Sale of AEG
September 18, 2012, 10:24:54 PM
Well this is interesting........
the article mentions Blackstone Advisory Partners as well.....they sound very familiar.  Were they involved with Neverland somehow? 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
their Hedge Fund Solutions biz....is BAAM........ :icon_lol:

AEG, owner of LA's Kings, Staples arena, for sale
By ANDREW DALTON | Associated Press – 41 mins ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Anschutz Entertainment Group, the owner of the Staples Center arena and the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, and the top contender to build a stadium and bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, is up for sale, its parent company said Tuesday.
The Denver-based Anschutz Co. said in a statement that it is "commencing a process" to sell the subsidiary known as AEG and had hired Blackstone Advisory Partners as an adviser.
It wasn't immediately clear how far along the company is in the sale process, or whether it has entertained any offers, but the price for AEG could be well into the billions.
The sale would mean a major ground shift in sports and entertainment in Los Angeles and around the world.
AEG's holdings also include pro soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy, part-ownership of the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers, and major entertainment and real estate holdings in downtown Los Angeles. Outside of L.A., AEG owns Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo and New York's Barclay's Center, the new home of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets. It also owns arenas in Sweden, China and Australia.
The sale would also throw uncertainty into LA's nearly two-decade attempt to bring the NFL back to the city. The City Council is considering the approval of plans for Farmers Field, a downtown stadium proposed by AEG.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said he has long known of the possibility of a sale, and both Denver billionaire Phillip Anschutz and AEG President Tim Leiweke have assured him the city's NFL hopes will remain the same.
"I have worked with both Phil Anschutz and Tim Leiweke for years to bring a football team to Los Angeles. I speak to both of them on a regular basis and I have known about this potential sale for some time," the mayor said in a statement Tuesday night. "I have the commitment from both of them that this won't affect plans for an NFL team to return to Los Angeles in the near future and so will not affect my support for moving ahead with Farmers Field."
Councilwoman Jan Perry, whose district includes the proposed stadium site, said she did not know about a pending sale but agreed that it wouldn't have adverse effects on courting an NFL team.
"The city has done a good job of protecting the taxpayer's interest in negotiating an agreement," Perry told The Associated Press, "so whoever steps into the shoes of Mr. Anschutz will have the same obligations."
Perry said the move "arguably is very positive" because she suspected it could lead to an enthusiastic new partner anxious to get in on the city's NFL prospects.
The potential sale was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
AEG transformed the Los Angeles landscape with the building of Staples Center and the later addition of the LA Live entertainment complex, helping to revitalize the city's long-neglected downtown and bring new energy and several championships to its sports teams.
Opening in 1999, the Staples Center is among the world's busiest arenas. It hosted six playoff games in four days for its main tenants — the NBA's Lakers and Clippers, and the NHL's Kings, who won their first Stanley Cup in June.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Sale of AEG
September 18, 2012, 10:29:12 PM
Just found this article as well:

Anschutz seeks to sell concert promoter AEG

(Reuters) - U.S. conglomerate Anschutz Co said on Tuesday it wants to sell its live sports and entertainment company Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), whose assets ranges from teams like the Los Angeles Lakers to concert venues such as London's famous O2 arena.

Anschutz Co, which is owned by Denver billionaire Phillip Anschutz, said it has retained Blackstone Advisory Partners as financial advisor to assist in the sale process.

A sale of AEG could fetch several billion dollars, although Anschutz could sell all or part of the assets, a source said.

Anschutz CEO Tim Leiweke had been approached before about selling the company, whose other assets include the Los Angeles Kings hockey team and the L.A. Galaxy soccer team, according to a different person who has been briefed on the company's status but is not part of the deal.
The person added that potential buyers could include John Malone's Liberty Media Corp and News Corp, which is splitting its publishing and entertainment assets later this year. Neither company has made a formal bid, however.

News Corp declined to comment while representatives from Liberty Media were not immediately available for comment.

A sale to Malone's Liberty Media would have regulatory hurdles. Liberty owns a 21 percent stake in Live Nation Entertainment, which is the nation's biggest show promoter while AEG's concert division, AEG Live is the second-largest.

This is not the first time that Anschutz has explored a sale of some or all of AEG. In 2008, IAC's Ticketmaster and Cablevision Systems Corp came close to acquiring 49 percent of the AEG Live concert division for roughly $400 million. But those talks eventually broke down and Ticketmaster went on to merge with Live Nation.

AEG Live was also the promoter behind the "This Is It" comeback tour that Michael Jackson was about to embark on before he died. It is still embroiled in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Katherine Jackson, the singer's mother, in which she accuses the company of being responsible for medical decisions made by Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, that caused his death.

AEG Live last week dropped a separate lawsuit it filed seeking a $17.5 million insurance claim payment from Lloyd's of London to reimburse upfront costs they incurred to stage the "This Is It" tour.

(Additional reporting by Paritosh Bansal in New York and Sue Zeidler in Los Angeles; Editing by Mary Milliken and Edwina Gibbs)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

September 18, 2012, 11:35:48 PM
Just a random thought....but it would be cool if the Michael Jackson Estate bought it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

September 19, 2012, 07:38:51 AM
LOL Adi, I was just thinking the same thing and then I read your comment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bugsy

September 19, 2012, 08:15:14 AM
hmmm interesting........

it would be not surprising to learn that michael's estate indeed had interests in it..

I keep thinking back to paris twitter about the take over.. wouldn't it be cool if he slowly took over the entertainment ndustry? :P or at least a substantial control over it :p

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"One of the definitions of sanity is the ability to tell real from unreal. Soon we'll need a new definition.
"Alvin Toffler

suspicious mind

September 19, 2012, 08:19:41 AM
hmmm interesting........

it would be not surprising to learn that michael's estate indeed had interests in it..

I keep thinking back to paris twitter about the take over.. wouldn't it be cool if he slowly took over the entertainment ndustry? :P or at least a substantial control over it :p
[/color][/size]

from the very beginning i have entertained the thought that perhaps he already has  :icon_e_wink:
:moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

everlastinglove_MJ

September 19, 2012, 10:35:23 AM
Thank you for this interesting news Wishingstar. I found another one:

These above mentioned thoughts are indeed interesting in hoax perspective :icon_cool:... though... I can't get rid of suspicious thoughts about why would AEG be for sale at this very moment :suspect: i.e. around the same time of the insurance case and the lawsuits with the Estate :icon_e_confused: ...hmm, I think I will keep WATCHing
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:36:24 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

September 19, 2012, 12:06:27 PM
@everlastinglove_MJ....

Interesting article.......the first time I clicked through on the link, it went to a sort of pre-page....then loaded about 5 seconds.  On that pre-page was this quote:

Forbes Thought Of The Day
“ I believe that man will not merely endure, he will prevail. He is immortal not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul. ”
— William Faulkner

Interesting in a hoaxy sort of way......

In the article it states how AEG began selling tickets through its own platform...not Ticketmaster apparently.  It's the last paragraph:

They’ve also been building more layers of synergy into the AEG empire. For a generation, if fans wanted to go to the Jon Bon Jovi concert they would have to buy their tickets through Ticketmaster and pay a bevy of fees added on top of the ticket price. After arch-rival Live Nation bought Ticketmaster in 2010, AEG moved to build its own ticketing service. By selling tickets to AEG events exclusively through its own platform, AEG has taken millions of ticket transactions a year away from Ticketmaster.  I found this article from Feb 2009 that talks about the merger:

So perhaps the deal closed in 2010, but was well in the works way earlier.  I am interested in this only because I feel like the tickets to TII concerts were not what they seemed. The public may have been sold fake tickets.....or were there no real tickets to begin with?  All the media, all the press, all the press conference, all the tickets....all a part of this gigantic hoax.  I have no clue..........

Thanks for this other article...interesting stuff for sure!
Have a beautiful day!
Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
September 19, 2012, 12:19:45 PM
Wishingstar:

Interesting article.......the first time I clicked through on the link, it went to a sort of pre-page....then loaded about 5 seconds.  On that pre-page was this quote:

“ I believe that man will not merely endure, he will prevail. He is immortal not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul. ”
— William Faulkner

Off topic:  :icon_e_confused: That´s one of the quotes that V V posted on Hoaxbook...  :icon_e_confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

September 19, 2012, 01:29:51 PM
Wishingstar:

— William Faulkner

Off topic:  :icon_e_confused: That´s one of the quotes that V V posted on Hoaxbook...  :icon_e_confused:

:icon_eek: x 777
I just went back to the link, hit it and it didn't come up....it's the link everlastinglove_MJ posted:

Why wouldn't it come up again? Did anyone else see this...please tell me I am not crackers. 
All I did was click the link in the post, it went to some page that was sort of pre-page look for Forbes.....it said I'd be redirected to what I was looking for in about 5 seconds.....I saw that quote, quickly copied it because it seemed interesting, and pasted it here...now it's nowhere? 
What's up?
Where/when on hoaxbook was it posted?  I don't remember it off-hand. 

Blessings

PS> this quote of his is from a speech he gave in 1950:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
September 19, 2012, 02:51:41 PM
Just a random thought....but it would be cool if the Michael Jackson Estate bought it.

I think is possible !!  :icon_e_wink: :michael-jackson:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

September 19, 2012, 03:00:50 PM
Thank you for sharing this news with us. It's really interesting more so because of the timing.

My first thought/hope too was that somehow MJ would be involved in the buyout. I remember reading a long time ago that he did have a small stake in an online ticket selling company a few years ago. Can't remember the name of the company but it wasn't Ticketmaster or AEG.

I too am going to keep watchin' for the first signs of the Estate being mentioned in this deal.

Can I ask - who is V V ? I guess I don't get on hoaxbook enough.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
September 19, 2012, 03:03:37 PM
Wishingstar:

— William Faulkner

I just went back to the link, hit it and it didn't come up....it's the link everlastinglove_MJ posted:

Why wouldn't it come up again? Did anyone else see this...please tell me I am not crackers. 
All I did was click the link in the post, it went to some page that was sort of pre-page look for Forbes.....it said I'd be redirected to what I was looking for in about 5 seconds.....I saw that quote, quickly copied it because it seemed interesting, and pasted it here...now it's nowhere? 
What's up?

Blessings

Whishy I saw it too. It´s gone now.... :icon_eek:

V V posted that quote two or three days before he/she/it was banned, so basically a few days before Souza´s thread about trolls.

@Voice: V V was the reason for Souzas thread about trolls and security issues.
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:05:09 PM by MaryK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

everlastinglove_MJ

September 19, 2012, 05:49:12 PM
Wishingstar:

— William Faulkner

What's up?

Blessings

Then I am crackers too! :icon_lol: :beerchug:
I remember the pop-up too, but apparently I didn't pay too much attention to the quote and skipped the pop-up because I was too focused on reading the article. When I click on my posted link now, there's no pop-up :icon_e_confused:
I do remember that V V posted this quote :icon_eek: Interesting indeed. Thanks for the info about Faulkner's quote, Wish.

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

September 19, 2012, 06:06:20 PM
I just clicked on the link and it came up. 

Maybe it only comes up once on the first visit to the site from a new ip address.  After that, you’re recognized & it doesn’t come up again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions