~Souza~Topic starter

Normally I just ban trolls and don’t pay attention to them because I don’t think they deserve more attention. But lately I see so many people fall in traps of clever internet trolls (not just in the hoax community, but everywhere on the net) and I think it is time to address it and explain for one time how I make my decision. I really hope people will read this and start understanding why I think some trolls are dangerous and why I immediately ban someone when I don’t trust it. I explained earlier in a post how I work (see Your safety and my responsibility as an administrator) but I would like to take this a step further now by showing step by step what happens before I ban a troll.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
Thanks for posting, often fall to wolves in sheep's clothing.  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is one of the reasons I rarely to never chat.
Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:08:01 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Guys I am warning you please be careful with your facebook accounts, this Virtually Visible hacked mine because he asked me about something very private that I only shared with one person on a private conversation, I knew something was wrong and I shouldn't trust him anymore so following his conversation on the chat I provided him a trap and he fell that was the reason why I thought he might be a troll apart from he was ALWAYS the one that looked for me on the chat and NEVER the other way around, so if I were you I would change my fb password just in case because the kind of people like this don't never give up and will probably try once and again with different names and/or IP adress.

ps: Thanks Souza for caring!!
Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:29:09 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

ick.  thanks Souza and other mods
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guys my e-mail has just been hacked. I was one of the people who talked to this person, sadly he knew that e-mail and since he was the only one i talked to on there, i think it's pretty safe to assume he did it. so be very careful. I've never had something like happen before and it's def a good lesson to learn to be more careful. lots of wakos out there! Stay safe!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

Everyone needs to be very vigilant in protecting their systems because the amount of 'hackers' out there has increased greatly and will continue to increase.  I have some experience/knowledge about systems and can tell you that it's not an easy thing to do...the people that do this sort of thing are very knowledgable and usually are up to no good and can, in some cases, be very dangerous (it's, in essence, breaking and entering into someone's space).  You should NEVER give out any personal info unless you are 100% sure the person on the other end is trustworthy, and in internet-land that's very rare.  Something as simple as telling someone the name of your pet may be saying too much (especially if you've used that as an answer for security questions anywhere).  It doesn't mean you have to be anti-social...just be smart about your interactions with people.  And be smart about protecting your systems....BOTH a firewall AND a security program are essential.  It may not stop you from getting 'hacked' but it will make the hackers' job MUCH more difficult....to the point where they may just give up in trying.

Here's an article from the FBI about protecting your system.  Take what you can from it...although the FBI has also been hacked haha, there is still useful info there.  All Souza and the rest of us can do is warn people and help them with any questions they may have...but ultimately, your safety is YOUR responsibility.

How to Protect Your Computer

The same advice parents might deliver to young drivers on their first solo journey applies to everyone who wants to navigate safely online. A special agent in our Cyber Division offered the following:

- "Don't drive in bad neighborhoods."
- "If you don't lock your car, it's vulnerable; if you don't secure your computer, it's vulnerable."
- "Reduce your vulnerability, and you reduce the threat."

Below are some key steps to protecting your computer from intrusion:

- Keep Your Firewall Turned On: A firewall helps protect your computer from hackers who might try to gain access to crash it, delete information, or even steal passwords or other sensitive information. Software firewalls are widely recommended for single computers. The software is prepackaged on some operating systems or can be purchased for individual computers. For multiple networked computers, hardware routers typically provide firewall protection.

- Install or Update Your Antivirus Software: Antivirus software is designed to prevent malicious software programs from embedding on your computer. If it detects malicious code, like a virus or a worm, it works to disarm or remove it. Viruses can infect computers without users' knowledge. Most types of antivirus software can be set up to update automatically.

- Install or Update Your Antispyware Technology: Spyware is just what it sounds like—software that is surreptitiously installed on your computer to let others peer into your activities on the computer. Some spyware collects information about you without your consent or produces unwanted pop-up ads on your web browser. Some operating systems offer free spyware protection, and inexpensive software is readily available for download on the Internet or at your local computer store. Be wary of ads on the Internet offering downloadable antispyware—in some cases these products may be fake and may actually contain spyware or other malicious code. It's like buying groceries—shop where you trust.

- Keep Your Operating System Up to Date: Computer operating systems are periodically updated to stay in tune with technology requirements and to fix security holes. Be sure to install the updates to ensure your computer has the latest protection.

- Be Careful What You Download: Carelessly downloading e-mail attachments can circumvent even the most vigilant anti-virus software. Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don't know, and be wary of forwarded attachments from people you do know. They may have unwittingly advanced malicious code.

- Turn Off Your Computer: With the growth of high-speed Internet connections, many opt to leave their computers on and ready for action. The downside is that being "always on" renders computers more susceptible. Beyond firewall protection, which is designed to fend off unwanted attacks, turning the computer off effectively severs an attacker's connection—be it spyware or a botnet that employs your computer's resources to reach out to other unwitting users.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Thanks for sharing BeTheChange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

Dear Souza,
Thank you for warning us. You have always been vigilant about the strange people who lurk in the virtual world. I've had one email account hacked--I had to close it down. There are few people you can trust in both the real and virtual worlds.
I have been on this forum since June 25, 2009, but I had problems with the other forum and lost track of some of the topics.
Could you tell me if TS is still considered an insider or is he a devil's advocate? I apologize for my confusion.
Thank you again for maintaining the forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RedPennylocks

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • A dream is a wish your heart makes
Excellent tips BeTheChange. Thanks so much for sharing this info. :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

An amazing person comes in many packages. If you only see with your eyes and not with your heart you will miss a lot of amazing people-do you agree?-Tito Jackson

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Dear Souza,
Thank you for warning us. You have always been vigilant about the strange people who lurk in the virtual world. I've had one email account hacked--I had to close it down. There are few people you can trust in both the real and virtual worlds.
I have been on this forum since June 25, 2009, but I had problems with the other forum and lost track of some of the topics.
Could you tell me if TS is still considered an insider or is he a devil's advocate? I apologize for my confusion.
Thank you again for maintaining the forum.

Sorry I am not Souza but I can tell you that TS is still considered a reliable insider, take a look:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

Thank you very much. I'll catch up!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

Thanks Souza ,this  is a very important matter... :compute:

Thanks Be for the informations  :icon_razz: ... I control a lot  my pc , but unfortunately  never know what can happen  :icon_e_sad:

:suspect:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Thank you, Souza, and others, for posting this warning and information. I also do not follow chat rooms and/or friend anyone I don't know well. But I can see how it could happen if one let their guard down.

Stay safe everyone. Not everyone out there has the best intentions when trying to get to know you.

Blessings to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Hey guys this is important:

I have just received a message on the chat with the username: "REMY"  saying to me that "VV" (Virtually Visible) send me love and peace, please be careful and don't exchange any data with him he might be another TROLL.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions