• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Paris Jackson Says "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me."
by Glamour
Thursday, 09/ 6/2012 12:00 AM

At 14, Paris Jackson is in many ways a typical teenager, navigating the cliques of high school, listening to music, tweeting at 3:00 A.M. Except for one thing: Her father was Michael Jackson. And now, three years after his death, she's ready to step into the spotlight for the sake of a movie role—just one of the decisions that may have led to some public family squabbling this summer. Wondering who the real Paris is? Get to know her as she hangs out with Glamour.

Some members of her family wish she'd wait to become an actress.

"A lot of people don't want me to do it [her aunt Janet Jackson has said, "She has the rest of her adult life to be that actress that she wants to be... Your childhood—you completely lose."], but Aunt La Toya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing, and she started clapping, 'Oh my God, oh my God.' She really does encourage me; it's just awesome of her."

She's determined to prove herself.

"I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title 'M.J.'s daughter' fits me. A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person."

She refuses to follow the crowd.

"The clique in my class, they don't like me or my friend because we're outside of the box. We're not copycats. Prince calls me goth, but I'm more rock 'n' roll. (I listen to older music like AC/DC; Phil Collins is the ish.) A ton of kids at school have made fun of me; if I had to give advice to other girls, I would say, 'Hang loose and ignore them. They shouldn't faze you no matter how popular they think they are.'"

—As told to Amy Spencer

To read the complete interview and see the entire October issue, pick up a copy of Glamour on newsstands September 11, or download the digital issue right now!

Do you think Paris seems like your typical teenager? Are you excited to watch her career as an actress grow?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

suspicious mind

Paris Jackson Says "The Title of Michael Jackson's Daughter Doesn't Fit Me."
by Glamour
Thursday, 09/ 6/2012 12:00 AM

At 14, Paris Jackson is in many ways a typical teenager, navigating the cliques of high school, listening to music, tweeting at 3:00 A.M. Except for one thing: Her father was Michael Jackson. And now, three years after his death, she's ready to step into the spotlight for the sake of a movie role—just one of the decisions that may have led to some public family squabbling this summer. Wondering who the real Paris is? Get to know her as she hangs out with Glamour.

Some members of her family wish she'd wait to become an actress.

"A lot of people don't want me to do it [her aunt Janet Jackson has said, "She has the rest of her adult life to be that actress that she wants to be... Your childhood—you completely lose."], but Aunt La Toya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing, and she started clapping, 'Oh my God, oh my God.' She really does encourage me; it's just awesome of her."

She's determined to prove herself.

"I love my dad, and I'm proud to be his daughter. I just don't think the title 'M.J.'s daughter' fits me. A lot of people think he's the only reason I'm making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person."

"The clique in my class, they don't like me or my friend because we're outside of the box. We're not copycats. Prince calls me goth, but I'm more rock 'n' roll. (I listen to older music like AC/DC; Phil Collins is the ish.) A ton of kids at school have made fun of me; if I had to give advice to other girls, I would say, 'Hang loose and ignore them. They shouldn't faze you no matter how popular they think they are.'"

—As told to Amy Spencer

To read the complete interview and see the entire October issue, pick up a copy of Glamour on newsstands September 11, or download the digital issue right now!

Do you think Paris seems like your typical teenager? Are you excited to watch her career as an actress grow?

dave dave reason for changing his name : to become my own person :icon_rr:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

I like this kid; I think she's gonna do great in her life. She has a real fighter personality. Like her dad  of course :LolLolLolLol:
I just can't believe she's being bullied at school ; whatever the reason, it's a terrible experience to have. I hope it's not because she's MJ daughter :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

emulik

Paris is very talented young lady, I like what she said that she is not copycat and she is outside the box, she is more mature than her schoolmates and that is good for her. I have crossed fingers for her movie :)

btw thinking outside the box is very familiar for us, isn`t it? Also Front likes that..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

This alone will take her far in life, just like it did her father! Michael really raised them well!

Just think what this world would be like if more people chose not to follow the crowd!

This reminds me of my high school motto: "We lead and others follow!"

Blessings!
OnTheWingsOfLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I am in no position to give an opinion about Paris, but that title in very good. I think she is her mother's daughter as much as she's her dad's girl.
I hope life won't put pressure on her in the way that some people around might attempt to have too many expectations/demands from her or her behavior.
Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:09:37 AM by GINAFELICIA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Unless someone here knows Paris personally, I don't think we can claim to KNOW anything about her other than the 'persona' we are presented with.  And frankly, this story doesn't not make sense.  Has Paris really been teased by a lot of girls at school?  I don't believe it, if for no other reason than that Michael would not allow his daughter to be so bullied!  Nor would a kid reveal that publicly, unless, of course, they were trying to convey a message about bullying and place it in a very negative light. 

I continue to think that ANYthing that we see, hear or read about Paris is scripted by Michael for a very specific reason. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions