everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Michael Jackson fan gets gift from artist's estate

Community Haven resident James Waddell dances to a Micheal Jackson video on Friday. Attorneys from Jackson's estate sent Waddell memorabilia, including a sequined glove, after learning that he was a huge fan.
STAFF PHOTO / DAN WAGNER
 By Gabrielle Russon

Published: Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.

Last Modified: Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.

SARASOTA - James Waddell wears his shiny Michael Jackson glove on his left hand on vacation, at ballgames and practically everywhere else.

So of course Waddell asked for more Jackson music during a Christmas party last month that volunteers threw for him and other developmentally disabled residents at Community Haven.

He got his wish with a Jackson CD.

But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.

The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.

“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.

Waddell was, of course, delighted.

“He's Michael Jackson through and through,” said Kim Clark, a marketing coordinator at the Sarasota facility where Waddell, 46, has lived for 10 years. “Michael just makes him happy.”

On Friday, Waddell put on his curly black wig and a shiny red jacket that still had a No. 44 label from last year's Halloween costume contest.

Waddell showed off his new presents and listened to one of the concert DVDs in his living room.

Then he danced as if nobody was watching.

His feet shuffled on the carpet. He pumped his arms in the air and then shook his gloved left hand.

When Jackson took off his glove and flung it on the video, Waddell did the same.

A few minutes later, Waddell was still dancing as he headed to his job washing dishes at the Community Haven kitchen.NOTEStart

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i love this story :)
Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:51:16 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Jos

:th_bravo: How cool is that ey :)  :smiley_abuv:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We can change the world, He can't do it by himself.

so lovely to read, this warms my heart...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Makes me tear up. In my previous profession I had a mental health client with diability who was like this too, re: MJ. Obsessed and soemthing that just made him happy and smile! I used to greet him as ******* (his name) Jackson - He loved it. He used to bring in his posters and albums for me to look at, all of which I had at home of course. Lol

He was a sweetie.

Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 07:16:37 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
Well done! I love the attitude of the estate, a smiley face for Branca and McClain  :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dear Mr Branca ,

I want gifts too  :icon_mrgreen:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.

The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.

“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.
And Branca said to Katherine, "I am Michael Jackson!"  :icon_lol:
This totally sounds like something MJ would and did do plenty, and does now behind the scenes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

And Branca said to Katherine, "I am Michael Jackson!"  :icon_lol:
This totally sounds like something MJ would and did do plenty, and does now behind the scenes.

could it be a whisper?  trouble is can not a lie be whispered as easily as shouted?  :-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Aww!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Makes me tear up. In my previous profession I had a mental health client with diability who was like this too, re: MJ. Obsessed and soemthing that just made him happy and smile! I used to greet him as ******* (his name) Jackson - He loved it. He used to bring in his posters and albums for me to look at, all of which I had at home of course. Lol

He was a sweetie.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and sweet story, the best thing is to see them happy!  :bearhug:
Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:54:14 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MissG

That was a really nice story to read.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal