Rob Smith Jr.
December 27, 2009, 11:08:50 PM

Some of you may have seen that picture before, I know I've seen it about a dozen times before I thought anything of it.
Allot of people look at it, smirk a bit, and never think twice.

But finaly it came too me, 2 very important questions:

1. Who
and
2. Why

So I looked at the photo, and at the bottom right hand corner it was signed "Rob Smith Jr." So I Googled the guy.

Rob Smith Jr. is an artist. Here is some info on him right from his website

"For nearly 30 years, Rob Smith, Jr. has delighted audiences with his insightful caricatures, editorial cartoons, and colorful illustrations. As a popular entertainer, he brings a high-energy WOW! to your event, drawing caricatures with blazing speed and accuracy while a crowd gathers to laugh at the next punch line.

Rob is a member of the National Cartoonists Society (NCS), for which he serves as Education Chair and as Florida Chapter vice-chair. Rob is also a member of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists (AAEC), and the International Society of Caricature Artists (ISCA), and his editorial cartoons are featured on the Glenn Beck Program website."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How does Rob Smith Jr. fit into the hoax?
That picture I posted at the top of the post. That (to me) raised allot of suspicion towards the guy. So I sent him an email asking him about it.

This is the responce I got:

"Diana!

Jackson is such an iconic individual I thought we would find more people questioning if he actually had died. He had the means, ability and the fascination of questions of whether Walt Disney is being kept in ice.

The question of the death of a celebrity has occurred in the past. Most notably with Elvis Pressley. It was not that long ago that the tabloids had sightings of Elvis. The difference between now and then is that in 1977 there wasn't the probing of the media and the instantaneous abiulity to report goings on. I guess with the immediatcy of things all accepted his death. Though I believe somewhere down the road individuals will appear questioning if he had died and reports of sightings will be reported.

Rob"

But honestly, I wasn't happy with that. It didn't really tell me anything. So, I went to his twitter page and started reading his tweets all the way to June 09. Then I found what I was looking for! June 27th (I believe, give or take a day) he tweeted this link.

Ill just quote what I found important.

"The reason: As rumors of Elvis still being alive abounded in the early ’80s, I was hearing all of these odd stories of Michael Jackson. I had also heard the idea of Walt Disney being encased in ice. Who would or could pull off such an act? Someone with a lot of money, friends and a vivid imagination. From what I hear about Jackson, and the impressions when I got to meet him twice, was that Jackson was just the sort to pull such a gag. I watched as he shut down amusement parks just so he could be a customer. I heard the stories of his Neverland Ranch and his fascination with everything childlike. His glove fixation and recreating his skin tone. Reality is something he visited but didn’t dwell.

Since the early ’80s I’ve thought that if Jackson was ever to die early, that I might not believe it"

Then he writes that "he probably has died but...." blah blah blah.

I don't believe Rob Smith is in on the hoax. I don't believe he knows about it but he states that he has met Michael twice. He states that the impressions he got led him to believe that Michael could pull off a hoax such as this.

Once I read that I sent Rob anouther email. But, he didnt answer. So then I followed him on twitter and tweeted him asking to answer my email. Considering he has over 3000 followers and he's following over 3000 people himself, I didn't expect him to see it. Nor did I expect him to respond. But he did. I felt special  (he even followed me back)

think it could be useful to ask Rob questions like:

-When/Why did he meet Michael
-Did Michael say anything/act suspicious

It's not too often that you see somebody who met Michael being open to the Hoax idea, there had too of been something to make him feel this way.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Rob Smith Jr.
December 27, 2009, 11:44:24 PM
Diana Jean,

I think this is FANTASTIC.  I have seen this cartoon but didn't think too much into it.  Thank you for having the initiative to correspond to this man.  I think this is VERY promising information.

Keep up the good work. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I am obsessed with a man I have never met, yet, I feel like I have known him forever.

December 28, 2009, 12:11:54 AM
Wow Diana Jean,good work! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jennie

December 28, 2009, 12:20:59 AM
WOW!!!  I'm impressed!!  seriously  :D

Please keep us posted and if you ever come across something you dont wish to post please, please please PM me  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 02:41:09 AM
Awesome! Everyone always says if anyone could pull off a hoax, it would be Michael Jackson!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

December 28, 2009, 03:41:46 AM
Good work I think only michaelcould do this
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

December 28, 2009, 05:05:37 AM
Wow! You're a great investigator.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 05:54:14 AM
diana jean keep on it like a dog with a bone :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lou

December 28, 2009, 07:38:18 AM
Oh, you've got a really good idea! Let us know if you find something more!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 07:46:33 AM
And MJ did love his cartoons...  

This is what has caught me onto the hoax, as this is something MJ could and (maybe would) pull off.  It would be the ultimate prank.  lol
As long as his children and family (like his mom) are in on it and not mourning.... then i am willing to still believe it is possible.

Anyone in the UK here?  The headline of the Sun at Xmas was "Jade Goodys first Xmas without their mom".  And a pic of her mum at her graveside.
I have seen no pictures of the family visiting the grave over Xmas or reports of how the kids are doing which i find a bit odd.  I know Katherine doesnt celebrate Xmas but MJ always put on a big show for his kids at Xmas and i cant imagine the family being so cruel to suddenly pull Xmas this year for those three kids.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

December 28, 2009, 07:47:43 AM
well done dianajean.. thanks for sharing this.. like i've said sooooo many times before some of us arn't as good at finding stuff like others.. like i would have never spotted that or even thought of what you have done in a million years..

so thanks again for sharing.. this is how it should be.. :) *claps hands*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

larab

December 28, 2009, 07:53:35 AM
interesting..good work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 08:03:47 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
And MJ did love his cartoons...  

This is what has caught me onto the hoax, as this is something MJ could and (maybe would) pull off.  It would be the ultimate prank.  lol
As long as his children and family (like his mom) are in on it and not mourning.... then i am willing to still believe it is possible.

Anyone in the UK here?  The headline of the Sun at Xmas was "Jade Goodys first Xmas without their mom".  And a pic of her mum at her graveside.
I have seen no pictures of the family visiting the grave over Xmas or reports of how the kids are doing which i find a bit odd.  I know Katherine doesnt celebrate Xmas but MJ always put on a big show for his kids at Xmas and i cant imagine the family being so cruel to suddenly pull Xmas this year for those three kids.

Im from UK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 09:01:53 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

I got a Google alert about the Jackson's first Christmas without Michael.
Latoya said, they put their beliefs to the back and celebrated Christmas for the first time with decoration and gifts to make the kids as comfortable as possible.
German article: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Haha: I think, they have no source at all and just took this article (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to write something about Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: "Diana Jean"

Am i the only one that kinda thinks that the boy to the right look like a zombie walking...and i just cant help but think about thriller....  :shock:  <=he look like that smiley  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions