Re: TIAI October 27
November 06, 2012, 06:44:24 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i had hoped that we could look at this information not as something that has to be debated but just as something that will help us to have better knowledge of jw faith . as was most likely (i think )also the hope of the poster.

You're welcome Suspicious. Certainly, my point was not to debate, but as you said, sharing knowledge  :icon_e_wink:

@ Ellyd - Perhaps so that it IS possible, but its really not the point. It does beyond a Winter / December issue. Listen to the audio.  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

MJonmind

November 07, 2012, 03:45:53 AM
Aussie
Btw, There are actually 7 JW's at the forum who are regular contributors to the discussion
Well that sounds hoaxy, can’t be a coincidence!  Lol

Thanks for the interesting audio- though I’ll have to come back for the rest of it. What I did hear, I agreed with—and love his accent! Christmas is just the tip of the iceberg for paganism mixed in Christianity.

Just a weird thought, it was interesting that in Sign #6, the first 2 paragraphs end in a Scriptural command to “Watch.” Back always said, “Keep watching”.  And the JW’s publications are the ‘Watch’ tower.

Gwynned
I've found the whole idea of Christmas increasingly distasteful, but it's difficult to not celebrate it without feeling like a 'humbug.'

Agreed, it seems our family are always trying to find creative ways to cope, and somehow get through it as quickly as possible.  The problem is stores, general public, and young children won’t let it be ignored.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

November 08, 2012, 09:25:30 AM
i don't know about the christmas feelings on my part. but one thing i have noticed a while ago that has become more and more intense in my emotions. that is that thanksgiving has just become a passing moment, a reason for food and football. this year i am trying to make thankfulness a main point on my facebook. i have had a few on my friends list join in. someone commented there about the whole month of october being halloween , so i couldn't see why november couldn't be about being thankful.

you know it has  always been  so puzzleing to me that liz would introduce michael to celebrating christmas when she herself converted to be a jew when she married one of her husbands, they don't celebrate christmas either.  :icon_e_confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MJonmind

November 08, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
they don't celebrate christmas either.
But 'they' certainly benefit financially.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
November 08, 2012, 04:51:19 PM
Exactly.
Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:52:07 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

suspicious mind

November 08, 2012, 06:06:07 PM

humm interesting point . i had also wondered why if the jackson family did not celebrate christmas how it was that they cut i think 6 christmas albums.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Dontwalkaway

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Don't let go, I don't wanna walk away
November 08, 2012, 08:01:57 PM
Sometimes people celebrate Christmas because it's a time for family,friends,giving,sharing etc.  It's not really about religion that much any more.  I know Jewish people and others that celebrate it.  They just join in the festivities.  There are also charity events going on that people do such as toys for tots, children's parties/events that give aide to children.  It's not always about religion.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And when that flag blows
There'll be no more wars
And when all calls
I will answer all your prayers"

Chorus from the song "Cry",  Invincible Album

curls

November 09, 2012, 02:48:21 AM
......  i had also wondered why if the jackson family did not celebrate christmas how it was that they cut i think 6 christmas albums.

"Santa Claus is coming to town - oh yeah, Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa Claus is coming to town"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2012, 04:27:24 AM

humm interesting point . i had also wondered why if the jackson family did not celebrate christmas how it was that they cut i think 6 christmas albums.

Well Joe is not has never been a JW and did celebrate Christmas. Katherine and the children didn't. Until they got old enough to make their own religious decisions. However even when they were young and under Katherine's guidance, they lived in a religiously split home. As one parent was of a faith that the other parent wasn't. Therefore things such as the Christmas album amongst kids that supposedly didn't celebrate Christmas, make sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

suspicious mind

November 09, 2012, 07:57:33 AM

Well Joe is not has never been a JW and did celebrate Christmas. Katherine and the children didn't. Until they got old enough to make their own religious decisions. However even when they were young and under Katherine's guidance, they lived in a religiously split home. As one parent was of a faith that the other parent wasn't. Therefore things such as the Christmas album amongst kids that supposedly didn't celebrate Christmas, make sense.

yeah that kind of hit me last night that joe was the one around for contractual stuff and katherine didn't have much say in that probably.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 10, 2012, 03:47:39 PM
I guess that celebrating X-mas is just a tradition to keep up with in order to have "happy" moments with the family. A time for everyone to be nice to each other (or to pretend to be nice  :icon_lol:). It´s party time, isn´t it? :D

Let´s have a reason to give presents to each other with the elbow! Let´s have a reason to meet mother in law and behave as if you like her!  :th_bravo:

Come on folks! X-mas is fun! Decorating the home is cool!

Do people really care when Jesus was born? May be 30 years ago that was a sacred reason, but not now days in our society. Ask children what´s fun with celebrating x-mas! They will tell you that they can´t wait for their iphone 5  :icon_lol:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

shorty

November 10, 2012, 05:27:16 PM

:th_bravo:

Miss G......I agree
x-mas time today for kid`s is only to become the gift`s and than is partytime.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

November 11, 2012, 01:07:08 AM
I guess that celebrating X-mas is just a tradition to keep up with in order to have "happy" moments with the family. A time for everyone to be nice to each other (or to pretend to be nice  :icon_lol:). It´s party time, isn´t it? :D

Let´s have a reason to give presents to each other with the elbow! Let´s have a reason to meet mother in law and behave as if you like her!  :th_bravo:

Do people really care when Jesus was born? May be 30 years ago that was a sacred reason, but not now days in our society. Ask children what´s fun with celebrating x-mas! They will tell you that they can´t wait for their iphone 5  :icon_lol:

I agree Gema. I am not Christian but I've been celebrating Christmas since I was little. I like to sing Christmas Carols. Once, a friend of mine suggested that I should join a choir that sings during Christmas and Easter. When I joined the choir I discovered that not only Christians were singing in it. I enjoyed singing along with other people and we were always rehearsing for Christmas and Easter. I even played on my flute a couple of times in different churches during that time because again, my friends asked me to. It was real fun. But when it comes to my personal belief, well, I don't think Jesus was born on the 25th of December either and Christmas is not sacred for me. But for so many people this time of the year is a special time. It's the time where people share love, when they visit each other, when they think about the others in need. It's a shame not to do the same just because I'm not Christian. I love the "Jingle bells" tune than can be heard every where during Christmas time. I call it: Christmas spirit. It's always fun to have fun with others, no matter what our belief is, as long as we keep it to ourselves and enjoy our time. It happened several times that some texts in some songs were describing certain things that contradict with my beliefs. Well, I didn't sing only those phrase and sang the rest of the songs because the rest was ok for me and I had my fun with the others as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

Adore

November 11, 2012, 03:20:24 AM
Great post, MissG !  :th_bravo: :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NOT scared YET ... just michaelized ...

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
November 11, 2012, 05:23:24 PM

Navidades = El Corte Inglés, me parto contigo kudos para tí , jajajaja!!
LOL you are.......  :Michael_Jackson_dancing_smile ,yes you are right and I love that side of the X-mas very much, ah! and the iPhone 5  :LolLolLolLol:
Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:24:48 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions