Alternate Reality Game (ARG)
October 02, 2012, 12:56:26 PM
I recently joined the hoaxbook group for Reasons and Theories.  I have long suspected a connection to
This Is It being some sort of ARG (alternate reality game).  I don't think the entire thing can fall under
that title.  However, I feel parts of it mirror the core basics strong enough.  I felt it would be worthwhile
to have a full/dedicated place for discussion on the subject.  Perhaps together we can realize some of the
more intricate things that must have taken place in order for This Is It to some to fruition.  The link to
the discussion board on hoaxbook is this:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will post most of my findings there, to keep it streamlined.  If I see more folks are interested here, I will begin
to post here as well (let me know what you would prefer). 
I know I prefer the forum style over book....just because I am still unsure of all that book
can do.  I do not facebook and don't know the navigations too well.  But, the group was up and going, so I wanted
add to the discussions there.  I do have a couple of interesting things to discuss....I hope you will help me with this : ) 
If it turns out this is the correct spot to discuss and dig around the subject....great. 

Thanks guys.....you're the best!
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Re: Alternate Reality Game (ARG)
October 02, 2012, 02:03:25 PM
I prefer here i think it is better, I believe that there are people in the hoaxbook that never takes part in the forum of research are more dedicated to videos and music. :icon_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
October 02, 2012, 02:33:16 PM
Great idea for a thread Wishy!  :icon_e_wink:

I think some of the best hoax videos , describing the ARG and how it works within Michael's hoax, were made by my fav YT channel MagicalXcapism, back in March of this year (especially the second video!)

This part is more focused on describing the hoax as a thrilling, mysterious illusion, a reality movie of some sort...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR3mQF8BmSM&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

While this part is centered on the ARG theme! and also the "One more chance" video  :icon_e_wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWVrls6UGw&list=PL789831C2FF5293C5&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:34:24 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

October 02, 2012, 03:06:38 PM
You know, right after I hit post I had this pit in my stomach that I should have just posted it all here...and maybe just update the discussion area of book.  So I think that's what I will do.......sort of a flip then.  You guys are right....brilliant, thank you for the help.  Sometimes it just takes one or two voices of reason to make me think clearer : ) LOL as clear as mud with this hoax!!!! 

Thanks guys......
I will post those thoughts and findings in a bit.  I am digging around one other area and will craft it into one post.........

Blessings!!!! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
October 02, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
I also think it´s a great idea.

I too prefer the forum for this kind of investigation/brainstorming.

Looking forward to reading your posts/thoughts  :)
Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:13:51 PM by MaryK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

curls

October 02, 2012, 04:01:27 PM
I've read some really interesting articles on ARGs - fitting parts of this hoax like a (sequined) glove! I'll try and dig them out if it's decided to continue the discussion here on the forum, rather than on Hoaxbook.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
October 02, 2012, 04:02:44 PM
[...]There are many good sites that explain exactly what they are, how detailed they get and what they are for. A good start for me was the basic Wiki:

It seems that MagicalXscapism pretty much used the same wiki info for her second video, though she/he made the video more complex and added the visuals to it!

The following paragraph made me think...and reflect back on my own hoax experience these years... especially the blue parts...

Quote from: Wikipedia
Puppetmaster – A puppetmaster or "PM" is an individual involved in designing and/or running an ARG. Puppetmasters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppetmasters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running.[3] The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.
Thinking back... I now realize that I've always felt this duality (allies vs. adversaries) with regards to myself and my activity in Hoaxland. And when I say Hoaxland I mean more than just this forum. And I am also sure that I am not the only one who got this feeling along the way!  :icon_e_wink: Something tells me that pretty much every involved hoaxer has felt that at least once!
I was always intrigued, frustrated  (even scared at times!) by how well and easily I could interact with certain people and at the same time how difficult, almost impossible was to communicate with others!! You always wonder why?? because you do /act/say/write the same things , yet you obtain so blatantly contradictory reactions!!
Sometimes I would wonder why certain people were so nice to me, to the point of even suspecting them of not being sincere!!
Other times I would wonder why certain persons seem to hate me that much to the point of starting questioning myself and even blaming myself for some non existent reason!! Because most often the next day(s) I would get the exact opposite (positive) reactions for the same stuff I had posted, from other people!
It's really like a carousel of emotions going up and down , unexpected turnings and swifts... which most often left me with a confused state of mind , the most proper phrase to describe it all being  :WTF:  :WTF: :WTF:
Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:03:21 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

October 02, 2012, 06:05:49 PM
I stumbled upon something and need help with it......does anyone know if TJ Jackson went to Carnegie Mellon University?  The reason I ask is I found that name associated with an early ARG called Troy.  I had been reading about early ARGs and what they were like etc.  I saw this name and almost fainted..."....surely it's a different TJ Jackson" I thought.  I can't tell....because it all seems to fit. 
So I have some links here for you guys to check out and see exactly what I am talking about.

This link was the first one I saw the name on.  I was just reading casually about ARGs....read about "walkthroughs" and the name appears:

This link is to a random info page about Troy, the game....again TJ Jackson. 

Then this link seems to go into great detail about the game itself...it's a google doc:

This link provides a little more wording and phrases associated with ARGs:

I have been really wanting some input for this.  I asked a couple of close friends and they both urged me to post the info and see what we come up with.  Again it's a fascinating subject to read about.....I really appreciate you guys!!!!! 
Hugs & LOVE

Blessings

@Sim....thanks for posting those videos...they are some of my favorites as well :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
October 02, 2012, 06:25:43 PM
Oh my...that sounded so good Wishy.

But I am afraid that this is not "our" TJ.

Take a look here:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

October 02, 2012, 09:17:48 PM
@Mary....right, wrong TJ Jackson..thanks for helping clear that one up : )

I have been digging still....
I came across this picture:

It's of Michael at Sega of Japan in 1988....the guy's name in the tan sweater is Mark Cerny.  This picture is a great example of Michael's interest in video games.  However, even more importantly, it establishes a link between Michael one of the gaming world's best known developers.  Mark Cerny's Wiki reads like a manual for game development of all kinds.  He could most certainly of helped craft an ARG of huge proportion.  Here is his Wiki:

and this article:

Among the games he developed, was Marble Madness.  The Wiki for that game is here:

Notice the collaboration effort between Cerny, Flanagan and Michael...for a video game based on Thriller.

"Cerny and Flanagan first collaborated on a video game based on Michael Jackson's Thriller. The project, however, was canceled and the two began work an idea of Cerny's that eventually became Marble Madness."

Cerny was Vice President of Vivendi Universal Games (see his WIki...also works with Sony) ......Vivendi also known as Universal Interactive Studios:

In 2008.....Vivendi merged with Activision....Vivendi also has ownership of Universal Music group:

Mark Cerny also had his hand in Naughty Dog, Inc:

Which has all sorts of interesting links...including again, to Sony. 

Soooooo.......all of this post is to show that there were and mostly likely still are roads that lead from Michael and people he knows, to the gaming development community.  Even though I have listed much software, it's all gaming in one form or another.  The development of new games and exciting ways to present them is what it's all about.  This Mark Cerny is an interesting person.  He definitely has the means and ways to understand the factors of an ARG.....

OK....done on the ramble, lol.  I read the name, "Culver City" somewhere in all of this....for the life of me, now I can't find it!!!
Ugh.....hate it when that happens! 
Have a blessed day/evening!
LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

October 02, 2012, 11:09:45 PM
Of course this is a game. We have known that this is an ARG yet been in collective denial about it since late 2009. Thanks to TS and his NiN ARG redirect and subsequent concessions/confessions that was made pretty clear.

See my signature.

That's why there's No Body, I guess, really. At the end of the day there's no dead body because this is a game, it's not a sting on any bad guys. It's not going to over throw the Illuminati, it's a game and it's a way to get a message out to the public and (hopefully!!) a way to clear his name once and for all.

I only hope that the part about Jordy talking (books on tape!) isn't fiction. The rest, all for fun, totally.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

October 02, 2012, 11:25:55 PM
Thank you Wishy for all of this information. In the beginning I was very much against the idea of this being an ARG but now I've swung to the opposite spectrum because of everything we've learned. Based on my own beliefs I've concluded:

1) It's most definitely not about money as Michael wasn't broke at the time of d-day.
2) It's not about his health as Michael is not addicted to anything except maybe carrot juice.
2) It's not about running away or hiding because Michael's character is the total opposite. If he wanted to hide he could have after 2005.
3) Michael is a showman and loves to entertain. He's captivated with capturing the mind of the audience. Check.
4) Michael has laid the groundwork for years. Back and SOTT is a testament to that. Check.
5) I don't think Michael is out to destroy anyone but he is out to restore his image and legacy. Check.

There is more but my mind has gone blank. I'll come back to this.

Blessings

EDIT: Bec posted while I was still typing but it looks like I think the same as Bec. For the record, I, too, soooo hope the books on tape are real and that Jordan comes clean about the lies.

Something else about Michael's involvement with video gaming, he contributed to the making of Sonic even though he has no credit on there. And isn't there also a website in development with some title like Michael Universe or am I imagining it? It was a gaming site. And we can't forget about the games for WII, etc.

Yes, here it is:

Here are the partners for Planet Michael:

Les Éditions Albert René
    Paramount
    Sony Pictures
    Triumph International
    Universal

What is interesting is that it was supposed to be done late last year but unless I'm missing something it doesn't look complete.
Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:47:46 PM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

bec

October 02, 2012, 11:38:29 PM
Planet Michael. I always thought that game title was a subtle little reference to us and the forum, back when the forum was mjhd.com.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

October 03, 2012, 12:20:20 AM
Yep yep and WOW....@voice, I was just looking at this article (need to translate...but you will understand my WOW)

And yes again...Planet Michael, the Michael Universe, WII Experience Michael Jackson.........
I too believe it's all been in front of us for years.....but it took a fictional death for us to open our eyes. 

Thanks guys....I really really appreciate your thoughts on all this.....it's just so amazing to try and wrap my head around
the magnitude of planning and execution.  I can't help but think we will now hear or see something from someone about
how this can't be a game etc......this is not a game.  Maybe the family, the media, Sony...who knows....my guess is that
only the shadow knows, lol.  That shadow had better be dusting off his moonwalk!  I am sure we are still in the think of
things.......makes me sort of *cough cough* nervous  :icon_lol: :icon_eek:
Jeeze, when I think of some of the topics we have discussed......yes, Michael are you entertained, I dearly hope so!
I suppose you have saved the best for last........I don't know about the others, but I am buckled up tight.....
it's going to be a bumpy night!

Blessings & LOVE Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

October 03, 2012, 12:50:24 AM
Oh he's done nothing but encourage us to make that leap. He can go ahead and send his minions to tell us directly that it's not a game and it still won't work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions