You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

VANITY FAIR REFUSES TO RETRACT "DEFAMATORY" ARTICLE ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON'S FAMILY
Charley Rogulewski Posted October 13, 2012

Looks like Janet Jackson isn't going to be able to save her troubles for another day. The "Escapade" singer is piping mad over an article in the November issue of Vanity Fair that paints her as a miserly and selfish sister. So mad, she and her sister LaToya demanded the publication retract the story, titled "Estate Under Siege," but to no avail.

In it's latest issue, the high-end entertainment magazine plugs the new book Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson by Randall Sullivan with an excerpt from the book. In it, the author brings to light the awkward delay in burying Michael Jackson and claims Janet was responsible for the postponement, not allowing the funeral to take place until MJ's estate had reimbursed her for the $40,000 burial-plot deposit she gave to the California cemetery. The article also states that they used a moving truck to remove black plastic bags of cash and duffels full of the late pop icon's belongings from the estate in the hours after his death.

Janet and her lawyers, in a letter sent to Vanity Fair, alleged the story was "outrageous" and "untrue," as well as "replete with additional false and defamatory statements." Along with the retraction, they asked that Vanity Fair send a letter to publications like the New York Daily News and Huffington Post who picked up on the story stating the article was false. But, Vanity Fair had a different response in mind.

"Vanity Fair stands by Randall Sullivan's assertion that Janet Jackson's demand to be reimbursed for her deposit on her brother's burial plot was one of the reasons Michael Jackson's funeral was delayed," they told E! News. "Sullivan's sources told him that the amount of the deposit was $40,000, but records released last week indicate that the amount of the deposit was $49,000. Vanity Fair will make that correction on VF.com."

Ouch. Talk about pouring salt into an open wound.

LaToya's lawyers sent a similar letter. "In the absence of such a prompt retraction," they wrote, "our clients intend to commence legal proceedings to vindicate their reputation."

But the magazine still held their ground firmly, saying they saw "no basis to reconsider what was written."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Andrea

This whole VF thing is an example of the alternate reality the rest of the world is living in, created by Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
We must always remember Michael's words...do not believe everything that the media publish.... :(

And this is another demonstration !!!  :icon_razz: :michael-jackson: :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Is Michael Jackson performing in that pic? he has taped fingers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
Come on...Janet wanted her $40, 000, oops I mean, $49, 000 (7x7  :icon_geek:) deposit for the burial plot back??? Why would they give a deposit back, unless they really didn't need the plot!! :LolLolLolLol: Otherwise, a deposit is usually followed by "Full" payment for the plot that you buy!. And the "PLOT" thickens!!  :LolLolLolLol:

LOVE to all of you!!!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777  :th_bravo: I love the way you think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Janet Jackson suing Vanity Fair over outrageous Michael Jackson burial story

Janet Jackson is angry at Vanity Fair over an article they recently published claiming Michael Jackson’s funeral was delayed due to Janet’s greed. The article insists that Janet demanded that the ceremony not take place until Michael’s estate reimbursed her for the $40K burial-plot deposit she gave to the cemetery, which took close to three months!

Janet has come to expect this crap from tabloids — but NOT from a more reputable source like V.F.! Janet’s lawyer says this story is so “untrue” and completely “outrageous,” adding: “This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson’s strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family.”

The real story (according to Janet) is Michael’s estate reimbursed her for “some of those expenses” a full year after he passed — and that wasn’t even all of the $$$ she threw down for her late brother. She says there were other “private expenses” that she NEVER tried to be repaid for! The Jackson family is demanding the magazine publish a retraction and reach out to any media outlets that based reports on the V.F. article to inform them of the retraction.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

suspicious mind

what kind of ( if any) relationship did michael have with this magazine?  and who is this randy sullivan person?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Thank you for sharing this article. I wonder who Randy Sullivan is too, and how does he know Michael? I also wonder if VF really believes this story is true - why would they be so insistent that RS is right?

On another note - I am curious about the tape on MJ's fingers too. I wonder what that was about?

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MJonmind

I found this blog on 'Disproving Randall Sullivan' and what Janet is claiming.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

so if the girls are intent on this next step is to sue for slander? then magazine must put up or shut , is that the size of it? michael did end up suing a few of these and i think winning correct? sorry only going on memory of what seems like was intergected into a peice of info here and there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

If any of this is true........(big if)
I can't even imagine what it would be like to go through
this....how painful must it be for Janet or any family
member?  It's hard enough to deal with "death things"....
then to be put on the spot like this....
I just don't know what to think anymore.....

LOVE......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions