MaryKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you

La Toya Jackson insists ... she did not raid Michael Jackson's home just hours after his death, pillaging plastic bags filled with cash -- and now, she's threatening to sue a major magazine for saying otherwise.

La Toya has fired off a cease-and-desist letter to Vanity Fair, claiming its recent article entitled "Estate of Siege" is "replete with misstatements of fact, false innuendos, and defamatory insinuations."

According to La Toya's letter, the article falsely claims she showed up at MJ's Carolwood mansion shortly after his death and loaded plastic bags filled with cash into a duffel bag. The VF article goes on to describe La Toya's bf leaving the home in a moving van.

La Toya claims the article describes her visit as a "mad scramble for money" -- strongly insinuating she stole large sums of cash from MJ's house.

According to La Toya ... the allegations are nothing but lies and she wants a full retraction asap.

If Vanity Fair doesn't oblige, La Toya says she'll sue.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

It kind of seems like we're starting to come full circle. First the burial that was delayed 3 months and now the missing cash. Maybe next we'll hear something about the missing security footage. :icon_bounce:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I guess it's La Toya's turn to be the bad Jackson in the media. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
Or maybe it's the media's turn to be sued and to pay for all the LIES and B.S. they have "poured" over this whole family for so  many years!
First Janet officially responds through her lawyer, now La Toya threatens lawsuit ... One-by-one... until the next ONE ... they're all ONE !

eeeeehhhh .... eeeeehhhh ..... eeeeehhh  :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFqKzkPAEzk[/youtube]
Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:42:36 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Andrea

Or maybe it's the media's turn to be sued and to pay for all the LIES and B.S. they have "poured" over this whole family for so  many years!
First Janet officially responds through her lawyer, now La Toya threatens lawsuit ... One-by-one... until the next ONE ... they're all ONE !

Oh definitely there's a lesson to be learned here, I agree! But it does make me wonder exactly WHO is feeding them these lies....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

It kind of seems like we're starting to come full circle. First the burial that was delayed 3 months and now the missing cash. Maybe next we'll hear something about the missing security footage. :icon_bounce:
Now wouldn't that be something!  But there's a hundred more unanswered questions they could chose as well. :icon_lol:
I would sure love it if the hoax story heated up a little again like the old days! :icon_razz:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
Anyone can say what they want, but must face the consequences. But where is the evidence of his statements? no photos? OK then get a lawsuit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

^^ I think we did have photos back in the beginning, certainly of the removal van, not sure about LaToya with bags of cash!  And even if she did, why jump to conclusions that she was stealing it?  Baloney yet again!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

La Toya Jackson demands retraction from Vanity Fair after report that she raided brother Michael Jackson's house for money after his death

Jackson wants mag to retract statement that family was in a 'mad scramble for money' following Michael Jackson's death.
Comments (5)
By Nancy Dillon / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 8:41 PM

Updated: Friday, October 12, 2012, 1:10 AM.

Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic

La Toya Jackson's lawyer sent Vanity Fair a letter saying the glossy mounted a “scurrilous” attack on her and members of her family.

La Toya Jackson says there was no “mad scramble for money” at Michael Jackson’s death mansion – and she wants a retraction from Vanity Fair.

Her lawyer sent editor Graydon Carter a legal letter Wednesday saying the respected glossy mounted a “scurrilous” attack on her and members of her controversial clan when it printed “Estate of Siege” by Randall Sullivan in its November issue.

La Toya claims that contrary to reporting in the high-profile piece, she never “demanded" access to the King of Pop’s rented estate in the hours after his death or stuffed valuables into black plastic garbage bags purportedly removed the next morning by van.

"I'm fighting back because these are outright blatant lies, and I want people to know the truth. I'm taking action towards everyone involved," La Toya told the Daily News as she walked a "pink" carpet with Michael's three kids at the launch of the new Mr. Pink ginseng energy drink.

The article’s “reckless and irresponsible” allegations “resulted in our clients’ reputations being trashed in the international media,” lawyer Stephen Moeller wrote in the letter obtained by The News.

“Demand is hereby made that Vanity Fair and Mr. Sullivan immediately retract the two statements,” the letter  said. "In the absence of such a prompt retraction, our clients intend to commence legal proceedings to vindicate their reputation."

"Vanity Fair has no basis to reconsider what was written," a statement from the magazine said in response.

The piece is  an adaptation of Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," the statement explained.

Sibling Janet Jackson sent a similar strongly worded letter to Vanity Fair earlier this week.

The “Control” singer is disputing another section of the article that states she held her brother’s body hostage for months, delaying his burial while she tried to recoup a deposit she made at the mortuary.

Sullivan's reporting says Janet Jackson put up the original $40,000 deposit at Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries in Glendale, Calif., to secure her brother’s eternal resting place but refused to let the final funeral happen until the money was repaid.

Her purported “wrangling” with estate managers meant Michael Jackson's remains languished in refrigerated storage between his June 2009 death and his early September burial.

“The estate was not involved in those events. I have no idea what took place,” lawyer Howard Weitzman told The News last week.

According to Sullivan's adaptation, La Toya and her boyfriend, Jeffre Phillips, arrived at Michael’s house shortly after his mysterious death and demanded admittance.

“We’re family and we should have access,” they reportedly said.

Sullivan says matriarch Katherine Jackson arrived later that night and called her dead son’s recently fired nanny, Grace Rwaramba, to inquire about stashed cash.

“Grace, you remember Michael used to hide cash at the house? I’m here. Where can it be?” she reportedly asked.

Rwaramba described Michael’s standard practice of hiding his money in black plastic garbage bags and under the carpets, Sullivan reports.

La Toya and her boyfriend later loaded black plastic garbage bags into duffel bags and placed them in the garage, a security staffer reportedly told Sullivan.

The next morning, Janet Jackson arrived with a moving van that eventually exited through the front gate with Phillips at the wheel, the security source claimed.

Michael Jackson died in June 2009 from an accidental drug overdose as he prepared for a comeback concert tour in London.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Again a retraction demand to the media by the Jacksons. First a media lie with on the same day a retraction demand by first Janet and now La Toya. It seems that the Jacksons have started a campaign that the media has to learn their lessons about getting their facts straight. Possibly there will be a flood of retraction demands by the Jackson family on many media lies in the next months. Hopefully people might start to question the truth of these media stories and will check the facts and sources first.

LOVE
Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:42:34 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

paula-c

well,  and remember it was also said that La Toya removed the hard drives that contain songs never before heard of Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

well,  and remember it was also said that La Toya removed the hard drives that contain songs never before heard of Michael.
I'm so glad you guys have such awesome memories for detail! :woohoo2: Mine is the pits. :icon_cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions