RK

And here we go with Janet's lawyers letter in response to the vanity fair article....
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ellyd

And on, the wheel keeps turnin' by Federal Express

Ms. Díaz focuses her practice exclusively on representing workers in a range of employment matters including sexual harassment, gender/pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, and wrongful termination.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

legal documents typically don't use emotive language. they always use clinical terms.

:suspect:
Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:19:17 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

curls

All this hoo-ha has done IMO, is draw attention again, for those who still haven't noticed, to the nonsensical length of time between MJ's 'death' and 'burial'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

All this hoo-ha has done IMO, is draw attention again, for those who still haven't noticed, to the nonsensical length of time between MJ's 'death' and 'burial'.

agree  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

bec

Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother

Indeed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

everlastinglove_MJ

FYI :icon_e_wink:

October 6, 2012 17:23

Janet Jackson denies delaying Michael Jackson's burial

Singer's lawyers ask story alleging her late brother's funeral was delayed over a financial dispute be retracted

Janet Jackson has denied recent allegations that she delayed Michael Jackson's funeral over a financial dispute.

The singer's lawyers have sent a letter to Vanity Fair, who published a story alleging she delayed her brother's funeral in 2009 over money owed relating to the burial plot deposit, asking for an apology and for the article to be retracted.

The magazine published extracts from Randall Sullivan's book Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson in its November issue and a subsequent article, based on information from the book, appeared on its site on Thursday (October 4).

The letter, written by Janet's lawyer Graydon Cater, has now been published on the singer's website, it reads: "To falsely accuse Ms Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. Ms Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way.

"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."

Earlier this year, Janet Jackson questioned the legitimacy of Michael Jackson's will and decried a "media campaign" against her family.

LOVE

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

There is a little discussion here on the Estate response, which is now locked.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have to agree with you and Aussie curls!!! I mean people are still just blinded by ignorance in this country
and it goes to show you they will believe ANYTHING the media puts out. I mean I MY DAMNSELF could call up
one of these places and say ohhh this and that this and that and they wouldnt even try to verify the shit!!!
As dumb as that is that they do that its even dumber fo the people who believe the GARBAGE!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

This is still being dragged out in the tabloids....latest is the delay was because they couldn't decide on a burial place. [guess they never did settle that one as MJ isn't buried anywhere]

Janet Jackson Did Not Delay Michael's Funeral, The Family Couldn't Agree On Burial Place

y Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Janet Jackson was accused of delaying her brother Michael's funeral three years ago because she wanted a hefty deposit of $40k returned, but RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that the actual reason the King of Pop's burial took place several months after he died was because the family couldn't agree on where he should be laid to rest.

"Janet absolutely didn't delay Michael's funeral, that just never happened," a family insider tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. "The main reason for the delay was because the family just couldn't agree on where Michael should be buried. Jermaine and Randy wanted him buried at Neverland but Katherine was absolutely steadfast against that.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Through The Years

"Throw in the fact that Michael's kids had their own ideas and were grieving and there was obviously a lot going on. Janet was just trying to do the right thing at the time and she was very supportive of Michael's kids and her mother during that very dark time. For anyone else to say otherwise is just categorically false. Yes, tensions have developed since then between Janet and her mom over the handling of Michael's estate, but that doesn't change what happened in the weeks after Michael died."

As previously reported, according to Vanity Fair, which obtained an excerpt of a new biography on Jackson by Randall Sullivan: "Janet put up the $40,000 deposit at Forest Lawn to secure a spot for Michael but refused to let the funeral take place until the money was repaid."

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson’s Kids: Three Years After His Death

Janet's attorney, Blair Brown fired off a letter to Vanity Fair's editor, Graydon Carter, demanding a retraction of the story. In the letter, which is posted on the singer's website, her lawyer says: "The article states that according to Untouchable, Ms. Jackson put down a $40,000 deposit to secure a burial plot for Michael Jackson but refused to let the funeral take place until that money was repaid. This is untrue. Ms. Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way. In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place.

PHOTOS: Stage Shots of Michael Jackson Performing

"In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms. Jackson incurred and for which she has never sought reimbursement. To falsely accuse Ms. Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family...I demand that Vanity Fair retract its statement that Ms. Jackson 'refused' to let Michael Jackson's funeral take place until the money she put down as a deposit on his burial plot was repaid...The article is replete with additional false and defamatory statements regarding Ms. Jackson. All statements regarding Ms. Jackson should be retracted and all other media website notified of the retractions."

PHOTOS: Katherine Jackson Holds Memorial For King Of Pop In His Hometown

"It's just absolutely sad that there are those in the world who are still trying to exploit Michael Jackson by writing false books about his life and death," the source says. "The Jackson family has been through enough and Michael's kids should be remembered before these ridiculous and false stories are released. No, this family isn't perfect, and they have a lot of issues, make no mistake about that… It just doesn't help to rehash and rewrite history for sensational headlines and to make money."

RELATED STORIES:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

emulik

Michael's funeral  just never happened," a family insider tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.
This is what I took from the whole article  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

It irritates me to no end that people seriously believe that executors of an estate the size and importance of Michael's would have time to debunk internet and social website rumors and rants.  It's amazing.  Surely if they had his Estate to run, there would be much more serious business to attend.  What?  Are they sitting at their computers with clickers in hand just waiting for something unsavory about THEM (not Michael mind you) to erupt to pounce on?   :computer-losy-smiley: That's ludicrous.  This has to be a hoax and how John Branca fits into it still puzzles me.  I just don't like him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

agree  :icon_e_wink:

+ 1

However in one way or another ,keep talking about Michael  :icon_e_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:09:13 AM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

gwynned

I find that there are a few outlets that post Michael sided articles.  One of them is the Huff Post.  That they are reposting this story confirms for me that they are a media outlet for Michael and the story is one that Michael concocted for some, at least to me, inexplicable reason.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I find that there are a few outlets that post Michael sided articles.  One of them is the Huff Post.  That they are reposting this story confirms for me that they are a media outlet for Michael and the story is one that Michael concocted for some, at least to me, inexplicable reason.

Interesting.  It was also the HuffPo that got the TIAI ball rolling when they published an article the day This Is It was released in theaters, saying there would be a sequel called This Is Also It.  The TIAI re-directs started shortly thereafter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions