MaryKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
 :omg:  lol....I cannot believe this..... :LolLolLolLol: Are they serious?

Vanity Fair Admits To Mistake In Bombshell Michael Jackson Funeral Story
Posted on Oct 15, 2012 @ 06:30AM 

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Vanity Fair is admitting to making a mistake in a story in its October issue in which it claimed Janet Jackson delayed her brother Michael's funeral for several months in a dispute over money, but the magazine's admission will surely not satisfy the Nasty singer, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Janet was accused of delaying her brother Michael's funeral three years ago because she wanted a hefty deposit of $40k returned that she had put down. According to Vanity Fair, which obtained an excerpt of a new biography on the King of Pop by Randall Sullivan, "Janet put up the $40,000 deposit at Forest Lawn to secure a spot for Michael, but refused to let the funeral take place until the money was repaid."

Janet's lawyer demanded a full retraction of the story, and RadarOnline.com has confirmed through multiple sources that the Control singer did not delay Michael's funeral because she demanded repayment of 40k.

Despite that fact, in a surprising turn of events, the magazine told E! News that it stands by its story and asserted that new, just-released records indicate Janet's deposit was actually 49k. "Vanity Fair stands by Randall Sullivan's assertion that Janet Jackson's demand to be reimbursed for her deposit on her brother's burial plot was one of the reasons Michael Jackson's funeral was delayed," the mag told E! News. "Sullivan's sources told him that the amount of the deposit was $40,000, but records released last week indicate that the amount of the deposit was $49,000. Vanity Fair will make that correction on VF.com."

According to an updated story on Vanity Fair's website says, "a previous version of this blog post reported that the amount of Janet's deposit was $40,000. Records released last week indicate that the actual amount was $49,000."

RadarOnline.com thoroughly reviewed court and public records in an attempt to locate the documents Vanity Fair referenced and couldn't find any. When asked to provide the "new documents," Vanity Fair spokesperson said: "I was mistaken. They were not new."

"Janet never attempted to delay Michael's funeral for any reason relating money issues. In fact, Janet never tried to delay it for any reason and wanted the funeral to take place as soon as possible because of the ongoing stress and angst it was causing Katherine and Michael's children," a source close to the situation tells us.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

They just want to know the deal with Michael and Forest Lawn  :LolLolLolLol:  Surely there must be at least one closet believer working for that magazine who probably suspects something isn’t on the up and up.  But if they thought they were going to bully Janet into giving up the goodies, they were in for a major disappointment.  Janet is nobody’s pushover.  The circumstances surrounding that deposit being returned for what ever reason was and is none of their damn business.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

curls

Was an 'official' (i.e. by the Jackson's) reason ever given for why the funeral was delayed for so long?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

I believe that this is a campaign of the Jacksons against tabloids or tabloidish articles and here is the first good result. VF learned her lesson, and I guess more will follow to admit their mistakes or even better to first check facts before publishing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MaryKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
I believe that this is a campaign of the Jacksons against tabloids or tabloidish articles and here is the first good result. VF learned her lesson, and I guess more will follow to admit their mistakes or even better to first check facts before publishing.

I don´t think that this is a good result. They are not withdrawing the story, they just "admit" that the stated amount of money for the deposit wasn´t correct.
That´s why I was like  :LolLolLolLol:
That´s cheeky.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

suspicious mind

Was an 'official' (i.e. by the Jackson's) reason ever given for why the funeral was delayed for so long?

i thought the reason for the delay was they were waiting to ge his brain back from the coronor
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

everlastinglove_MJ

I don´t think that this is a good result. They are not withdrawing the story, they just "admit" that the stated amount of money for the deposit wasn´t correct.
That´s cheeky.

I  :LolLolLolLol: too when I read the article, but still I do think it is in a way a good result, it's a start that VF admits its mistake. Okay, the story hasn't been witdrawn, but I consider this as a progress and more important these articles about the battle between Janet and VF is getting media attention and awareness. At least these are my thoughts about it. :icon_e_smile:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

curls

i thought the reason for the delay was they were waiting to ge his brain back from the coronor

Yes, I remember that 'excuse'. Since when does a coroner keep a grieving family waiting over 2 months - they take samples for testing and release the body asap. Just another strong indication that there was no 'grieving family' or 'body'!

As for the VF admission - what garbage! The 'mistake' they're admitting to is that the deposit was 49k not 40. And that sentence at the end:

"Janet never attempted to delay Michael's funeral for any reason relating money issues. In fact, Janet never tried to delay it for any reason and wanted the funeral to take place as soon as possible because of the ongoing stress and angst it was causing Katherine and Michael's children," a source close to the situation tells us.

So come on 'journalists' - if it wasn't Janet's fault, how about you investigate exactly why the funeral was delayed?! Don't just leave it as 'a source tells us blah, blah, blah....'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I agree.  They don’t need the whole brain.  They get samples ASAP and return the organs to the body.  Don’t they know we watch CSI  :icon_lol:  We’re no idiots by any stretch of the imagination.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

That´s cheeky.

I  :LolLolLolLol: too when I read the article, but still I do think it is in a way a good result, it's a start that VF admits its mistake. Okay, the story hasn't been witdrawn, but I consider this as a progress and more important these articles about the battle between Janet and VF is getting media attention and awareness. At least these are my thoughts about it. :icon_e_smile:

idk this feels more like jackson's drew a line in the sand and vanity fair stepped over it and said SO :icon_pale:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal