RKTopic starter

MJJJustice Project on Thome
October 04, 2012, 11:01:09 AM
MJJJustice Project just posted this on twitter. I couldn't find the original post from Roger Friedman on the forum. If it's here, let me know and I'll put this twitterlonger with it. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tohme Tohme - Forbes 2/17/12

Tohme, the estate says in a complaint filed by attorney Howard Weitzman, ran amok during his short term between January 2008 and March 2009. It was Tohme, working for Thomas Barrack‘s Colony Capital, who pulled off the sale of Neverland to Colony. But according to the complaint, Jackson never understood that Tohme was also going to receive a finder’s fee for doing work for his own employer. Jackson had no lawyer representing him in his many signed agreements with Tohme, and so didn’t understand that when Colony came up with $24 million to bail out Neverland, Tohme would get $2.4 million.

Tohme, the complaint further reads, got Jackson to sign an agreement paying him $35,000 a month. He was also to receive 15% of all gross compensation Jackson received for anything he did in the entertainment field. Jackson signed not one but two Power of Attorney documents giving Tohme “extraordinary” powers. He also gave himself a $100,000 per month producers fee for the run of Jackson’s London concert dates–from July 2009 through at least March 2010. All of this Jackson signed without a lawyer, and despite numerous stories (many written by yours truly) about Tohme’s many assertions about his credentials being false.

It was during Tohme’s regime, for example, that the contents of Neverland were emptied and consigned to an auction house in Beverly Hills. The auction didn’t proceed when Jackson finally got a grip, and a lawyer, stopped the auction. Tohme then took back the contents and warehoused them. When Jackson died, the estate had to negotiate with him to get back the property. Out of luck was Julien’s Auction House, which published a now collectible catalog of everything that had been in Neverland.

“Tohme took possession and control of money and property that belonged to Jackson.Tomhe did not return to Jackson and refuses to deliver to the executors all of the property and cash belonging to Jackson that Tohme took possession and control of.”

On a side note, Tohme used to claim he was a doctor from Lebanon. But he could never prove to me that he was a doctor and when I questioned him about it in 2008, he told me wasn’t practicing. He did say he was Ambassador at Large to Senegal, but their Embassies denied it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · Reply
Report post (?)

They are also claiming the Estate wants to get it's hands on the 900 million dollar MJ art collection that  Thome supposedly used his aquired power of attorney to give away to Brett Livingstone Strong.
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:13:57 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Re: MJJJustice Project on Thome
October 04, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
I realize I'm assuming here but MJ is way too smart to let any of that happen - no lawyers, willy-nilly signing off on things.  Unless the no lawyer thing was deliberate.

Tohme was hired to do a job and if he was paid a lot of money, I imagine it was/is quite a big job.
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:47:31 AM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

October 04, 2012, 11:47:12 AM
Here is Rogers rehash of his original interview with Dr Thome.

I wrote the story below in March 2009. Today, the godawful Hollywood Reporter has taken some of this info, wrapped up with some other stuff that is all wrong, and delivered a mess about Michael Jackson. Just to set the record straight: I interviewed Tohme Tohme, Michael’s short time manager. I personally and exclusively ascertained that he wasn’t a doctor and wasn’t a special envoy to Senegal, as he claimed. Shortly after this ran, Tohme was fired. He was replaced by Michael’s earlier and most successful manager Frank DiLeo, whom Michael trusted more than anyone. Tohme is now being sued by the Jackson estate. The Hollywood Reporter article is mostly fakakta. Anyway, in effort to un-rewrite history, here goes:
For about a year, since right before the chaos involving his Neverland Ranch possibly being sold at auction, Michael Jackson has had a mysterious new manager.
The man known as Tohme (pronounced toe-may) called himself a doctor. Different sources said he referred to himself either as an orthopedist or orthopedic surgeon. But there was a discrepancy: who was this man, the latest in a long line of managers who seemed to Svengali the pop star?
Yesterday, after many efforts, I finally pinned the 59-year-old Tohme down. A little. He conceded that he is not a licensed physician. “Not at this time,” he said. He refused, after repeated attempts, to say what kind of doctor he might have been at any time. His associates declined as well.
“If you want to talk about Michael Jackson, fine,” he said. “The story isn’t about me.”
But the story is very much about Tohme, who has not only taken over Jackson’s life but has a certain conflict of interest: he acts as a consultant to Colony Capital LLC, the company now partnered with Jackson in ownership of Neverland. Colony bought Fortress Investment’s $23.5 million note on the ranch last year.
More recently, they changed the name of the property to Sycamore Valley Ranch and became partners in the deed with Jackson. A small fortune changed hands, giving Jackson a much needed cash infusion of several million dollars.
But the pop singer always needs more money — he’s like a vampire when it comes to funds. So Tohme restarted talks with AEG Live begun in 2007 about Jackson performing at the O2 Arena in London. Now a staggering 35 dates have been set beginning July 8th. Another 15 are likely. Jackson hasn’t performed live in a full show since September 10, 2001.
Adding to this, Tohme is also responsible for the coming auction of Jackson’s personal memorabilia. He set up the auction with Julien’s Auction House last fall. Contracts were signed. Now Jackson is suing Julien’s, saying he didn’t know what was going on. Julien has catalogs printed, and is going forward. So far, Jackson’s attorney has not filed for a court order to stop the auction.
Sources around Jackson don’t have a high opinion of Tohme. They worry that he’s just the latest person who’s come into Jackson’s life with a personal agenda.
But Thomas Barrack, head of Colony Capital, says Tohme’s a “great guy,” someone’s he known a long time “in the business world, around L.A.” When I asked him how Tohme knew Jackson, Barrack answered: “You’ll have to ask him.” He did say it was Tohme who introduced him to Jackson.
Tohme is fuzzy on this point. “I knew him a long time,” he said of Jackson. At first he said he knew Jackson’s family, then he backtracked and said his relationship was with Michael. We never really figured that one out.
“I love Michael,” Tohme said. “I want what’s best for him. When the problems with Neverland came, I was approached to see if I could help. I knew him for twenty to thirty years.”
Tohme told me he set up the AEG Live deal, even though he was clearly not around in 2007 when I first reported the story. I asked him if he set up the auction. “I did not set up the auction, the auction is not going through!” This is in direct contrast to my conversation with auctioneer Darrell Julien last winter, who sang Tohme’s praises as the pair worked to put it all together.
“We had a certain period of time to empty Neverland last year,” Tohme said. “I was looking for a place for storage, a place to dump a lot of stuff like cars. I called Julien’s and asked if they could do it, come pick it up.” He says an auction could only go through with Jackson’s approval.
Last week, Darrell Julien told this column: “Michael has plenty of storage facilities. He wouldn’t have called me for storage.” True enough: Jackson at different times has had airport hangers at Santa Monica airport filled with his belongings. He’s also had warehouses closer to home near Neverland.
So what about Tohme Tohme, who’s not a doctor? There were a lot of questions I couldn’t ask him because he kept yelling, and refused to answer. I never got to ask him about a 1996 bankruptcy filing on record in the state of California. In the court filing, vs. Marathon National Bank, he listed himself as “Tohme Tohme, Doctor.”
A search of the Lexis Nexis database shows no mention of “Tohme Tohme,” doctor or otherwise, prior to December 22, 2008 when he issued a statement about Jackson’s health.
He was charming in our conversation. He said, “If you play it right, you will be the first one to know everything about Michael Jackson.” I said, thanks, I already was. He said that Michael is in great shape and could easily do 50 shows. “He could do a hundred.”
also read: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Categories: Celebrity
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

October 04, 2012, 12:03:47 PM
I realize I'm assuming here but MJ is way too smart to let any of that happen - no lawyers, willy-nilly signing off on things.  Unless the no lawyer thing was deliberate.

Tohme was hired to do a job and if he was paid a lot of money, I imagine it was/is quite a big job.

I absolutely agree MJ is way smarter than this and he's business savy. Anything I come across about the mysterious Dr Thome, I read because information about him is so elusive. Also intriguing in this hoax saga is the pitting against each other of the two 'bad' boys of Weitzman and the Estate vs mean Dr Thome. It's all interesting...I just wish I could work out who is really BAD......
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:05:27 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

October 04, 2012, 12:24:27 PM
There could be a reason why Tohme is so elusive and why we never see him...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

October 04, 2012, 12:41:50 PM
I know I'm rehashing a lot of Thome stories from '09 here, but his rep as a thug was instated at the beginning of this journey. Who could ever forget this article where Thome threatens Juliens with bloodshed from the NOI.  On another bizare note....this story has gentle MJ as his accomplice in the threat. Like a pair of hollywood heavies.

Claim: Jacko's Rep Threatened Harm From Nation of Islam
It should be rockin’ at the Hard Rock Café in New York today where famed auctioneer Darren Julien is exhibiting items from the forthcoming Michael Jackson memorabilia sale.
Last week, Julien and his partner Martin Nolan entered affavadits into Los Angeles Superior Court claiming that an associate of Jackson’s suggested they were in danger from the Nation of Islam if they didn’t stop the auction scheduled for Los Angeles next month.
Jackson’s representative, James R. Weller, Julien says, met with him and Nolan on February 9, 2009 and threatened him with reciprocity from the Nation of Islam. For most of 2004, Jackson was managed by Leonard Muhammad, son in law of Louis Farrakhan. His security was provided by the NOI as well throughout his 2005 trial for child molestation.
Julien says that Weller, who is partners with Jackson’s manager Tohme R. Tohme in an enterprise called TRW Advertising, asked to meet them at a fast food restaurant on Wilshire Boulevard. There, Julien and Nolan each claim in sworn statements, Weller made a veiled threat on behalf of Jackson and Tohme.
"During the meeting, Weller told Martin and me that our lives would be in danger if we did not postpone the auction. Weller said if we refused to postpone it, we would be in danger from "Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam; those people are very protective of Michael."
Julien’s statement continues: "He told us that Dr. Tohme and Michael Jackson wanted to give the message to us that "our lives are at stake and there will be bloodshed."
The next day, Tohme insisted on meeting Julien and Nolan at a Starbucks, Julien says in the declaration. "At that meeting, Tohme dnied any knowledge of Weller’s threats, and said that he accepted the auction would need to proceed as agreed."
I wrote about this Tohme R. Tohme in this column last week. Although he refers to himself as "doctor" and lets others do so as well, he conceded to me that he is not now a licensed physician. He refused to say if he ever was one, what kind, or where he received a degree.
On the website for TRW Advertising, Tohme — who is Lebanese — asserts that he’s Ambassador at Large to the country of Senegal. Yesterday I spoke with a representative for that country at their Washington embassy who said he’d never heard of Tohme R. Tohme. "There are two ambassadors at large," said Mr. Mansour Gueye. "He isn’t one of them."
Weller, accused of making the threat, did not return messages. In contrast to Tohme, Weller is considered legit. On the TRW site he lists over twenty years of experience in the advertising world, much of it in Republican politics and verifiable. An associate says he’s known Weller for most of that time, and he’s on the up and up. Tohme is a different story.
Neverland in ‘Shambles’

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

October 04, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
"Stake...bloodshed" ...    OBVIOUSLY MJ was being chased by vampires and Tohme was helping protect him.

Mystery solved.

(I'm joking)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

October 04, 2012, 12:57:21 PM
It's nearly 4 am here and I'm probably not thinking straight....but this line just struck me as could be the reason for the hoax being told to us before hand.

"He told us that Dr. Tohme and Michael Jackson wanted to give the message to us that "our lives are at stake and there will be bloodshed."

If you take the threat of TPTB and their agenda as part of the reason for the hoax...then this sounds like a message to all of us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ellyd

October 04, 2012, 01:59:47 PM
It would be staggering if RM's gofers should write any true sentence in combination with "Jacko".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

October 04, 2012, 02:03:51 PM
ok so did i see this guy said in one of these statements that right after he wrote about it thome was fired and delio brought in?  so why was thome announcing that jermaine was the only one to speak for the family.  i have always had the nagging feeling that jermaines emotions were not of mourning at that announcement but anxiety. just sayin"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MJonmind

October 04, 2012, 02:33:32 PM
What book author or movie writer could create this web? Reality intertwined with ARG.
It could be MJ paying Tohme just to move his things around--keep even the real bad guys/lawyers/media wondering, fearful--perhaps respecting this lookslike bad guy.
Chess...
Starbucks again...
Thanks RK.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

October 05, 2012, 10:55:22 AM

More I read Thome story - more its became clear that he IS hand-picked by MJ himself for one role or another on these game.
Michael knows!))
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
October 06, 2012, 12:11:40 AM
Tohme, Tohme, Tohme...I really think he has a much bigger role then we think, good or bad, I don't know, but when a member asked TS if he could comment more on Tohme, he flat out said NO...the makes me wonder.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

October 06, 2012, 01:24:40 AM
Tohme, Tohme, Tohme...I really think he has a much bigger role then we think, good or bad, I don't know, but when a member asked TS if he could comment more on Tohme, he flat out said NO...the makes me wonder.

You know what? Why Michael has people around him named Dave Dave or Thome Thome? He is the only one that has friends that has the same first and last name!!!

For me, Thome, is just another character in this hoax, that was introduced early to make it more believable when the hoax would come, because... Think about it! It's crazy isn't it! He is in the same position as Dr. Conrad Murray! No one knows his life before a few years! Murray and Thome pretends to be doctor, but there are no things that proves us it's true. There is nothing, zero, nada on Murray on the net before 2009, and there is nothing in the past of Thome that clears us who he really his. There his nothinh on the net on Thome since he was introduced to us by him. Nothing! So either this man is a character of Michael and played by one of his friend (and himself also maybe like the other characters sach as the hatman or Dave Dave)  (because, you know, just look at him, his face look plastic, and his accent is sooooo weird, like it would be acted in some kind of way, or exagerated), or he's the invincible man.

You remember when Larry King said that he would be invited to the show in december 2009? We never saw him! He's part of the plan! And may be a copy of the name of one character of PT Barnum again: General Thom Thumb! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why does he don't want to say how he met him, why all that mystery between him and Michael!!! This smells HOAX! Thome is as HOAX as the HOAX himself! Believe me!

He is a character in this hoax!

I have had no doubt since a long time! This is fishy! He was there to create controversies for this hoax!

Think about it! No one can prove what he really did in the past? Why didn't family, friends or co-workers never defended him when he said he was doctor, or the ambassador of Senegal! He does not exist, he is a character, and I won't change my mind about it!

Man, that hoax is HOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin chin to the master! And yes...... I am entertain!!!  ;D
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:36:20 AM by julia142
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
November 10, 2012, 09:16:58 AM

I wonder who is this Tohme Tohme?   :icon_e_confused:
Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:19:23 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions