child Blanket was born to an anonymous surrogate in 2002.

Debbie was Arnie's medical assistant back when Michael was a patient -- but she's never spoken publicly about the identity of the father.

Arnie has previously denied being the dad, telling Diane Sawyer, "To the best of my knowledge, I am not the father of these children."

So we gotta ask ...

Arnie's the dad
Yes   81%
No    19%
Total Votes: 110,030

1/20/2013 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Katherine Jackson is reaching out to the man who killed her son because she needs him badly for something ... TMZ has learned.

Katherine is in the throes of a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG, claiming the company negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray and failed to properly supervise him.

Here's the problem.  She needs Murray on the record, explaining how the arrangement went down, so she's subpoenaed the jailed Doc. Katherine wants Murray to acknowledge AEG masterminded the plan to bring him on board.

It's ironic, to say the least, but Katherine is dealing with some bad options. She can go after Murray, but he doesn't have a pot to piss in. Or, she can try to bring him into the fold in order to go after the deep pockets -- AEG.

Now the real problem -- Murray's not cooperating. His lawyers, Valerie Wass and J. Michael Flanagan, are fighting the subpoena, trying to get it tossed on technical grounds.

So Katherine can persist ... and a judge could order Murray to tell all. But she doesn't want to unnecessarily antagonize the Doc, because a hostile witness is often a bad witness.

1/22/2013 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Conrad Murray went from star prisoner to star witness at the L.A. County Jail today ... when a FIGHT broke out between his lawyers during a jailhouse visit ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Murray tell us ... Murray had been complaining about pain in his right arm and shoulder for the past couple of days ... and today, two of his attorneys (who are each working on different cases) raced down to the jail to check in on The Doc.

The first to arrive was J. Michael Flanagan -- who reps Murray in all matters relating to the Michael Jackson manslaughter case. JMF arrived with his 30-year-old son Ryan, who's also a lawyer but isn't working on the Murray case.

After the Flanagans began to visit with Murray in the jail, Murray's other attorney, Valerie Wass, showed up. Wass reps Murray in all matters relating to the California Medical Board and the appeal of his criminal conviction.

According to our sources, Wass claims she tried to enter the visitation room to speak to Murray, but was physically blocked -- and pushed -- by Ryan. Wass claims Ryan and his dad proceeded to shout at her until they left. 

We're told Valerie eventually got to meet with Murray --and immediately afterward, she filed a battery report against Ryan.

As for The Doc, one source tells us Murray witnessed the whole thing -- and if there's an investigation, he could play a key role in the case.

Stay tuned ...

Jail has broken Dr. Conrad Murray ... physically and mentally ... this according to The Doc himself, who's been calling everyone he knows HYSTERICALLY CRYING and complaining that he's in "constant pain."

TMZ has obtained one of the voicemails Murray recently left for a friend ... in which he sobs uncontrollably and begs for someone to save him.

During the message, Murray says, "I can't sleep now ... it's very hard ... I'm in constant pain ... can someone please help me please!?"

Ironic, since sleep trouble is why he's in jail in the first place -- only it was Michael Jackson who couldn't catch some zzzzs.

Murray says he's been crippled by a devastating shoulder injury -- "I can't use my hands anymore ... I have no more use of my arms."

The Doc says he's been calling everyone he knows for help -- but no one picked up. 

Murray pleads to his friend to call Sheriff Baca for help -- "Ask him to please see me, maybe he don't know what happens in here."

FYI -- Murray is scheduled to be released by the end of the year, but Sheriff Baca could release him into home confinement before then ... if he feels like it.

Free Murray
No   74%
Yes  26%
Total Votes: 64,864

1/24/2013 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Tom Mesereau -- the lawyer who successfully defended Michael Jackson in the singer's 2005 molestation trial -- literally could not stand to listen to Conrad Murray's desperate voicemail yesterday ... telling TMZ, "This man is despicable."

Tom was out in L.A. when we played the recording for him, and after just a minute, Tom turned it off with a disgusted look on his face ... saying, "I can't listen to any more of this."

Tom then tore into Conrad Murray over his desperate pleas for sympathy -- saying, "This man is despicable. This man has never taken responsibility for what he did to Michael Jackson. He's always been a blamer. He blames Michael Jackson for everything."

Tom added, "[Conrad] wants everyone to feel sorry for his situation. He caused the death of one of the greatest artists in world history ... a kind, decent, wonderful, nice person. He caused his death and he's never taken responsibility for it."

TMZ posted the voicemail recording yesterday morning, in which Murray pleads with a friend to save him from jail -- saying, "I can't sleep now ... it's very hard ... I'm in constant pain ... can someone please help me please!?"

1/24/2013 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Michael Jackson's now-bankrupt former dermatologist Dr. Arnie Klein -- who fueled the singer with mass quantities of dangerous drugs -- has now been named in another sprawling drug controversy ... this time involving potentially dangerous Botox imported from foreign countries.

The FDA has issued a notification to more than 350 medical practices across the U.S. -- claiming they may have received unapproved meds, including Botox, from a foreign supplier -- and one of the docs on the giant list is none other than Arnie.

The suppliers in question are owned and operated by a company called Canada Drugs, though it's unclear where the drugs are manufactured.

According to the FDA, "These medications may be counterfeit, contaminated, improperly stored and transported, ineffective, and/or unsafe."

The notice continues, "Medical practices that purchase and administer illegal and unapproved medications from foreign sources are placing patients at risk."

But then again, Danger is Arnie's middle name ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions