AEG drops MJ Insurance Claim
September 10, 2012, 03:22:10 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
AEG Drops Michael Jackson Insurance Claim
2 Share on myspace
A Lloyds of London underwriter sued AEG and Michael Jackson LLC after Jackson's death
Alan Duke CNN
September 10, 2012
LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- AEG dropped its claim Monday for a $17.5 million insurance policy for Michael Jackson, just days after e-mails revealed the concert promoter had doubts about Jackson's health at the time they were applying for the insurance.

A Lloyds of London underwriter sued AEG and Michael Jackson LLC after Jackson's death, claiming they failed to disclose information about the pop star's health and drug use.

"In exchange for AEG withdrawing its insurance claim, underwriters agreed to dismiss AEG from the case and to waive any costs recoverable from AEG," said Paul Schrieffer, attorney for the insurance underwriter. "The insurance case continues against the Michael Jackson Company LLC for, among other things, rescission of the policy due to nondisclosures of Michael Jackson's prior drug use."

Lawyers for AEG and the Michael Jackson estate, which controls Michael Jackson LLC, did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment Monday.

Jackson died of an overdose of a surgical anesthesia in combination with sedatives on June 25, 2009, according the the Los Angeles County coroner. Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty last year of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

A controversy over the insurance claim erupted last week after the Los Angeles Times published e-mails which the insurance lawyer said had not been provided to him despite a year of discovery in the case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

Love4Michael

Re: AEG drops MJ Insurance Claim
September 10, 2012, 03:38:56 PM
AEG Drops Michael Jackson Insurance Claim
2 Share on myspace
A Lloyds of London underwriter sued AEG and Michael Jackson LLC after Jackson's death
Alan Duke CNN
September 10, 2012
LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- AEG dropped its claim Monday for a $17.5 million insurance policy for Michael Jackson, just days after e-mails revealed the concert promoter had doubts about Jackson's health at the time they were applying for the insurance.

A Lloyds of London underwriter sued AEG and Michael Jackson LLC after Jackson's death, claiming they failed to disclose information about the pop star's health and drug use.

"In exchange for AEG withdrawing its insurance claim, underwriters agreed to dismiss AEG from the case and to waive any costs recoverable from AEG," said Paul Schrieffer, attorney for the insurance underwriter. "The insurance case continues against the Michael Jackson Company LLC for, among other things, rescission of the policy due to nondisclosures of Michael Jackson's prior drug use."

Lawyers for AEG and the Michael Jackson estate, which controls Michael Jackson LLC, did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment Monday.

Jackson died of an overdose of a surgical anesthesia in combination with sedatives on June 25, 2009, according the the Los Angeles County coroner. Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty last year of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

A controversy over the insurance claim erupted last week after the Los Angeles Times published e-mails which the insurance lawyer said had not been provided to him despite a year of discovery in the case.

I just saw this and was coming to post.  I have issues with the statement in red.  Now AEG tries to close the closet door before the rest of the skeletons tumble out...but the case continues against MJLLC with only the Estate footing the bill if unsuccessful??  Simply dumbfounding to me since without AEG there would have been no Residency at the O2 and thus no need for a flippin' Lloyds policy to begin with.  And wasn't the whole point of this policy to protect AEG's ass from any losses??  Maybe my mind is still over stressed and not working properly but this article IMO deserves a gigantic   :WTF:  :WTF:  :WTF:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

September 10, 2012, 05:31:57 PM
What bothers me is that there would appear to be a conflict of interest to have the same lawyer who represents MJ Estate to also represent AEG  :WTF:  Or am I interjecting an illusion here?  I need some clarity on that. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Love4Michael

September 10, 2012, 06:57:44 PM
What bothers me is that there would appear to be a conflict of interest to have the same lawyer who represents MJ Estate to also represent AEG  :WTF:  Or am I interjecting an illusion here?  I need some clarity on that.

LOL...I'm not sure if I know who represents whom at this point but the "AND" in the sentence regarding attorneys having not commented I believe means they reached out to both groups rather than them being the same ones.  Who really knows though because as time has passed and more information has been exposed it seems that duplicity or conflict of interest is a reoccurring theme in this little old web.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal