Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Paris Jackson shares late father Michael's geeky hobby... as she spends day at comic book convention with her brothers
By MARTIN HOWDEN
PUBLISHED: 06:00 EST, 17 September 2012 | UPDATED: 06:48 EST, 17 September 2012

Paris Jackson revealed her inner-geek after enjoying a day out with her brothers at a Los Angeles comic convention.
The 14-year-old daughter of late pop icon Michael Jackson stepped out in a yellow top and denim hot pants as she attended Stan Lee's Comikaze event on Sunsday.
Flanked by a  crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Comic book fans, games and zombie enthusiasts descended on the pop culture event over the weekend for the annual festival, which is now in its second year and has been re-branded Stan Lee's Comikaze after the comic book creator became a business partner  following last year's success.

While Paris and her older brother Prince Michael didn't dress up for the occasion, ten-year-old Blanket got into the spirit of things by wearing a red T-shirt featuring several Marvel comics characters that Lee created, including Spider-Man and The Hulk

The Jackson children inherited their comic book loving side from their father.
Michael was a huge comic book fan and purchased a host of geek goodies, including life-size statues of Spider-Man, Superman and Batman, as well as vintage X-Men and Marvel Vs Capcom arcade machines.

The King of Pop also struck up a friendship with Stan Lee in his failed bid to buy the screen rights of Spider-Man.
Lee recounted their meeting in a 2009 interview with MTV: 'I had been to his place in Neverland ... and he wanted to do Spider-Man. I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.

'He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.'
Paris has also inherited her dad's acting desires.

In a new interview with Glamour, she says she's desperate to be an actress and has the backing of her Aunt La Toya.

Paris said: 'She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her. I love my dad, and I’m proud to be his daughter.

'I just don’t think the title ‘M.J.’s daughter’ fits me. A lot of people think he’s the only reason I’m making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.'

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

suspicious mind

so why exactly do they have a film crew along on their outings? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Those pictures MAKE ME SICK!! I know I'm gonna sound hypercriticial, cause I hate when pple questions MJ's parenting skills or offer suggestions on what they would do different. I think no one knows how to raise their children better than the parent..

With that being said, why is Paris, 14 YEARS OLD, being allowed to hang with Madina (@_mlchaeljackson) , 25 YEARS OLD (some say she only 23 but STILL) A grown ass women she met ONLINE! This is the type of shit that scares me. Who the hell is watching these kids??

Where's TJ or LaToya or any one from that family?? Madina is a chronic shit starter that always is in the middle of Paris's drama. She starts shit with people that Paris gets close too(@RomeoHodges, @ MJTeenagedream, @ SpencerNicolee (Spencer Malnik) just to name a few). She'll instigate drama so she can have Paris to herself, and claims she defending Paris.....I've never seen Paris have a problem sticking up for self. How could you claim to love MJ but talk shit about his God-Daughter??

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How can a grown-woman talk shit about what a 15 yr old looked like when she was a child??

And I wished I was smart enough to save this tweet. I feel really dumb now. But she's posing as a teenager on twitter so MJFam will back off. To quote her she said she was "Teenaged". What teenager you know is afraid to admit they're 16,17,18 etc. Maybe cause she doesnt look a day under 23....

I'm sorry to go off like this and sound hypercritical. I'm truly worried. Paris isnt my child, but still I can't help but worry for her and her brothers......Mikey, come home soon boo!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

suspicious mind - I was wondering why there was a film crew there too.  That little tidbit is definitely interesting.

I do wonder if MJ ever invested in Marvel, I had read a while ago that he predicted 10+ years ago that action hero movies would become huge and if he actually said that then it certainly came true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind - I was wondering why there was a film crew there too.  That little tidbit is definitely interesting.

I do wonder if MJ ever invested in Marvel, I had read a while ago that he predicted 10+ years ago that action hero movies would become huge and if he actually said that then it certainly came true.

Well, well here we go again about heroes,Marvel and Stan Lee  :suspect:  :icon_e_biggrin:  !!!! Not long ago Frank Cascio talked about this,I saw it on youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKk7r1czPM8&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

I do wonder if MJ ever invested in Marvel
.... yes he did cause he bought stocks from them.What you said about 10+ is very true cause since or before 2000,almost all the movies are with HEROES and if I remember correct one of the redirect was about HEROES from yesterday and tommorow.
Peace  :) .

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Fascinating interview with Frank, thanks for posting that applehead!  I had no idea about the Bellagio fountain and music show was MJ's idea, WOW. 

It just goes to show that MJ's influence is everywhere, directly or indirectly, a lot of the time without the public even realizing it.  Quite probably the most innovative thinker in the world in our life time.
Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:14:44 PM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

INNOVATOR - That is a great interview.  I wish there was more tape so I could hear more about his disagreement re: the bus, the sign & Tommy Matolla…
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

INNOVATOR - That is a great interview.  I wish there was more tape so I could hear more about his disagreement re: the bus, the sign & Tommy Matolla…

yeah it is interesting about the matolla thing.  i myself  get a kick watching al sharptons face when michael does this.  :icon_e_wink: :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

yeah it is interesting about the matolla thing.  i myself  get a kick watching al sharptons face when michael does this.  :icon_e_wink: :icon_lol:

Really    :icon_lol:....  :michael_jackson-1135:   :icon_lol:   :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for the info about Marvel. I remember reading some news about Michael's possible interest in Marvel. It wouldn't surprise me that he, as a comic geek, would be interested. Obviously he was interested in the tour in the Marvel Studios :icon_razz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdN9vRKUf0Y [/youtube]

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Really    :icon_lol:....  :michael_jackson-1135:   :icon_lol:   :bearhug:

It was like… oh hell, it’s on now  :thjajaja121:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MJonmind

So Frank brags about all MJ’s great innovative ideas of architecture and future movie superheroes, yet he doesn’t think MJ’s riding a bus all over NY saying Mattola is the devil, is innovative. Well for one thing the e vent is the visible public proof that MJ wasn’t in LA signing his will. I still think the whole thing was strategic on MJ’s part, hoax-wise.  And if Frank could lie about the 3 tracks on ‘Michael’ being MJ when clearly they sound like JM, and also lie about MJ being dead, could he also be lying about MJ not owning Marvel? Just wondering.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Fascinating interview with Frank, thanks for posting that applehead!  I had no idea about the Bellagio fountain and music show was MJ's idea, WOW. 

It just goes to show that MJ's influence is everywhere, directly or indirectly, a lot of the time without the public even realizing it.  Quite probably the most innovative thinker in the world in our life time. ( I totally agree on this  :beerchug:  )

You're welcome Andrea  ;) . If you want to hear all about Frank had to say about Michael please watch all the parts of that interview cause has very important info about the hoax  :icon_e_wink: .

So Frank brags about all MJ’s great innovative ideas of architecture and future movie superheroes, yet he doesn’t think MJ’s riding a bus all over NY saying Mattola is the devil, is innovative. Well for one thing the e vent is the visible public proof that MJ wasn’t in LA signing his will. I still think the whole thing was strategic on MJ’s part, hoax-wise.  And if Frank could lie about the 3 tracks on ‘Michael’ being MJ when clearly they sound like JM, and also lie about MJ being dead, could he also be lying about MJ not owning Marvel? Just wondering.

Yes he could,and not only him, lol :LolLolLolLol: !!!!!
More recently this is what Stan had to say about Michael and Marvel   :michael_jackson-1135: :

Stan Lee On Marvel Movie History, His Favorite Cameos And Michael Jackson as Spider-Man

Moviefone  |  By Eric Larnick Posted: 05/ 1/2012 2:18 pm Updated: 05/ 2/2012 12:10 pm

The most interesting bit of almost-casting that I've ever heard came from a Producers Guild conference last summer: the "X-Men" producers revealed that Michael Jackson seriously lobbied for the part of Professor X.
I wasn’t aware that Michael Jackson wanted to be Professor X. I knew Michael Jackson. And with the things he discussed with me, I felt he wanted to be Spider-Man. That was the character that interested him. He never discussed the X-Men with me.

How do you think he would have fared as Spider-Man?
I think he’d have been good. I think he’d have been very good. But I must say that Tobey Maguire was wonderful.

I’m fascinated by the fact that Jackson worked with Stan Lee Media and attempted to buy Marvel, in the 90s.
Yes, he wanted to. He felt that would be the only way that he could play Spider-Man. [Laughs]

What do you think the company would have looked like now if that partnership came to fruition?
I can’t imagine it would have been totally different of course, but maybe not as successful. Michael was not a great businessman  :icon_rolleyes: AHAHAHAHAH.

I really believe that  Stan Lee always took Michael for a simple-minded, while Michael knew exactly where he could carry out his ambitions for Marvel. And certainly not in the ambition to play the role of Spiderman, it's bad to know Michael...lol   :michael_jackson-1135: . BTW does anyone remember this interview ? This was in 1995 and Michael already talked about super heroes  :icon_rr: .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJtDwgwyu9o[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Recently speaking of Stan Lee and super heroes, I just saw this TMZ article.  (I didn't open a TMZ thread for it as it's not actually an MJ article)

Spider-Man, Bruce Banner, Daredevil, The Avengers and the X-Men can all rest easy ... 'cause their fearless creator Stan Lee is alive and kickin' after getting a pacemaker implanted near his heart.

The 90-year-old comic book legend just fired off an AWESOME statement to fans after undergoing pacemaker surgery in L.A. last week, in which he proudly declares that he's not yet ready to become the Grimm Reaper's bitch:

"Attention, Troops!

This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood’s combat zone!

Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I’ll be able to lead thee for another 90 years.

But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!"

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok, so obviously the "ain't dead" and "is alive and kickin' " stands out.  I know this about Stan Lee, lol, but this is also from TMZ.  It's almost funny how my mind skews things like this right back to MJ and his hoax.

The letter sounds as though it could be addressed to our army of love - and the one character Stan Lee mentions is Tony Stark....and our TS started the MJ army of love that we have here.  The last paragraph of Stan's letter in particular really made me think of our forum. 

:fresse:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

I got the same feelings, though I’m sure he has a faithful comic book character army following. Here’s the link.

His life is interesting.

I still think the business connections of him with MJ are suspiciously murky.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions